LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#2501 April 15 2017

doudi

Re: Feedback for Ogero

Ahmad Toutounji wrote:

did you put the vpi to 0 and vci to 35?

Do i choose the dynamic IP Adress?

#2502 April 15 2017

Ahmad Toutounji

yes

#2503 April 15 2017

doudi

Ahmad Toutounji wrote:

yes

Thank you for the replies but unfortumately it didnt work so i called ogero and they said i can pass by tomorrow and they can fix it

#2504 April 15 2017

Adnan

doudi wrote:
Ahmad Toutounji wrote:

You choose PPPoE. Do you have your PPPoE username and password ?

#2505 April 15 2017

Ahmad Toutounji

Adnan wrote:
doudi wrote:
Ahmad Toutounji wrote:

You choose PPPoE. Do you have your PPPoE username and password ?

Sorry i thought he already chose pppoe he need to choose get a dynamic ip address after it

Last edited by Ahmad Toutounji (April 15 2017)

#2506 April 16 2017

amkahal

Dears, anybody is facing browsing issues on ogero? ping is perfect and without any packet loss, but browsing is horrible.

#2507 April 16 2017

Ahmad Toutounji

no all is good here

#2508 April 16 2017

Georges00

Ahmad Toutounji wrote:

I have VPI 1 and VCI 32 working for me

#2509 April 16 2017

amkahal

Dears, has anybody tried to ask for PPPOE user and pass, and successfully got it from OGERO 1516 ?

#2510 April 16 2017

AVOlio

amkahal wrote:

Dears, has anybody tried to ask for PPPOE user and pass, and successfully got it from OGERO 1516 ?

They gave me my router admin account and pass, but they refused to give me the pppoe.

#2511 April 16 2017

Ahmad Toutounji

A friend of mine got his ppoe stuff from this email Chebaro@ogero.gov.lb but it was 4 months ago don't know if he still does that, try the email and tell us what he did

Last edited by Ahmad Toutounji (April 16 2017)

#2512 April 16 2017

user

Maybe try the new ogero support email? thepeople@ogero.gov.lb Imad Kreidieh kept mentioning it in his interview as a magical solution to every problem.
I am interested in any update on this as I want to buy a new ogero subscription without a router, and without needing to bother to wake up early and send my router to their support...

Last edited by user (April 16 2017)

#2513 April 16 2017

Ahmad Toutounji

user wrote:

Maybe try the new ogero support email? thepeople@ogero.gov.lb Imad Kreidieh kept mentioning it in his interview as a magical solution to every problem.
I am interested in any update on this as I want to buy a new ogero subscription without a router, and without needing to bother to wake up early and send my router to their support...

same here I will move to a new house in less than a week and I don't want to buy a router from them as I already have one, I just need the pppoe credentials

#2514 April 16 2017

amkahal

i tweeted to OgeroTelecom regarding the issue, and they redirected me to "thepeople@ogero.gov.lb", email sent, waiting for the reply.
i'll keep you updated guys.

Last edited by amkahal (April 16 2017)

#2515 April 16 2017

Georges00

I have a TP-Link router.
I just went to the router settings, navigated to where the PPoE password is then "View Source"
The password wasn't encrypted or anything.

#2516 April 16 2017

Ahmad Toutounji

ok I found a way to get the password(I did it on my tplink router) , go to chrome highlight the password, right click --> inspect, they will highlight you this on another tab: <input type="Password" name="wan_PPPPassword" size="32" maxlength="64" value=""> just replace the Password with text and the password will stop being encrypted I hope this helps you

#2517 April 16 2017

Ahmad Toutounji

Ahmad Toutounji wrote:

ok I found a way to get the password(I did it on my tplink router) , go to chrome highlight the password, right click --> inspect, they will highlight you this on another tab: <input type="Password" name="wan_PPPPassword" size="32" maxlength="64" value=""> just replace the Password with text and the password will stop being encrypted I hope this helps you

I know this won't help us "who are moving" but it may help others

#2518 April 16 2017

amkahal

Ahmad Toutounji wrote:
Ahmad Toutounji wrote:

Technicolor tg582n v2 firmware is well made, and you can't get password in such way.

#2519 April 16 2017

Ahmad Toutounji

amkahal wrote:
Ahmad Toutounji wrote:
Ahmad Toutounji wrote:

Technicolor tg582n v2 firmware is well made, and you can't get password in such way.

same thing happens on my wifi Thomson modem but I use this tool made from one of the members here so either way I get my password

#2520 April 16 2017

amkahal

Ahmad Toutounji wrote:
amkahal wrote:
Ahmad Toutounji wrote:

same thing happens on my wifi Thomson modem but I use this tool made from one of the members here so either way I get my password

it works with old technicolor modems but not with the new one (TG582n v2).

#2521 April 17 2017

amkahal

look what Ogero replied on requesting pppoe user\pass:

OGERO wrote:

"We are sorry , but   due to your subscription is Unlimited so we cannot provide you the information required.
Sorry and thanks for understanding"

frustrating, i don't know what the difference between unlimited and capped when it comes to pppoe account info.

Last edited by amkahal (April 17 2017)

#2522 April 17 2017

Cpt.Majed

amkahal wrote:

OGERO wrote:

"We are sorry , but   due to your subscription is Unlimited so we cannot provide you the information required.

frustrating, i don't know what the difference between unlimited and capped when it comes to pppoe account info.

it makes sense because with unlimited you can put your pppoe account in a different router on a different landline without worrying about the quota, paying the same. You can easily abuse it so it's understandable.

#2523 April 17 2017

Ahmad Toutounji

Cpt.Majed wrote:
amkahal wrote:

OGERO wrote:

it makes sense because with unlimited you can put your pppoe account in a different router on a different landline without worrying about the quota, paying the same. You can easily abuse it so it's understandable.

we can put the account on another landline and my landline and it can work in parallel? And if they are being used at the same time the speed will still be delivered normally or it's shared between these 2 lines

Last edited by Ahmad Toutounji (April 17 2017)

#2524 April 17 2017

Ahmad Toutounji

amkahal wrote:

OGERO wrote:

my best bet In this situation is to wait for new offers and don't take unlimited then you can take the pppoe credentials , or if you want it real fast you can use a tp link modem or use old Thomson router and retrieve it from them

#2525 April 17 2017

partam

Are you serious?
Can we put the L number on another line?
And can we do that on different isps?

Board footer