LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#3351 October 29 2018

dio

Re: Feedback for Ogero

Ahmad Toutounji wrote:

Does anyone have any news about ftth setup from ogero yet?

Nothing to report here. :(

#3352 October 29 2018

Doom

well,they updated the deployement map : https://www.ogero.gov.lb/deployment

#3353 October 29 2018

wollyka

Anyone living in Mazraa is getting lower Max line speed today? I used to get 25 Mbps and now i barely get 21 Mbps.

#3354 October 29 2018

Raficoo

Doom wrote:

I noticed something here: If you click on Q2, Q3, or Q4 of 2019, you'll see the map markers for "FTTH", yet when you click the marker itself, it says FTTx(also all written "FTTx" on the left table), so I wonder if they're really planning FTTH for those areas or did someone mistakenly place FTTH instead of FTTx markers for Q2-Q4 2019.

In anycase, it seems my city's schedule has been pushed back to Q2 2019 instead of the original Q1 :/

#3355 October 30 2018

xazbrat

Raficoo wrote:
Doom wrote:

I noticed something here: If you click on Q2, Q3, or Q4 of 2019, you'll see the map markers for "FTTH", yet when you click the marker itself, it says FTTx(also all written "FTTx" on the left table), so I wonder if they're really planning FTTH for those areas or did someone mistakenly place FTTH instead of FTTx markers for Q2-Q4 2019.

In anycase, it seems my city's schedule has been pushed back to Q2 2019 instead of the original Q1 :/

Mine says 4th quarter 2018 and my max speed still shows up as 3 mb per ogero's speed test and between 5 and 6 mb per modem stats--been that way for 6 months or more.  Has 2 months to change---hopefully something gets done before end of year.

#3356 October 30 2018

dio

Filled out my application for Fiber over a year ago lmao.

#3357 November 3 2018

mher11

Hello,
I have adsl and requested vdsl last week, till now didnt get any news when can i go to jdeideh to get the router.. Anyway I dont have time to go to jdeideh since they are closed on saturdays my question is if i buy VDSL router from a shop and do the configuration does it switch to vdsl?? I have my Adsl L number and password... And if yes is the cisco vdsl available on pcandparts a good router?

Thanks

#3358 November 3 2018

AVOlio

mher11 wrote:

Hello,
I have adsl and requested vdsl last week, till now didnt get any news when can i go to jdeideh to get the router.. Anyway I dont have time to go to jdeideh since they are closed on saturdays my question is if i buy VDSL router from a shop and do the configuration does it switch to vdsl?? I have my Adsl L number and password... And if yes is the cisco vdsl available on pcandparts a good router?

Thanks

if you have the numbers you're good to go.

#3359 November 3 2018

mher11

AVOlio wrote:
mher11 wrote:

Hello,

Thanks

if you have the numbers you're good to go.

I bought tp link td-w9970 but vdsl is not connecting, is there any configuration i should know? I  set it up with the adsl and it got connected and then tried changing the modulation to Vdsl but its not connecting..

#3360 November 3 2018

AVOlio

You need to see if Ogero on their part changed your port to vdsl.
It should word if they did, but if it doesn't, means that your port in the central is still on adsl.

#3361 November 3 2018

mher11

AVOlio wrote:

You need to see if Ogero on their part changed your port to vdsl.
It should word if they did, but if it doesn't, means that your port in the central is still on adsl.

Ok i will wait for some more days and check again.. I requested it last week. Thanks...

#3362 November 12 2018

dio

According to the Deployment map, Ogero should be installing Fiber in select areas by Q4 of 2018. Do they realize they have less than 2 months to do so? Like installing fiber it in 1 small location of the area makes that valid? Pff.

#3363 November 18 2018

Kareem

Does anybody know if Ogero will accept Fiber to home instead of Fiber to cabinet for end users? I mean FTTC is nice and all but I don't want anything over copper..

#3364 November 19 2018

Mayyad

You can see ogero deployment map to see if yiu region going to have ftth.

#3365 November 22 2018

Kareem

Well... I think everything is delayed.... i knew I shouldn't have had high hopes. My area was expected to be done by Q1 2019 few days ago... Now everything is delayed.

041c611962a988870c56416a66db44de.png

#3366 November 22 2018

xazbrat

Great--went from 4th quarter 2018 (month left) to Q2 2019.  Didn't take long for them to delay.

#3367 November 25 2018

AymanS

Wow went from q4 2018 to q1 2019, guess they couldnt keep their word regarding time !!

#3368 November 29 2018

FadZ

I asked Mr. Kreidieh about the delay on Twitter.
Twitter

#3369 December 3 2018

dio

Update:

My internet now disconnects frequently as soon as the power in my building comes back.

Example: Power cuts from 12:00 pm to 3:00 pm (generator on), from 3:10 pm till around 4:00 pm, it disconnects every 5 minutes for about 3 minutes. And it just keeps doing that for the rest of the hour until it stabilizes.  (3 lights on router instead of 4, sometimes a red light on the last led)

I've been monitoring this for about 2 weeks no. Never fails. Plugging in the router to the UPS does not help.

Last edited by dio (December 3 2018)

#3370 December 11 2018

Truepeace

dio wrote:

Update:

My internet now disconnects frequently as soon as the power in my building comes back.

Example: Power cuts from 12:00 pm to 3:00 pm (generator on), from 3:10 pm till around 4:00 pm, it disconnects every 5 minutes for about 3 minutes. And it just keeps doing that for the rest of the hour until it stabilizes.  (3 lights on router instead of 4, sometimes a red light on the last led)

I've been monitoring this for about 2 weeks no. Never fails. Plugging in the router to the UPS does not help.

Electrical interference maybe? I had disconnections each time the elevator was used, so I called the electrician to separate the phone and electrical cables and to use better shielded phone cables, no more disconnections and slightly better line stats.

#3371 December 12 2018

dio

Truepeace wrote:
dio wrote:

Update:

Electrical interference maybe? I had disconnections each time the elevator was used, so I called the electrician to separate the phone and electrical cables and to use better shielded phone cables, no more disconnections and slightly better line stats.

Unfortunately it is electrical interference, but I don't know how to solve this issue. In your case, it was isolated to the elevator, I don't know where my issue is located. Outside the building? Inside? How can I find out.

#3372 December 12 2018

Adnan

@Truepeace I have the same interference problem with the elevator. Can you tell me what you did exactly with your electrician? Did you drastically change the cable path from the phone box to your apartment or just used a shielded cable along the same way as the previous cable?

#3373 December 18 2018

dio

Hello, I came home last night to discover there was no net, I assumed it would return since the power just came back to the building. Anyway, it never did.

Router: Technicolor TG582n, 3 green lights, no 4th (not even red.)

I tried restarting it, manually disconnecting/reconnecting through the router page, nothing helped. I also noticed that when I did try to manually reconnect, it gave me "Concentrator not reachable". I've seen this error before, but the net would always come back eventually after 5-10 minutes. I even tried re-configuring it myself (which I've done in the past successfully).

So I messaged Ogero on Twitter, they said I need to take it to Ogero HQ to reconfigure, so I went this morning, the nice lady reconfigured it in 5 minutes, and even asked me to connect to the WiFi of it and test it, it worked fine. Brought it home with no luck. Net is still down and I have no idea why.

Ogero said they will investigate, but was hoping some of you could help me out? As you might know, I've had issues in the past with power interference and so on, I don't know if any of this has to do with the issue.

Any help is appreciated.

#3374 December 18 2018

xazbrat

dio wrote:

Hello, I came home last night to discover there was no net, I assumed it would return since the power just came back to the building. Anyway, it never did.

Router: Technicolor TG582n, 3 green lights, no 4th (not even red.)

I tried restarting it, manually disconnecting/reconnecting through the router page, nothing helped. I also noticed that when I did try to manually reconnect, it gave me "Concentrator not reachable". I've seen this error before, but the net would always come back eventually after 5-10 minutes. I even tried re-configuring it myself (which I've done in the past successfully).

So I messaged Ogero on Twitter, they said I need to take it to Ogero HQ to reconfigure, so I went this morning, the nice lady reconfigured it in 5 minutes, and even asked me to connect to the WiFi of it and test it, it worked fine. Brought it home with no luck. Net is still down and I have no idea why.

Ogero said they will investigate, but was hoping some of you could help me out? As you might know, I've had issues in the past with power interference and so on, I don't know if any of this has to do with the issue.

Any help is appreciated.

If I were in your shoes, first thing I would check are the filters.  They tend to randomly and suddenly go bad and give you all sorts of problems.  Unplug them all and plug the modem directly into the outlet without a filter.  Hopefully this helps---if it doesn't, try getting access to your phone line where it enters the building and try connecting your line there (you may need a portable power supply and/or an electrician).  If you get a connection, then the problem is from the box to your apartment--if not, you have deeper issues which hopefully can be cured by Ogero or an outside source.  With the randomness of things in this country, it is hard to pinpoint the problem quickly.

In any case, good luck.

#3375 December 18 2018

dio

Thanks for the reply. Here is the current setup: I've already connect a phone line from my box, outside my building, into my apartment to avoid interference from inside, did that about 5 months ago. The phone line is coming into the room, into a filter and into the router. My wall sockets are disabled so I cant really plug directly into the wall.

I will get an electrician to wire the phone line into an RJ11 socket and Ill try directly into the modem. If that doesn't work, i will test the box downstairs, if that doesnt work, let's hope Ogero can help.

Board footer