LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#3176 March 16 2018

dio

Re: Feedback for Ogero

nuclearcat wrote:

Thats a cost of Ogero growth, they don't have real ips for all and for usual users seems natted ones (172.x) is new reality, i guess they migrate to that all users, after all.
To get real ips for granted you need dedicated plan, which is way more expensive.

Alright, thanks.

#3177 March 16 2018

Almighty

dio wrote:

Hey all,  for some reason I tried reconnecting/rebooting throughout the day like 10 times but for some reason i only connect to a 172.x ip, which has worse pings.

Anyone know a way around this?

I also have the same ip range 172.x. but it is with good pings, 50-60 ms to europe

#3178 March 16 2018

dio

Yeah, i just realized they turned on Interleaving again for some reason. I called and told them to turn it back off

#3179 March 17 2018

Moudimadi

Hello, I'm subscribed to ogero dsl. Ogero told me that they turned the interleaving on. Fast path they said. ping is much higher now. it was 46 ms now it's 100 ms!! what should i do? Thank you.

#3180 March 17 2018

dio

Moudimadi wrote:

Hello, I'm subscribed to ogero dsl. Ogero told me that they turned the interleaving on. Fast path they said. ping is much higher now. it was 46 ms now it's 100 ms!! what should i do? Thank you.

You want interleaving off, not on, if you want better ping.

Interleaving off/Fastpath mode.

Call them back and tell them to turn it off.

#3181 March 17 2018

dio

Can someone explain why this happens? With normal power I've been getting 7-8mb/s but when the generator turns on for the building, I get 14mb/s. Lol

#3182 March 18 2018

Xsever

dio wrote:

Can someone explain why this happens? With normal power I've been getting 7-8mb/s but when the generator turns on for the building, I get 14mb/s. Lol

It's possible that the "normal power" lines are created interference with the phone lines due to them being closed together? whereas the generator lines are further away.

#3183 March 19 2018

Moudimadi

dio wrote:
Moudimadi wrote:

Hello again Dio, i called them, the guy told me that i should wait 24 hours to get the interleaving back off. Is that right? Thank you so much :)

#3184 March 19 2018

dio

Moudimadi wrote:
dio wrote:
Moudimadi wrote:

Hello again Dio, i called them, the guy told me that i should wait 24 hours to get the interleaving back off. Is that right? Thank you so much :)

Depends when they do it, but wait 24 hours just to be safe, restart your router and you should be good to go.

#3185 March 19 2018

Moudimadi

dio wrote:
Moudimadi wrote:
dio wrote:

Depends when they do it, but wait 24 hours just to be safe, restart your router and you should be good to go.

Thanks again Dio, my problem is solved now.

Last edited by Moudimadi (March 19 2018)

#3186 March 25 2018

stief96

Hi all
I recently switched from sodetel to ogero (because i was capped at 8-10 Mbps and high ping while gaming online).
Anyway,i got my tp link vr900 programmed and plugged it.
The internet was very fast(getting 14-16 Mbps) for 15 minutes and then issues started.
I tried every thing from connecting the phone line directly into the modem,changing the filter,using old modem (linksys x1000).
the problem i get disconnected every 10 minutes and i need to log into the modem and connect manually.
I called 1515,every time i get different person and answers like
get the brown colored filter
your stats are good
i can´t access your modem
never heard of your modem type
finally they turned Interleaving off  and ping dropped from 120 to 80 but the internet drop or disconnecting remained.

I noticed that i'm getting lot of packets loss 
This high number of packets loss 236113(for 2 hours which make no sense) is not understood by the support,also i'm feeling they didn't programmed my tplink vr900 properly
so any help concerning programing this type of modem would be appreciated.
i started regrading making the switch to ogero.

hJ7aeW5.jpg

#3187 March 25 2018

dio

I'm having the same issue. It's been like this for a month almost. I've done everything from running the router on UPS power only (to check for interference) to changing the DSL type from AUTO-SYNC to ADLS2. The issue for me is the connection dropping and it's communicating with cabinet. Lots of errors as well.

I have the same router as you. The only thing I haven't tried is changing the entire phone line which might be the issue.

Last edited by dio (March 25 2018)

#3188 March 25 2018

stief96

dio wrote:

I'm having the same issue. It's been like this for a month almost. I've done everything from running the router on UPS power only (to check for interference) to changing the DSL type from AUTO-SYNC to ADLS2. The issue for me is the connection dropping and it's communicating with cabinet. Lots of errors as well.

I have the same router as you. The only thing I haven't tried is changing the entire phone line which might be the issue.

well i have done it yesterday,replaced old cable (cat5) to cat6.

it was really stupid from me to suspect that old cable was faulty .

#3189 March 25 2018

dio

Where do you live?

#3190 March 25 2018

stief96

dio wrote:

Where do you live?

i live in Beirut,Aisha Bakar
connected to Ras Beirut Central,Sakiet el janzier.

#3191 March 25 2018

dio

stief96 wrote:
dio wrote:

Where do you live?

I'm in Hamra, connected to the same one.

For me, the engineer came over and tested the line down stairs and was getting 15mb/s clean. I need to change the phone line to determine if the issue is from the me or them. It also might be an issue with TPLINK since we have the same router.

#3192 March 25 2018

stief96

dio wrote:
stief96 wrote:
dio wrote:

Where do you live?

I'm in Hamra, connected to the same one.

For me, the engineer came over and tested the line down stairs and was getting 15mb/s clean. I need to change the phone line to determine if the issue is from the me or them. It also might be an issue with TPLINK since we have the same router.

i don't advice you to change your cable,since i have done it and got same results.

i don't think it is a router issue because i used it with my sodetel subscription for the past 8 months and i had packets loss (verylow and not high like now).the switch i made was on 5th of this month.
Also i used my old linksys x1000 with same results.(although it doesn't show packet loss but you can tell from random disconnecting).

still convened some thing is wrong with dsl settings.

hope some one connected to Ras Beirut central can confirm if having the same issues.

#3193 March 25 2018

dio

Wait, you changed ur phone line from the box downstairs to ur apartment and it still didn't change?

#3194 March 25 2018

stief96

dio wrote:

Wait, you changed ur phone line from the box downstairs to ur apartment and it still didn't change?

yes

sames thing,nothing changed

#3195 March 25 2018

dio

I'm starting to think it's electrical interference. Because for me all of a sudden, if there is power, I get 8mb/s. When the power cuts and the building generator turns on, I get 14mb/s.

Let me know if you solve your issue....I'll do the same.

#3196 March 25 2018

stief96

dio wrote:

I'm starting to think it's electrical interference. Because for me all of a sudden, if there is power, I get 8mb/s. When the power cuts and the building generator turns on, I get 14mb/s.

Let me know if you solve your issue....I'll do the same.

electrical interference nothing can be done for it,since the box downstairs is affected by it.i double checked that when Electricity is on and off by plugging the modem directly into the box downstairs.
when electricity is on max rate my line can handle 15 Mbps and when off 18-20 Mbps.

i will go to Mina al hoson and show them the packets loss,other wise i'll switch back to Sodetel.

i will inform you if issue got solved

#3197 March 25 2018

Aly

@stief96 did you test a different modem ? I know your modem is great and probably VDSL capable, but if you have a spare old modem laying around, no harm testing it.

#3198 March 25 2018

stief96

Aly wrote:

@stief96 did you test a different modem ? I know your modem is great and probably VDSL capable, but if you have a spare old modem laying around, no harm testing it.

i tested my old modem Linksys x1000 for 2 days,same result

#3199 March 25 2018

trent

stief96, it's obvious you have noise affecting your line, and it won't be remedied by switching from CAT5 to CAT6 if there's such a large difference between power on and out when plugged into the phone box "downstairs". The reason your connection was more stable with Sodetel is because they were capping you at a lower speed. This gave you a larger SNR margin that protected your connection from sudden bursts of noise.

I'm not familiar with the VR900, but check the setting menus if there are any setting related to the DSL connection stability and google them. Asus firmware offer several settings related to stability. Some might require ISP support but others are done on your end. For reference these are the Asus settings https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1015709/ if you have something similar to "Stability Adjustment" try playing around with that.

Last edited by trent (March 25 2018)

#3200 March 25 2018

GeorgesHanna

I can confirm the problem is with tplink modems they are syncing at higher speeds but causing too much crc due to noise burst.
I tried everthing from changing filters to changing all wiring to cat 6 and changing the line from ogero box same result.Also I installed a central filter it might improve your stats and lower you attenuation.

Board footer