LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#3301 August 6 2018

nuclearcat

Re: Feedback for Ogero

Guys, report that in twitter and mention @ikreidieh, my guess it will be fixed or explained why it doesnt work.

#3302 August 7 2018

vengeance666

That's the reply I received by email, apparently they know but won't fix for some reason.

"The online DSL change function can be buggy sometimes, especially when it comes to recent changes to DSL plan in the past several months.

As for changing your DSL plan, you can also perform the process via email here. To change your DSL package (which will take effect at the start of next month), you simply need t provide: Landline number, Contact number, Current DSL package, Desired DSLpackage, Name of landline owner, and a picture of the landline owner's ID.

Digitally yours,"

Last edited by vengeance666 (August 7 2018)

#3303 August 7 2018

djunited

are there any plans more than 200gb available fore vdsl? once i make the switch to vdsl can i change back to 4mb unlimited or am i stuck with the current quota? i am currently on open speed 200gb.

#3304 August 7 2018

Aly

Hello vengeance666, yes i have the upgrade options greyed out as well in my ogero account, even though i have open speed 150gb i should be capable of downgrading or upgrading my quota any time i want let’s say to OS100 or OS200 and it doesn't require any feasibility tests... i called Ogero and asked them about this, all they said was we can do nothing their website and application are still in Beta.
However they can help you with your request over the phone (upgrade or downgrade).

#3305 August 14 2018

djunited

will a 2mbps dedicated connection from ogero will able to stream 4k netflix content?  trying to decide what plan would be best. i dont think the 200gb cap on open speed will suffice as netflix can use 7gb per hour when streaming in 4k which leaves me with the 2mpbs dedicated plan (4mbps dedicated is too expensive). will it be enough or should i not even consider?

#3306 August 14 2018

dio

djunited wrote:

will a 2mbps dedicated connection from ogero will able to stream 4k netflix content?  trying to decide what plan would be best. i dont think the 200gb cap on open speed will suffice as netflix can use 7gb per hour when streaming in 4k which leaves me with the 2mpbs dedicated plan (4mbps dedicated is too expensive). will it be enough or should i not even consider?

No. 2mb cannot stream 4K. I think you actually need at least a ~10-15mb/s connection to flawlessly stream a 4K quality video.

Last edited by dio (August 14 2018)

#3307 August 14 2018

nuclearcat

Netflix 4K UHD plan need 25Mbps minimum.

#3308 August 14 2018

xazbrat

dio wrote:
djunited wrote:

No. 2mb cannot stream 4K. I think you actually need at least a ~10-15mb/s connection to flawlessly stream a 4K quality video.

At best, you would be able to get a 720p connection,

#3309 August 14 2018

dio

xazbrat wrote:
dio wrote:
djunited wrote:

At best, you would be able to get a 720p connection,

Na, with speeds from 10-15 you can stream 1080p with no issue. That's what I have at home.

Last edited by dio (August 14 2018)

#3310 August 14 2018

djunited

guess the only choice is to go for fiber optics when its available. how are you guys enjoying your 4k tvs? do you stream in 4k?

#3311 August 14 2018

AVOlio

djunited wrote:

guess the only choice is to go for fiber optics when its available. how are you guys enjoying your 4k tvs? do you stream in 4k?

If someone can generously share their 4k Netflix account, I will enjoy my 4k TV and projector

#3312 August 14 2018

wollyka

With my 15 Mbps, I can watch 1080p and 1440p without issues but forget about 4k. Too much buffering.

#3313 August 16 2018

Truepeace

Anyone having voice chat connection issues on the updated Steam client? It stopped connecting but it works on my mobile hotspot.

#3314 August 16 2018

Doom

Anybody experiencing problems today?

#3315 August 24 2018

Shlagem

Anyone still experiencing these <5 sec timeouts? It is killing my online activity badly.

#3316 August 24 2018

djunited

ive always had these timeouts. especially evident while using whatsapp call on the same wifi network. the call will get interrupted.

#3317 August 28 2018

DG

Anyone with Ogero lost connectivity (though all modem lights were still on) from around 11:45am to 12:15pm today ?

#3318 August 28 2018

Mylo89

DG wrote:

Anyone with Ogero lost connectivity (though all modem lights were still on) from around 11:45am to 12:15pm today ?

Yes me too from 11:45 am till 1:00 pm

#3319 August 28 2018

xazbrat

Mylo89 wrote:
DG wrote:

Yes me too from 11:45 am till 1:00 pm

Same

#3320 September 2 2018

dio

Hey guys, was using the internet normally this morning and all of a sudden I get disconnected. It's not the usual type of interference drop-out, I went to check that status on the router (VR400) and it says "Please check if your phone cable is properly connected.".

It's not even trying to connect, usually it will say "Connecting" while it reconnects, but it's just saying that. I already checked whether the phone line was disconnected or not, it's fine, nothing has changed.

Any ideas what it could be? I already DMd ogero asking to check my line, they've yet to reply.

#3321 September 2 2018

nuclearcat

Is regular telephone working?
If yes - it might be that your modem is dead from EMI or DSLAM from Ogero side.
Try to get some cheap spare router or borrow for a while, if its urgent for you.

Last edited by nuclearcat (September 2 2018)

#3322 September 2 2018

dio

nuclearcat wrote:

Is regular telephone working?
If yes - it might be that your modem is dead from EMI or DSLAM from Ogero side.
Try to get some cheap spare router or borrow for a while, if its urgent for you.

I'll try hooking up a phone to see if there's a signal when I get home. I also have the old Ogero router, I'll try hooking that up to see if there's a difference. Thanks.

#3323 September 2 2018

xazbrat

Are you forcing it into G.dmt or another modulation---I have gotten disconnected before and the modem won't try to connect until I change the modulation or give it another choice.

#3324 September 2 2018

Khalil7

dio wrote:

Hey guys, was using the internet normally this morning and all of a sudden I get disconnected. It's not the usual type of interference drop-out, I went to check that status on the router (VR400) and it says "Please check if your phone cable is properly connected.".

It's not even trying to connect, usually it will say "Connecting" while it reconnects, but it's just saying that. I already checked whether the phone line was disconnected or not, it's fine, nothing has changed.

Any ideas what it could be? I already DMd ogero asking to check my line, they've yet to reply.

same happened to my vr400 2 week ago, every thing is working fine except the modem can't detect the phone line"i checked with other modems and they worked fine", i took it for repair they told me that an ic was burned out "that functions the syncing with the DSLAM" and there is no spare parts for it in lebanon so unfortunately the only solution is to buy a new VDSL modem

#3325 September 2 2018

dio

Khalil7 wrote:
dio wrote:

same happened to my vr400 2 week ago, every thing is working fine except the modem can't detect the phone line"i checked with other modems and they worked fine", i took it for repair they told me that an ic was burned out "that functions the syncing with the DSLAM" and there is no spare parts for it in lebanon so unfortunately the only solution is to buy a new VDSL modem

Alright that's awful news for my router. Anyway, i hooked up the old Ogero and it works. It's also syncing at 14mb/s as opposed to 10mb/s of the old one. I don't know if its constant, or im going to get drop outs because I used to sync to ADSL2 instead of ADSL2+ on the VR400.

So who's to blame for this? Ogero? Faulty hardware?

Board footer