LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#3151 February 23 2018

xazbrat

Re: Feedback for Ogero

Ahmad Toutounji wrote:
xazbrat wrote:

So quick question guys, my wonderful [sarcasm] technicolor modem has been randomly restarting (also doesn't hold the signal, frequent disconnects, wireless range is bad and a few other things)--so does this mean I should be looking for a new modem or are there some other factors that could be contributing to the problem?  I called Ogero a few days ago and they kept asking me how old the modem was so I am suspecting something.

My Technicolor started doing these things after 3 years of usage,  i changed to tplink never regretted it

Ok thanks--my modem is also about 3 years old too.  I will look around and pick one up next week.  I have already extracted my username and password, so hopefully installation will be a breeze.

#3152 March 1 2018

dio

Just got home, internet is acting funny, first time it does it for me.

The net keeps disconnecting every 30 seconds or so. I'm running a ping command -t and every like 5-6 lines it says Request timed out. I restart the router, it works for 1 min, then starts d/cing reconnecting over and over.

Anyone else have this issue? Im currently in hamra.

#3153 March 1 2018

infiniteloop

Internet is very slow since yesterday

#3154 March 1 2018

dio

Slow isn't the issue. the disconnects are the issue.

#3155 March 1 2018

infiniteloop

Looks like the DNS that has a problem, Lebanese website like lebgeeks are fine but any foreign website takes ages to open

#3156 March 1 2018

nuclearcat

lebgeeks is lebanese just in matter of visitors and owner, it doesn't have anything else lebanese :)

#3157 March 1 2018

trent

Hamra C/O here. No problems. 8 days uptime since last manual restart.

Physical link status
DSL Status
Up
DSL Enabled
DSL Uptime
8days 11hours 52min 37sec
DSL Type
ADSL_2plus
DSL Mode
Interleaved
Maximum Line rate
1.29 Mbps  20.8 Mbps
Line Rate
1.02 Mbps  20.09 Mbps
Data Transferred
1042.26 MBytes  185.43 MBytes
Output Power
12.3 dBm  18.2 dBm
Line Attenuation
4.4 dB  12.5 dB
Noise Margin
17.9 dB  8.5 dB

7102178788.png

Last edited by trent (March 1 2018)

#3158 March 1 2018

Johnaudi

infiniteloop wrote:

Looks like the DNS that has a problem, Lebanese website like lebgeeks are fine but any foreign website takes ages to open

It’s mainly due to cache and the fact that the webpage is a quarter in size of what regular webpages are.

#3159 March 1 2018

dio

trent wrote:

Hamra C/O here. No problems. 8 days uptime since last manual restart.

Physical link status
DSL Status
Up
DSL Enabled
DSL Uptime
8days 11hours 52min 37sec
DSL Type
ADSL_2plus
DSL Mode
Interleaved
Maximum Line rate
1.29 Mbps  20.8 Mbps
Line Rate
1.02 Mbps  20.09 Mbps
Data Transferred
1042.26 MBytes  185.43 MBytes
Output Power
12.3 dBm  18.2 dBm
Line Attenuation
4.4 dB  12.5 dB
Noise Margin
17.9 dB  8.5 dB

http://www.speedtest.net/result/7102178788.png

Strange. This is what I keep getting. Anyone have any idea why this might be happening?

Attached

#3160 March 1 2018

trent

dio wrote:

Strange. This is what I keep getting. Anyone have any idea why this might be happening?

Attached

No such issue here pinging same ip. Must be between you and c/o if we're both on same c/o.
Are you on VDSL?

--- 146.66.152.2 ping statistics ---
100 packets transmitted, 100 received, 0% packet loss, time 99186ms
rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 86.179/91.158/138.603/5.393 ms

Last edited by trent (March 1 2018)

#3161 March 1 2018

DNA

@dio you clearly have an issue with either the wifi adapter in your pc or the ethernet port check your hardware

#3162 March 1 2018

dio

DNA wrote:

@dio you clearly have an issue with either the wifi adapter in your pc or the ethernet port check your hardware

It's not my hardware.

I have a brand new router that's been fine for the past few months, I have 2 desktops wired to the router, i even have the old Ogero router and it was doing the same thing as the new router.

trent wrote:

No such issue here pinging same ip. Must be between you and c/o if we're both on same c/o.
Are you on VDSL?

I'm not on VDSL. The brief moment where the internet DOES work, I ran a speedtest, I had 8ms with 12mb/s which is what I usually get. Just times out after that.

Every time I restart, it works for a bit, then just stops.

Update: I just played 15 min of CS:GO and it didn't drop, with a 1-2% of packet loss. I guess something is going on from their end.

Update 2: Nope. still dropping.

Update 3: Ok I figured it out, maybe someone can explain to me where the error is coming from, them or me.

I went to my Router settings (TP-Link VR400) and changed the DSL Modulation Type from Auto (ADSL2+) to ADSL2 and the drops stopped. The problem with that is im capped at 8 mb/s whereas Auto gives me 13+mb/s.

Does anyone know why my internet works through ADSL2 and not ADSL2+ all of a sudden? Is it from their end or mine?

Last edited by dio (March 1 2018)

#3163 March 1 2018

vengeance666

EDIT: Nevermind

Last edited by vengeance666 (March 1 2018)

#3164 March 1 2018

DNA

when the ping command returns general failure that means there is a fault in you local connectivity not ogero.. request time out or high ping you may blame the ISP once again check your hadware/software

with respect to update 3 adsl is limited and not capped to 8M so that provides extra SNR which makes your line much more stable than adsl2+ which allocates higher frequency more noise susceptible channels

Last edited by DNA (March 1 2018)

#3165 March 2 2018

trent

dio wrote:

The brief moment where the internet DOES work, I ran a speedtest, I had 8ms with 12mb/s which is what I usually get.
I went to my Router settings (TP-Link VR400) and changed the DSL Modulation Type from Auto (ADSL2+) to ADSL2 and the drops stopped. The problem with that is im capped at 8 mb/s whereas Auto gives me 13+mb/s.

Do you have interleaving off? An 8ms ping on speedtest suggests that. This will make your connection less stable in case of noise on the line. And as DNA mentioned, your connection is more stable on ADSL2 vs 2+ because it's less susceptible to noise. 2+ uses higher frequency bands on the POTS copper wire, which tend to have lower SNR values.
It seems you're having some new noise bursts problems.

#3166 March 2 2018

dio

trent wrote:
dio wrote:

The brief moment where the internet DOES work, I ran a speedtest, I had 8ms with 12mb/s which is what I usually get.

Do you have interleaving off? An 8ms ping on speedtest suggests that. This will make your connection less stable in case of noise on the line. And as DNA mentioned, your connection is more stable on ADSL2 vs 2+ because it's less susceptible to noise. 2+ uses higher frequency bands on the POTS copper wire, which tend to have lower SNR values.
It seems you're having some new noise bursts problems.

Ok cool. But my connection has been stable for the past few months on ADSL2+ with interleaving off. All of a sudden it's not? What would cause sudden noise on the phone line?

Update: I monitored the SNR today when the line dropped, it went down to -8.1 lol wtf

Last edited by dio (March 2 2018)

#3167 March 9 2018

wissam

Hi
How can i change bit rate of technicolor tg582n i want to go back to 2Mb/s
Thx in advance

#3168 March 10 2018

nefe_lpmk

Call Ogero

#3169 March 11 2018

wissam

I don't want to stay at 2Mb/s all the month i mean if there is anyway to configure the technicolor tg582n from 4Mb/s to 2Mb/s and in reverse from 2Mb/s to 4Mb/s

#3170 March 11 2018

vengeance666

It is possible on some advanced modems with tweaking the snr values. I don't think it's possible on yours.

#3171 March 11 2018

wollyka

wissam wrote:

I don't want to stay at 2Mb/s all the month i mean if there is anyway to configure the technicolor tg582n from 4Mb/s to 2Mb/s and in reverse from 2Mb/s to 4Mb/s

you can tweak the SNR values using telnet and some commands.

you can try Routerstats too
http://www.vwlowen.co.uk/internet/files.htm

I managed to change mine but changing the SNR values didn't change my speed. IDM was locking the speed or the modem was showing me that the stats have changed when in reality they didn't. No way to know for sure. Try it and see

Last edited by wollyka (March 11 2018)

#3172 March 15 2018

wissam

wollyka wrote:

you can tweak the SNR values using telnet and some commands.

I managed to change mine but changing the SNR values didn't change my speed. IDM was locking the speed or the modem was showing me that the stats have changed when in reality they didn't. No way to know for sure. Try it and see

Please can u give these commands

#3173 March 16 2018

Adnan

wissam wrote:

Please can u give these commands

I have made a topic on it here: https://lebgeeks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=17925

Hope it helps.

#3174 March 16 2018

dio

Hey all,  for some reason I tried reconnecting/rebooting throughout the day like 10 times but for some reason i only connect to a 172.x ip, which has worse pings.

Anyone know a way around this?

#3175 March 16 2018

nuclearcat

Thats a cost of Ogero growth, they don't have real ips for all and for usual users seems natted ones (172.x) is new reality, i guess they migrate to that all users, after all.
To get real ips for granted you need dedicated plan, which is way more expensive.

Board footer