LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#3376 December 18 2018

Aly
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

Given the fact that your modem was reconfigured at Ogero HQ and it worked their, then your modem is working fine.
Let me tell you about an incident that happened a couple of months ago and hope it helps, in the company I work for we have a backup DSL connection from IDM for remote access to a certain router ... one day it went down (the DSL connection), I tried to troubleshoot it myself and nothing worked, it is Technicolor modem as well and the fault was the same "Concentrator not reachable".
I contacted IDM and since this is a corporate connection and we do have several connections with IDM for several thousand dollars per month, they do act quickly when we request support, they sent an engineer the same day and he tried to troubleshoot it all day long, I mean for hours, without success, he came back the next day to continue troubleshooting and eventually they sorted it out, the problem was from Ogero's side from a concentrator on the route between our company and IDM the ISP, so this was a DSP issue.
I advise you to book a fault ticket with Ogero so they can investigate this quickly.

Offline

#3377 December 19 2018

xazbrat
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

dio wrote:

Thanks for the reply. Here is the current setup: I've already connect a phone line from my box, outside my building, into my apartment to avoid interference from inside, did that about 5 months ago. The phone line is coming into the room, into a filter and into the router. My wall sockets are disabled so I cant really plug directly into the wall.

I will get an electrician to wire the phone line into an RJ11 socket and Ill try directly into the modem. If that doesn't work, i will test the box downstairs, if that doesnt work, let's hope Ogero can help.

I have a similar setup, but I am saying replace that filter (if you can) to see if that is the issue.  Filters go bad and they can cause connection problems very randomly.  Don't worry about connecting to the wall since you already eliminated 1 source of problem.  The filter is most likely your culprit.  Hopefully you don't need an electrician to do that.  Just use a standard RJ11 connector without a filter and that should tell you if that is your problem.

I have a Cat6 cable outside the house and it connected to where the old telephone line came in and got distributed to the house.  I found out that the line stats went to shit when we tried to distribute to any of the existing wall outlets,  so we disabled that function and the only telephone socket is more of a facade.  I have a "handy" connected right next to it and an external standard telephone wire (went through several sets to find the best one) to the modem which isn't in the same room.  We had to go through the dozen or so filters I had laying around to find the right one.  I just want you to know that ANYTHING could make your line worse, which is why connecting to the cable without a filter initially should be your first step

Last edited by xazbrat (December 19 2018)

Offline

#3378 December 19 2018

dio
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

xazbrat wrote:
dio wrote:

Thanks for the reply. Here is the current setup: I've already connect a phone line from my box, outside my building, into my apartment to avoid interference from inside, did that about 5 months ago. The phone line is coming into the room, into a filter and into the router. My wall sockets are disabled so I cant really plug directly into the wall.

I will get an electrician to wire the phone line into an RJ11 socket and Ill try directly into the modem. If that doesn't work, i will test the box downstairs, if that doesnt work, let's hope Ogero can help.

I have a similar setup, but I am saying replace that filter (if you can) to see if that is the issue.  Filters go bad and they can cause connection problems very randomly.  Don't worry about connecting to the wall since you already eliminated 1 source of problem.  The filter is most likely your culprit.  Hopefully you don't need an electrician to do that.  Just use a standard RJ11 connector without a filter and that should tell you if that is your problem.

I have a Cat6 cable outside the house and it connected to where the old telephone line came in and got distributed to the house.  I found out that the line stats went to shit when we tried to distribute to any of the existing wall outlets,  so we disabled that function and the only telephone socket is more of a facade.  I have a "handy" connected right next to it and an external standard telephone wire (went through several sets to find the best one) to the modem which isn't in the same room.  We had to go through the dozen or so filters I had laying around to find the right one.  I just want you to know that ANYTHING could make your line worse, which is why connecting to the cable without a filter initially should be your first step

Ok will do, thanks for the tips.

Offline

#3379 December 19 2018

dio
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

xazbrat wrote:
dio wrote:

Thanks for the reply. Here is the current setup: I've already connect a phone line from my box, outside my building, into my apartment to avoid interference from inside, did that about 5 months ago. The phone line is coming into the room, into a filter and into the router. My wall sockets are disabled so I cant really plug directly into the wall.

I will get an electrician to wire the phone line into an RJ11 socket and Ill try directly into the modem. If that doesn't work, i will test the box downstairs, if that doesnt work, let's hope Ogero can help.

I have a similar setup, but I am saying replace that filter (if you can) to see if that is the issue.  Filters go bad and they can cause connection problems very randomly.  Don't worry about connecting to the wall since you already eliminated 1 source of problem.  The filter is most likely your culprit.  Hopefully you don't need an electrician to do that.  Just use a standard RJ11 connector without a filter and that should tell you if that is your problem.

I have a Cat6 cable outside the house and it connected to where the old telephone line came in and got distributed to the house.  I found out that the line stats went to shit when we tried to distribute to any of the existing wall outlets,  so we disabled that function and the only telephone socket is more of a facade.  I have a "handy" connected right next to it and an external standard telephone wire (went through several sets to find the best one) to the modem which isn't in the same room.  We had to go through the dozen or so filters I had laying around to find the right one.  I just want you to know that ANYTHING could make your line worse, which is why connecting to the cable without a filter initially should be your first step

The engineer just left, he tested my line and found no signal on his device. We went downstairs to test my line in the phonebox, also no signal. Im the only apartment in the entire building with a "madroub" phone line. Anyway I told Ogero and they said "Noted thx", I also called and reported a fault on my phone line. They said between now and the 25th they will pass by and investigate.

One thing that bothered me was that the Ogero guy on the phone said that if the problem is from the cable running from my phonebox to the cabinet, they cant legally fix it, an electrican needs to. So i dunno, guess all I can do is wait.

Offline

#3380 December 19 2018

xazbrat
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

Maybe when they fix your phone line, it may cure some of the those ills you have been experiencing.  Any good luck.

Offline

#3381 December 19 2018

dio
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

xazbrat wrote:

Maybe when they fix your phone line, it may cure some of the those ills you have been experiencing.  Any good luck.

That's what I was thinking. Thanks for the help btw. :)

Offline

#3382 December 20 2018

Hadi Kadi
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

Does anyone have an ogero contact number for technical assistance? No one ever answers on the Minet el Hosn line and the 1515 people don't know how to help. Thanks

Offline

#3383 December 25 2018

dio
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

Got home, router was red, restarted it. Started connecting/disconnecting non-stop. Had this problem for a while, can't fix it, Ogero doesn't seem to want to bother.

net

Offline

#3384 January 4

arached
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

anyone experiencing high disconnectivity from yesterday?

Offline

#3385 January 9

Truepeace
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

Adnan wrote:

@Truepeace I have the same interference problem with the elevator. Can you tell me what you did exactly with your electrician? Did you drastically change the cable path from the phone box to your apartment or just used a shielded cable along the same way as the previous cable?

Sorry for the late reply, I got busy for a while.
The phone cables and electricity cables were in the same tube that is distributing the phone and electricity to the whole building. So I think that the electrician used a different tube for the phone line plus he replaced it with a CAT6 shielded cable (that's what he said) and now I have almost no CRC errors in the downstream but a few remained in the upstream since the SNR of the upstream is relatively low compared to the downstream (13 dB up vs 21 dB down) which annoyed me a little but my main issue was fixed, when the elevator is used no CRC errors appear and the connection never cuts anymore.

Last edited by Truepeace (January 9)

Offline

#3386 January 10

Truepeace
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

Is anyone facing the "connecting" forever issue when trying to do a Steam voice call?
I tried three different modem routers and three different laptops from my home wifi, not working. I tried disabling the antivirus, the firewall of the laptops and the router, nothing changed.
I tried using a VPN, my mobile hotspot internet, and my college wifi, calls work.
Seems like an ISP issue although others with Ogero don't have this issue.
I can't figure out what the issue may be, I contacted Ogero but they seem clueless.

Offline

#3387 January 11

leblinux
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

Truepeace wrote:
Adnan wrote:

@Truepeace I have the same interference problem with the elevator. Can you tell me what you did exactly with your electrician? Did you drastically change the cable path from the phone box to your apartment or just used a shielded cable along the same way as the previous cable?

Sorry for the late reply, I got busy for a while.
The phone cables and electricity cables were in the same tube that is distributing the phone and electricity to the whole building. So I think that the electrician used a different tube for the phone line plus he replaced it with a CAT6 shielded cable (that's what he said) and now I have almost no CRC errors in the downstream but a few remained in the upstream since the SNR of the upstream is relatively low compared to the downstream (13 dB up vs 21 dB down) which annoyed me a little but my main issue was fixed, when the elevator is used no CRC errors appear and the connection never cuts anymore.


Great this is what I will use to
Prevent EMF from elevator a cat 6 network cable

Offline

#3388 January 11

leblinux
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

Truepeace wrote:
Adnan wrote:

@Truepeace I have the same interference problem with the elevator. Can you tell me what you did exactly with your electrician? Did you drastically change the cable path from the phone box to your apartment or just used a shielded cable along the same way as the previous cable?

Sorry for the late reply, I got busy for a while.
The phone cables and electricity cables were in the same tube that is distributing the phone and electricity to the whole building. So I think that the electrician used a different tube for the phone line plus he replaced it with a CAT6 shielded cable (that's what he said) and now I have almost no CRC errors in the downstream but a few remained in the upstream since the SNR of the upstream is relatively low compared to the downstream (13 dB up vs 21 dB down) which annoyed me a little but my main issue was fixed, when the elevator is used no CRC errors appear and the connection never cuts anymore.

Cat 6 with STP is expensive, did you install UTP or STP for the interference?

Offline

#3389 January 12

Truepeace
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

leblinux wrote:

Cat 6 with STP is expensive, did you install UTP or STP for the interference?

I had bought an SFTP cat5e cable from EKT (I paid like 50 000LL) but my electrician said it was "bad quality"... so he brought supposedly an STP cat 6 cable and he said the brand is something like "3M".

Last edited by Truepeace (January 12)

Offline

#3390 January 12

duke-of-bytes
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

Truepeace wrote:
leblinux wrote:

Cat 6 with STP is expensive, did you install UTP or STP for the interference?

I had bought an SFTP cat5e cable from EKT (I paid like 50 000LL) but my electrician said it was "bad quality"... so he brought supposedly an STP cat 6 cable and he said the brand is something like "Tri AMP" (that's what I heard). Sorry can't confirm more.

3M cables are good ..it would work better if the electrician grounds both ends of the cable

Offline

#3391 January 12

Truepeace
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

duke-of-bytes wrote:

3M cables are good ..it would work better if the electrician grounds both ends of the cable

I just googled 3M cat6 and all I see is UTP in Lebanese stores.. I stressed that I wanted them STP but I can't complain much since my issue was resolved.

Offline

#3392 January 12

duke-of-bytes
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

Truepeace wrote:
duke-of-bytes wrote:

3M cables are good ..it would work better if the electrician grounds both ends of the cable

I just googled 3M cat6 and all I see is UTP in Lebanese stores.. I stressed that I wanted them STP but I can't complain much since my issue was resolved.

even the regular utp will help if it's a good quality
if you have a piece of the cable you can post here and we will help you

Offline

#3393 January 12

Truepeace
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

duke-of-bytes wrote:

even the regular utp will help if it's a good quality
if you have a piece of the cable you can post here and we will help you

3M

Offline

#3394 January 12

leblinux
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

Yah its Cat 6 UTP 3M the STP type is way expensive and hard to find even EKT has only 15 M type of Stp cat 6. I will install the cat 6 utp and hope it helps decrease interference with elevator.

Offline

#3395 January 12

Truepeace
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

leblinux wrote:

Yah its Cat 6 UTP 3M the STP type is way expensive and hard to find even EKT has only 15 M type of Stp cat 6. I will install the cat 6 utp and hope it helps decrease interference with elevator.

Lol I'm so mad right now that I bought the SFTP cat5e cable from EKT for nothing when it should be theoretically better than the one my electrician installed.

Offline

#3396 January 12

duke-of-bytes
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

leblinux wrote:

Yah its Cat 6 UTP 3M the STP type is way expensive and hard to find even EKT has only 15 M type of Stp cat 6. I will install the cat 6 utp and hope it helps decrease interference with elevator.

the strands shows clearly it is a cat 6 but this looks like an FTP and not a UTP - picture is not clear but you can see a bit of the foil in the end before the strands

Offline

#3397 January 12

leblinux
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

duke-of-bytes wrote:
leblinux wrote:

Yah its Cat 6 UTP 3M the STP type is way expensive and hard to find even EKT has only 15 M type of Stp cat 6. I will install the cat 6 utp and hope it helps decrease interference with elevator.

the strands shows clearly it is a cat 6 but this looks like an FTP and not a UTP - picture is not clear but you can see a bit of the foil in the end before the strands

Its Utp the end is the plastic, unless the owner verifies if its a foil or plastic rod that comss with the utp cat6...

Offline

#3398 January 12

Truepeace
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

leblinux wrote:

Its Utp the end is the plastic, unless the owner verifies if its a foil or plastic rod that comss with the utp cat6...

I took the picture back at the time, if you zoom in well you can see something like foil coming out of the plastic, not sure though and I can't verify now.

Offline

#3399 January 12

Georges01
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

this is getting ridiculous, 2 of my neighbors phone lines went down 3 weeks ago, they called ogero but no one came to fix the problem. my phone line and dsl went down 6 days ago, i spammed 1515, ogero web ticket, @ogerotelecom on twitter, and no one came. I'm honestly thinking in placing a ladder on the telephone pole and try to fix it myself.

Offline

#3400 January 13

Adnan
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

Thanks for the information @Truepeace. How much did the electrician cost you? On which floor do you live? He seems knowledgeable, does he work around Tripoli?

Offline

Board footer