LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#2526 April 17 2017

amkahal

Re: Feedback for Ogero

partam wrote:

Are you serious?
Can we put the L number on another line?
And can we do that on different isps?

you can't open the same account twice at same time, be sure.

#2527 April 17 2017

amkahal

Ahmad Toutounji wrote:
amkahal wrote:

look what Ogero replied on requesting pppoe user\pass:

OGERO wrote:

"We are sorry , but   due to your subscription is Unlimited so we cannot provide you the information required.
Sorry and thanks for understanding"

frustrating, i don't know what the difference between unlimited and capped when it comes to pppoe account info.

my best bet In this situation is to wait for new offers and don't take unlimited then you can take the pppoe credentials , or if you want it real fast you can use a tp link modem or use old Thomson router and retrieve it from them

can't use TP-Link modem before extracting pppoe user\pass from my current modem.

just a question, any pattern for pppoe passwords guys? from password asterisks inside my modem, it might be 8 characters.

#2528 April 17 2017

Ahmad Toutounji

amkahal wrote:
Ahmad Toutounji wrote:
amkahal wrote:

frustrating, i don't know what the difference between unlimited and capped when it comes to pppoe account info.

my best bet In this situation is to wait for new offers and don't take unlimited then you can take the pppoe credentials , or if you want it real fast you can use a tp link modem or use old Thomson router and retrieve it from them

can't use TP-Link modem before extracting pppoe user\pass from my current modem.

just a question, any pattern for pppoe passwords guys? from password asterisks inside my modem, it might be 8 characters.

yes it's 32 characters it contains upper case and lower case letters and numbers

#2529 April 17 2017

xazbrat

amkahal wrote:

OGERO wrote:

"We are sorry , but   due to your subscription is Unlimited so we cannot provide you the information required.
Sorry and thanks for understanding"

That is pretty screwed up---I am sure that their system can detect if there is another with the same credentials on the network.  I would suggest trying again and see if you get someone else to answer your question or send a tweet towards the CEO's way and see what he says.

#2530 April 17 2017

Khalil7

partam wrote:

Are you serious?
Can we put the L number on another line?
And can we do that on different isps?

yes it's possible, and there is an easy hack tool that extract all the credentials of the users on ur isp from there router wherever they live in lebanon, and u can use them at the same time "i tested it on my isp"

Last edited by Khalil7 (April 17 2017)

#2531 April 17 2017

user

Could a username and password work simultanously in 2 places? Has anyone tried?

#2532 April 17 2017

Khalil7

user wrote:

Could a username and password work simultanously in 2 places? Has anyone tried?

Yes

#2533 April 17 2017

AVOlio

I very much doubt it.
I mean ogero might have been unprofessional during a very long time, but this much? I don't think so,  I think they surely counter measured this, in some way that you can't use ur username in 2 places at all,  add to that simultaneously.
Surely every username/ every Lumber works only with its relevant landline phone number.

#2534 April 17 2017

user

AVOlio wrote:

I very much doubt it.
I mean ogero might have been unprofessional during a very long time, but this much? I don't think so,  I think they surely counter measured this, in some way that you can't use ur username in 2 places at all,  add to that simultaneously.
Surely every username/ every Lumber works only with its relevant landline phone number.

If ALL of that is true, why would they be so reluctant to give the passwords of unlimited connections? Maybe it wouldn't work simultaneously, but perhaps it is opened for exploit somewhere.

#2535 April 17 2017

Cpt.Majed

AVOlio wrote:

I very much doubt it.

I thought it was a well known thing , as far as I know you can use same L number on different landlines in different regions .

You can use it at the same time but the bandwidth will be double so it's not a smart move... Unless you have unlimited then yeh

#2536 April 17 2017

dav

Cpt.Majed wrote:
AVOlio wrote:

I very much doubt it.

I thought it was a well known thing , as far as I know you can use same L number on different landlines in different regions .

You can use it at the same time but the bandwidth will be double so it's not a smart move... Unless you have unlimited then yeh

however you are going to pay for 2 dsl connections (in the 2 different places) then it doesn't matter which credentials you use........it's all payed...

#2537 April 17 2017

Khalil7

I think they must have the same gateway to the isp or some thing like that..I use an ip scan tool that scans for routers,servers,dvr, etc in the specified ip range and extracts the user:password from the router in few secounds

#2538 April 17 2017

nuclearcat

It might be simpler thing, you buy 8M+ line and 2Munlimited, swap usernames between them, you got unlimited, if lucky - 8M+.

Last edited by nuclearcat (April 17 2017)

#2539 April 17 2017

Cpt.Majed

nuclearcat wrote:

It might be simpler thing, you buy 8M+ line and 2Munlimited, swap usernames between them, you got unlimited, if lucky - 8M+.

It doesn't work that way .. it's related to the account and not the line

#2540 April 17 2017

user

What I was thinking (and this is very practical) if you have a summer home and a winter home, during the winter, you can swap usernames and passwords to consume the 40 GB you have at your summer home(for the measly price of 25 000 LL) instead of stopping the service temporarily...
I would have gone that route except not even 80 GB is enough per month for me anymore... each steam game is now 80GB.

#2541 April 17 2017

Ahmad Toutounji

user wrote:

What I was thinking (and this is very practical) if you have a summer home and a winter home, during the winter, you can swap usernames and passwords to consume the 40 GB you have at your summer home(for the measly price of 25 000 LL) instead of stopping the service temporarily...
I would have gone that route except not even 80 GB is enough per month for me anymore... each steam game is now 80GB.

But if 2 phone lines were using same acc simultaneously then speed will be shared or dedicated?

Last edited by Ahmad Toutounji (April 17 2017)

#2542 April 17 2017

Cpt.Majed

Ahmad Toutounji wrote:
user wrote:

But if 2 phone lines were using same acc simultaneously then speed will be shared or dedicated?

Dedicated but again it's not worth it since you won't gain much except if you do what user mentioned.

#2543 April 17 2017

Khalil7

Ahmad Toutounji wrote:
user wrote:

Dedicated, i'm subiscribed with cyberia "2mb/40Gb" if i changed my account to "4mb 2mb or 1mb unlimited" accounts the speed remains 2mb but the quota is no longer calculated on ur acc.

#2544 April 17 2017

Ahmad Toutounji

Khalil7 wrote:
Ahmad Toutounji wrote:
user wrote:

Dedicated, i'm subiscribed with cyberia "2mb/40Gb" if i changed my account to "4mb 2mb or 1mb unlimited" accounts the speed remains 2mb but the quota is no longer calculated on ur acc.

so let's say my neighbor can use my 2mb unlimited whenever he wants on his phone line and I can use mine on my phone line the speed will be dedicated and he won't affect my speed at all? and the usage will be on my account right?

#2545 April 17 2017

roudy5

Ahmad Toutounji wrote:

so let's say my neighbor can use my 2mb unlimited whenever he wants on his phone line and I can use mine on my phone line the speed will be dedicated and he won't affect my speed at all? and the usage will be on my account right?

Yes, your account will be charged and if you don't have unlimited you would pay for all the GBs you and your neighbor have used.

#2546 April 17 2017

Ahmad Toutounji

roudy5 wrote:
Ahmad Toutounji wrote:

Yes, your account will be charged and if you don't have unlimited you would pay for all the GBs you and your neighbor have used.

can 1 phone line give 2 modems?

#2547 April 17 2017

roudy5

Ahmad Toutounji wrote:
roudy5 wrote:
Ahmad Toutounji wrote:

I'm not sure about this one, i only know that 1 account can be used on 2 lines, vice versa though not sure.. but i don't think so.. a phone line can synchronize to only 1 subscription as far as i know.

#2548 April 17 2017

Ahmad Toutounji

roudy5 wrote:
Ahmad Toutounji wrote:
roudy5 wrote:

I'm not sure about this one, i only know that 1 account can be used on 2 lines, vice versa though not sure.. but i don't think so.. a phone line can synchronize to only 1 subscription as far as i know.

ok thanks for the reply

#2549 April 17 2017

H.S

Ahmad Toutounji wrote:

I tried this before, from my experience, you can't. The already synced modem lost connection and both modems failed to sync.

#2550 April 17 2017

dav

nuclearcat wrote:

yes this works but you must have 2 different landline subscriptions... two different numbers

Board footer