LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#3276 June 25 2018

DjSam

Re: Feedback for Ogero

Well back in July I submitted what I guess is a request form to test waters
Last month we were told to apply in the CO so we did and then a private contractor contacted us and he did the wiring from basement to inside the house since Ogero isn't allowed to; he charged $100 or $150 I think
Then after 2-3 weeks of impatiently looking at the fiber termination box Ogero sent a technician to install the modem :)

#3277 June 25 2018

dio

DjSam wrote:

Last month we were told to apply in the CO so we did and then a private contractor contacted us and he did the wiring from basement to inside the house since Ogero isn't allowed to; he charged $100 or $150 I think
Then after 2-3 weeks of impatiently looking at the fiber termination box Ogero sent a technician to install the modem :)

Gonna need the number of that contractor. =)

#3278 June 27 2018

Azachariou

Also curious to know what hardware they sold you DjSam

#3279 June 29 2018

Chup

dio wrote:
DjSam wrote:

Gonna need the number of that contractor. =)

Yes, please.

#3280 July 1 2018

DG

Anyone with Ogero getting disconnected from the Internet today. I mean only the last modem led associated with PPOE goes down for a while ?

#3281 July 1 2018

alifawaz99

DG wrote:

Anyone with Ogero getting disconnected from the Internet today. I mean only the last modem led associated with PPOE goes down for a while ?

Yeah it's happening a lot nowadays :(

#3282 July 3 2018

DG

Thanks Ali Fawaz. I've been having this problem (described above) for the past 3 days. Anyone else getting disconnected from the Internet (last modem light goes off for a minute and comes back on) ?

#3283 July 3 2018

dio

DG wrote:

Thanks Ali Fawaz. I've been having this problem (described above) for the past 3 days. Anyone else getting disconnected from the Internet (last modem light goes off for a minute and comes back on) ?

I've been experiencing this for the past 3 months. I've been on Ogeros ass for the past 2, and I still have no solution. I even spoke to the head of I don't know what, and Mr. Kredieh himself, and I still have no solutions. All I've gotten is empty promises of a fix.

If ithe problem really is not from your end, then good luck.

Last edited by dio (July 3 2018)

#3284 July 3 2018

Shlagem

I have been having the same issue of random disconnection regularly for the last 3 month.

I have my old TP-Link TD-W8901G situated on top of two UPS backups (which I heard is not a good idea). My plan is the up to 8MB 200GB quota rip off. I was searching for a possible replacement for the router to one that can hold a more steady line and stumbled here.

The range on my router is also extremely poor. If I would like to change the router to another with higher range and better consistency what model would you guys suggest?

#3285 July 3 2018

Kareem

No disconnections whatsoever here. Beirut/ Jnah

#3286 July 4 2018

dio

I've done it all. Replaced routers, replaced phone lines (externally in case of electrical interference inside the building) from outside the building, cut all power in my apartment and powered the router on my UPS. For me, the issue lies with the power cables running to my house. lul

#3287 July 4 2018

DG

dio wrote:

I've been experiencing this for the past 3 months. I've been on Ogeros ass for the past 2, and I still have no solution. I even spoke to the head of I don't know what, and Mr. Kredieh himself, and I still have no solutions. All I've gotten is empty promises of a fix.

Well, they'd better fix it soon (still happening btw) as I won't be able to play WoW like this when BfA is out.

#3288 July 4 2018

dio

DG wrote:
dio wrote:

Well, they'd better fix it soon (still happening btw) as I won't be able to play WoW like this when BfA is out.

Tell me about it. I've gotten so many abandons in Dota. Spending so much on 4G cuz I can't risk getting disconnected. Feelsbadman.

#3289 July 5 2018

beezer

My line speed died to 600kbps (was 1.5mbps before) around two days ago. Rewired everything all over again, nothing. Sent in a ticket, will see what's up.

#3290 July 10 2018

dio

Can someone explain to me why my max rate this morning is 1.6mb/s? What a fucking joke.

Ok now it went back up to 12mb/s with SNR at 10db.

Nope. Now its back to 1.7mb/s with SNR at 16. lol

Last edited by dio (July 10 2018)

#3291 July 10 2018

semaan

dio wrote:

Can someone explain to me why my max rate this morning is 1.6mb/s? What a fucking joke.

Ok now it went back up to 12mb/s with line attenuation at 10db.

Nope. Now its back to 1.7mb/s with line attenuation at 29db. lol

Which Region ???

#3292 July 10 2018

dio

semaan wrote:
dio wrote:

Ok now it went back up to 12mb/s with line attenuation at 10db.

Nope. Now its back to 1.7mb/s with line attenuation at 29db. lol

Which Region ???

Hamra.

#3293 July 10 2018

DG

Don't know about max rate but I'm using the 2MB unlimited plan and, for the past 2 weeks, my last modem light keeps randomly going off for 30 secs or so (making me get disconnected) before it comes back on. Ogero has done nothing to fix the problem though I already reported it.

#3294 July 12 2018

DjSam

Azachariou wrote:

Also curious to know what hardware they sold you DjSam

Zhone gpon 2426a modem

#3295 July 22 2018

ramy58

What is going on with Ogero lately ? I live in Zarif, which is close to the Hamra region, and my internet is at like 10 kb/s 90% of the time, and works normally in the remaining 10%. Apparently people have been calling their customer service so much that they actually deactivated it ? What kind of company does that ?

#3296 July 22 2018

DG

Yeah, something's definitely wrong. Just last night, after initiating a ping to several IP addresses, I had more "request timed out" replies than successful ones.
Moreover, I keep losing connectivity lately. The Internet led goes off for < 1 minute and the modem logs show "ppp link down" ... after that "authentication successful".
I'd say these aren't the best times for Ogero.

#3297 July 22 2018

Azachariou

ramy58 wrote:

What is going on with Ogero lately ? I live in Zarif, which is close to the Hamra region, and my internet is at like 10 kb/s 90% of the time, and works normally in the remaining 10%. Apparently people have been calling their customer service so much that they actually deactivated it ? What kind of company does that ?

They were doing maintenance, took it down for less than a day

#3298 August 1 2018

vengeance666

Did anyone notice the update your profile thing on Ogero's panel? You can't see anything in your account unless you "update" your profile. The thing is when you do you can't just put in an email address. It just says pending verification for whatever email you put in and that's it. Tho using the mobile app for Ogero works for seeing your usage and your bill, any other tab will trigger this profile update thing. Anyone has an idea what's going on ?

#3299 August 1 2018

beezer

vengeance666 wrote:

Did anyone notice the update your profile thing on Ogero's panel? You can't see anything in your account unless you "update" your profile. The thing is when you do you can't just put in an email address. It just says pending verification for whatever email you put in and that's it. Tho using the mobile app for Ogero works for seeing your usage and your bill, any other tab will trigger this profile update thing. Anyone has an idea what's going on ?

I haven't been able to do anything, it's just always loading, and I tried logging in on the website but it seems I forgot my password, and a password reset doesn't work. Seems like it didn't take them long to screw something to simple up.

#3300 August 6 2018

vengeance666

Does anyone have the options of account upgrade greyed out in the home internet section of your account panel? I want to upgrade my account to the 100gb plan up from the 50gb one I have now, but I can only choose the 4mbps 40gb or 2 mbps unlimited plan. What's the reason for making an online upgrade possible if you are just going to grey out 80% of the plans for god knows why. It's been like that since the new website was implemented by the way.

Board footer