LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#3226 March 28 2018

Raficoo

Re: Feedback for Ogero

Seems to be back to normal now

#3227 March 29 2018

dio

Raficoo wrote:

Yea something definitely up, getting quite a bit of time outs and while speedtest.net shows 3mbit(guessing it's cached), all http downloads aren't exceeding 45KB/s

It's been doing this a lot lately, anything not cached downloads at like 50kb/s. It's getting ridiculous to be honest. It takes me like 4 hours to download a new Nvidia driver.

#3228 April 4 2018

alifawaz99

Does anyone have an idea if DSL quota will be increased?
The current quota is flying off with speed

#3229 April 4 2018

Ahmad Toutounji

alifawaz99 wrote:

Does anyone have an idea if DSL quota will be increased?
The current quota is flying off with speed

not without cancerous political hiccups it won't..

#3230 April 4 2018

trent

Fiber connections will offer up to 1,000GB options

Package (GB)    Monthly Fee (LL)
300            75,000
400            100,000
500            120,000
700            168,000
1000            240,000

#3231 April 5 2018

kfc

trent wrote:

300            75,000
400            100,000
500            120,000
700            168,000
1000            240,000

prices should hopefully be reduced by some 33% once the FTTC project is executed.

#3232 April 5 2018

Ahmad Toutounji

kfc wrote:
trent wrote:

300            75,000
400            100,000
500            120,000
700            168,000
1000            240,000

prices should hopefully be reduced by some 33% once the FTTC project is executed.

do you have any sources that confirms that?

#3233 April 5 2018

dio

Its accurate.

Last edited by dio (April 5 2018)

#3234 April 5 2018

kfc

Ahmad Toutounji wrote:
kfc wrote:
trent wrote:

300            75,000
400            100,000
500            120,000
700            168,000
1000            240,000

do you have any sources that confirms that?

Ogero chairman said that their will be a new decree in the next government.

the decrease % is an estimation from me.

#3235 April 6 2018

Draguen

Since Fiber is being deployed around lebanon, has someone heard anything about their usually associated services ? i'm talking about TV channels and free call to fixed lines etc.

this is commun in countries equipped with fibre optic, such as France. supposedly the services can be obtained starting with a 100Mbit/s connection.

based on the fact that's it's both ogero that deploys the fiber  (more or less)  and telephone lines i would have expected to have heard something by now. Especially when you think about the increased income it can generate for the state by directly selling TV subscriptions

#3236 April 6 2018

Xsever

Draguen wrote:

Since Fiber is being deployed around lebanon, has someone heard anything about their usually associated services ? i'm talking about TV channels and free call to fixed lines etc.

this is commun in countries equipped with fibre optic, such as France. supposedly the services can be obtained starting with a 100Mbit/s connection.

based on the fact that's it's both ogero that deploys the fiber  (more or less)  and telephone lines i would have expected to have heard something by now. Especially when you think about the increased income it can generate for the state by directly selling TV subscriptions

Very good question. That was the case for me back in Canada. We had an IP phone, fast internet, and cable tv from the same company: Cogeco.

The more services you bundled from the same company, the more savings you'd get and it's one bill you have to pay.

#3237 April 6 2018

AVOlio

They mentioned something about IPTV, as i remember and some other stuff.

#3238 April 6 2018

trent

Internet subscribers through fiber optics, expected to be starting in mid-2018, will benefit from the Internet protocol TV (IPTV), where TV channels are streamed through the fiber optic network. They will have also access to video-on-demand services, which is being currently prepared by GlobalCom.

Jaber said that all subscribers linked to the fiber optic network, not limited to GlobalCom Data Services' (GDS) clientele, will be capable to benefit from the online bundle, for a price range between $15 and $45 per month. GDS is a subsidiary of GlobalCom selected by the Ministry of Telecommunication to deploy fiber optic networks in Beirut and surrounding areas.

Mentioned in an article about GlobalCom acquiring CableVision and merging it with its Econet service, back in Dec of 2017

Econet to merge with Cablevision: Internet meets wireless television
http://www.businessnews.com.lb/cms/Stor … temID=6317

#3239 April 6 2018

Draguen

Thanks Trent, it would be nice if someone could tweet Imad Kreidieh regarding the progress of this service and if Ogero plans on deliverying it themselves or only through GDS.

i know we have a few influencers lurking around these forums.

Last edited by Draguen (April 6 2018)

#3240 April 7 2018

xazbrat

Quick question guys---my stats are fluctuating all over the place with some strange results.  For example, atm, here are my stats (2mb u/l)

Mode:    ADSL_re-adsl    
Traffic Type:    ATM
Link Power State:    L0

Downstream    Upstream
Line Coding(Trellis):    On    On
SNR Margin (0.1 dB):    236    115
Attenuation (0.1 dB):    460    254
Output Power (0.1 dBm):    178    106
Attainable Rate (Kbps):    1981    764

Path 0        
            Downstream    Upstream
Rate (Kbps):    600    751

Now I reboot, and look at the SNR margin and actual speed

ADSL_2plus    

Downstream    Upstream
SNR Margin (0.1 dB):    101    137
Attenuation (0.1 dB):    490    268
Output Power (0.1 dBm):180    123
Attainable Rate (Kbps):    2145 1250

Path 0        
               Downstream    Upstream   
Rate (Kbps):    1996    1023

Any reason for the such a big in the SNR fluctuation?  With the better SNR margin, my line is more stable, albeit at 40% of the speed while the other scenario gives me less stability but more speed.  If the speed went up to 1200 kbps, it would be more acceptable I guess, but it never works out that way.  I am sort of hoping that they are moving my line to a cabinet about a km away, but that is being way too hopeful.

#3241 April 7 2018

Ahmad Toutounji

I should have shared this days ago.
Anyway FTTX will start all over Lebanon at the start of next month , here's the link to Mr. Imad's tweet :
here

#3242 April 7 2018

Ahmad Toutounji

xazbrat wrote:

Quick question guys---my stats are fluctuating all over the place with some strange results.  For example, atm, here are my stats (2mb u/l)

Mode:    ADSL_re-adsl    

Downstream    Upstream
SNR Margin (0.1 dB):    236    115
Attenuation (0.1 dB):    460    254
Output Power (0.1 dBm):    178    106
Attainable Rate (Kbps):    1981    764

Path 0        
            Downstream    Upstream
Rate (Kbps):    600    751

Now I reboot, and look at the SNR margin and actual speed

ADSL_2plus    

Downstream    Upstream
SNR Margin (0.1 dB):    101    137
Attenuation (0.1 dB):    490    268
Output Power (0.1 dBm):180    123
Attainable Rate (Kbps):    2145 1250

Path 0        
               Downstream    Upstream   
Rate (Kbps):    1996    1023

Any reason for the such a big in the SNR fluctuation?  With the better SNR margin, my line is more stable, albeit at 40% of the speed while the other scenario gives me less stability but more speed.  If the speed went up to 1200 kbps, it would be more acceptable I guess, but it never works out that way.  I am sort of hoping that they are moving my line to a cabinet about a km away, but that is being way too hopeful.

The distance is a factor in your lack of speed, but still you should get much more speeds than this, maybe your problem is internal.

#3243 April 8 2018

stief96

Hi
want to update you about line drop and unusable dsl connection.
ogero's tech was sent to my house and tested the connection using special equipment and showed 13Mbps.His device can't show any packet errors or if line has noise burst.
any way,though i tested linksys x1000 instead of vr900 and gave me same results,i found my old thomson tg585 v7 and tested it.
The surprise was it kept my connection stable with no line drops or PPPOE authentication failed error or check your DNS manually error.
I only used it as modem with disabling DHCP server on it and connected vr900 for wifi with DHCP on.
those are my stats for 31 hours run time:

HfCWTtm.jpg

only if some one could advise me of a  modem with Broadcom chipset,because my old Thomson was developing overheat issues.
or should buy the same model?

@dio if you have an old modem with Broadcom chipset use it and you will see how stable your connection will be.

Last edited by stief96 (April 8 2018)

#3244 April 9 2018

dio

stief96 wrote:

Hi
want to update you about line drop and unusable dsl connection.
ogero's tech was sent to my house and tested the connection using special equipment and showed 13Mbps.His device can't show any packet errors or if line has noise burst.
any way,though i tested linksys x1000 instead of vr900 and gave me same results,i found my old thomson tg585 v7 and tested it.
The surprise was it kept my connection stable with no line drops or PPPOE authentication failed error or check your DNS manually error.
I only used it as modem with disabling DHCP server on it and connected vr900 for wifi with DHCP on.
those are my stats for 31 hours run time:

https://i.imgur.com/HfCWTtm.jpg

only if some one could advise me of a  modem with Broadcom chipset,because my old Thomson was developing overheat issues.
or should buy the same model?

@dio if you have an old modem with Broadcom chipset use it and you will see how stable your connection will be.

Thanks for the update dude. That's quite surprising that it's a modem issue...Perhaps they changed something from their end that is causing this.

The bad news is that my modem is already using Broadcom. It's a TP-Link VR400, which uses a Broadcom chipset. :(

Last edited by dio (April 9 2018)

#3245 April 9 2018

vengeance666

The linksys x1000 is a faulty modem that hangs constantly. It's a factory thing and affects all of the units produced worldwide. Everyone who already has one is advised to replace it with something else and that's coming from linksys tech support.

#3246 April 16 2018

stief96

stief96 wrote:

Hi all
I recently switched from sodetel to ogero (because i was capped at 8-10 Mbps and high ping while gaming online).
Anyway,i got my tp link vr900 programmed and plugged it.
The internet was very fast(getting 14-16 Mbps) for 15 minutes and then issues started.
I tried every thing from connecting the phone line directly into the modem,changing the filter,using old modem (linksys x1000).
the problem i get disconnected every 10 minutes and i need to log into the modem and connect manually.
I called 1515,every time i get different person and answers like
get the brown colored filter
your stats are good
i can´t access your modem
never heard of your modem type
finally they turned Interleaving off  and ping dropped from 120 to 80 but the internet drop or disconnecting remained.

I noticed that i'm getting lot of packets loss 
This high number of packets loss 236113(for 2 hours which make no sense) is not understood by the support,also i'm feeling they didn't programmed my tplink vr900 properly
so any help concerning programing this type of modem would be appreciated.
i started regrading making the switch to ogero.

https://i.imgur.com/hJ7aeW5.jpg

just wanted to share with you the solution for my issue.
finally today came an ogero's tech with his device,he tested my connection from my house and then from the box downstairs.
his machine also showed the crazy packet Errors,so we started turning off every thing downstairs which include elevator and fluorescent lights and a led lights one by one.
amazingly it wasn't the elevator nor the florescent,but it the damn LED bulb.
turning it off stopped the noise burst on my line and i  reused my tplink modem again with no disconnection.
these are my stats for 30 minutes
  eBGa8Dh.jpg

#3247 April 16 2018

dio

stief96 wrote:
stief96 wrote:

Hi all
I recently switched from sodetel to ogero (because i was capped at 8-10 Mbps and high ping while gaming online).
Anyway,i got my tp link vr900 programmed and plugged it.
The internet was very fast(getting 14-16 Mbps) for 15 minutes and then issues started.
I tried every thing from connecting the phone line directly into the modem,changing the filter,using old modem (linksys x1000).
the problem i get disconnected every 10 minutes and i need to log into the modem and connect manually.
I called 1515,every time i get different person and answers like
get the brown colored filter
your stats are good
i can´t access your modem
never heard of your modem type
finally they turned Interleaving off  and ping dropped from 120 to 80 but the internet drop or disconnecting remained.

I noticed that i'm getting lot of packets loss 
This high number of packets loss 236113(for 2 hours which make no sense) is not understood by the support,also i'm feeling they didn't programmed my tplink vr900 properly
so any help concerning programing this type of modem would be appreciated.
i started regrading making the switch to ogero.

https://i.imgur.com/hJ7aeW5.jpg

just wanted to share with you the solution for my issue.
finally today came an ogero's tech with his device,he tested my connection from my house and then from the box downstairs.
his machine also showed the crazy packet Errors,so we started turning off every thing downstairs which include elevator and fluorescent lights and a led lights one by one.
amazingly it wasn't the elevator nor the florescent,but it the damn LED bulb.
turning it off stopped the noise burst on my line and i  reused my tplink modem again with no disconnection.
these are my stats for 30 minutes
  https://i.imgur.com/eBGa8Dh.jpg

Holy shit. Lol. I'll look into that.

#3248 April 16 2018

alifawaz99

My line was screwed before because of a Faulty 12V LED light. My max rate would drop from 20Mbps to 13Mbps just because of a Damned light ! At the first sight, I didn't believe it was the light. But when I turned it on the max rate would drop. As a result I broke the light and threw it in the garbage can ;)

#3249 April 17 2018

xazbrat

Congrats on finding the culprit--going to get an Ogero tech out here and see what they can do.   I do know however, and am almost 100% certain that it is the elevator that is causing my problems, just don't know whether it includes the telephone box downstairs---I can press the elevator button and I get RS uncorrectable errors almost immediately and a few days ago the elevator was broken, and I had something like 30 million RS words, and 17 correctable errors and 0 uncorrectable errors (I was happy despite having to use the stairs for half a day).  At times when there is a lot of use on the elevator, my connection is unusable (7-9am), 1-3pm and 5-6pm. 

Now that I think about it, they did install LED strips/tube lights for the elevator lighting---I wonder if that could be the culprit.  That was installed at the same time as the elevator inverter.  Too much to think about--going to get Ogero here and hopefully they find a cure.

#3250 April 17 2018

semaan

alifawaz99 wrote:

My line was screwed before because of a Faulty 12V LED light. My max rate would drop from 20Mbps to 13Mbps just because of a Damned light ! At the first sight, I didn't believe it was the light. But when I turned it on the max rate would drop. As a result I broke the light and threw it in the garbage can ;)

Hi, i didn't understand, where is the led light, you mean in the same room where the router is ? or in the same room where the phone box is ?

Board footer