LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#3076 February 2 2018

Ahmad Toutounji

Re: Feedback for Ogero

I don't know if the cable is fixed or no but I remember a twitter saying it needs a month like a week ago, but games are unplayable lots of packet losses high ping 130ms to eu, and low speed (1.5 to 2mb )

#3077 February 2 2018

dio

The only thing being affected for keeping is the ping, not the speed.

#3078 February 2 2018

infiniteloop

Is it me or the internet in Beirut is very slow now?

#3079 February 2 2018

Aly

infiniteloop wrote:

Is it me or the internet in Beirut is very slow now?

Yes, it is very bad for me right now on Ogero DSL, even switched to my Alfa 4G and it ain’t better...

#3080 February 2 2018

trent

Speed test to local servers is great, to Europe abysmal! :(

eEZuZ6z.png

#3081 February 2 2018

dio

Ping is good, dl speed is shit.

#3082 February 2 2018

Ahmad Toutounji

I can't even login to steam

#3083 February 2 2018

dio

I restarted my router, YouTube is streaming in HD and my ping is like 70ms. Dunno what's going on with em.

#3084 February 2 2018

random-username

Tonnes of packet loss, it is intermittent. Nothing to do with my SNR (min of 12 on both UP and Downstream and zero CRC)

#3085 February 2 2018

ManOwaRR

lost 3mb on dl  tonight

#3086 February 3 2018

vengeance666

Internet is complete crap. Speed is slow and packet loss is unbearable. My line dropped from high packet loss like 6 times in the past 2 hours. At the cybercafe near my house is unplayable too. I don't get it, if you can't handle an upgrade for the internet speed just don't do do it in the first place! Nowadays it's only problem after problem after problem, it was slow but stable at least in the past.

#3087 February 3 2018

AVOlio

Everything fine here on VDSL

#3088 February 3 2018

trent

Everything is back to normal this morning. I don't think it's related to DSL vs VDSL or anything local. 3G was pretty bad last night too. Speedtest to Marseilles server is back to 16mbps on DSL now.
l3MNR34.png

#3089 February 3 2018

alifawaz99

But guys facebook is slow since last night!w

#3090 February 3 2018

trent

Imad Kreidieh  @ikreidieh  14h14 hours ago

Hello All, repairs are due to be completed on the 5th. Bare with us please. Its beyond Ogero’s control

#3091 February 3 2018

dio

Thanks for the update.

#3092 February 3 2018

Ahmad Toutounji

trent wrote:

Hello All, repairs are due to be completed on the 5th. Bare with us please. Its beyond Ogero’s control

Good to know because the connection is getting slower and slower everyday, right now it's barely 0.05 mbps speed to facebook

#3093 February 3 2018

xazbrat

Ahmad Toutounji wrote:
trent wrote:

Good to know because the connection is getting slower and slower everyday, right now it's barely 0.05 mbps speed to facebook

My connection is supposedly 2mbps, but sometimes it is 10% that and also last couple of days, frequent disconnections too.  Hopefully the repairs will lead to some stability going forward.

#3094 February 3 2018

kfc

Imad Kreidieh
@ikreidieh
Follow Follow @ikreidieh
More
A quick update on the repairs of the marine cable between Cyprus and Alexandria: repairs are reaching their final stages. Branching is causing some disturbances affecting the quality of service. Repairs expected to end tomorrow end of day. Will keep you posted. Apologies to all.

#3095 February 3 2018

Ahmad Toutounji

Mr Imad 20minutes ago :
Ogero team is working on solutions to ease the congestion. I am in constant contact with the NOC and i will keep you updated.

#3096 February 3 2018

alifawaz99

I hope it gets done fast. The connection to facebook and instagram servers in addition to gaming ones is screwed up badly ( especially right now )

#3097 February 3 2018

Tech Guru

Very Bad , I switched to a local cable guy as a quick alternative ( not the best solution though and I am comnsuming a lot of MBs on my 4G Plan- I hate cable business) but .. until things get better. A majority of my life tasks depending on a
stable internet speeds. Hope they will fix it max until Monday after noon.

What happened exactly ?

#3098 February 4 2018

vengeance666

Right now nothing describe how crap the internet is.

EDIT: Setting the modem manually to sync as ADSL2 annex A instead of auto syncing partially fixed it, at least usable now.

Last edited by vengeance666 (February 4 2018)

#3099 February 4 2018

Aly

Tech Guru wrote:

Very Bad , I switched to a local cable guy as a quick alternative ( not the best solution though and I am comnsuming a lot of MBs on my 4G Plan- I hate cable business) but .. until things get better. A majority of my life tasks depending on a
stable internet speeds. Hope they will fix it max until Monday after noon.

What happened exactly ?

Submarine fiber cable was cut, it had a big impact all over the country.

#3100 February 4 2018

Xsever

Posted yesterday Saturday by Imad Kreidieh:

مساء الخير. ان عملية اصلاح الكابل البحري بين قبرص و الاسكندرية دخلت مراحلها الاخيرة. من المتوقع ان تنتهي عمليات الاصلاح غدا الاحد. هيئة اوجيرو تتقدم بالاعتذار من جميع المواطنين عن تدني مستوى الخدمة خلال الاسبوع المنصرم والخارج عن ارادتها.

Board footer