LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#201 April 11 2012

yasamoka

Re: Battlefield - Game Thread

geekevo wrote:

May i ask how much is your ping?and do you lag at that ping? at 64 players?

My latency is around 100ms best (in-game, server listing pings are useless. USA servers have 100ms ping  try to join them and you'll get upwards of 200ms, if not 300ms). This is to UK, for example. Last time I tried, latency to Germany was 370ms. My guess is that it's using satellite. 64 player games do not lag since the latency is the same regardless. You may think that 64 player maps are really intensive. They are not intensive on internet bandwidth, no, they are intensive on CPU. Those games are where a good CPU makes a difference. Unlike singleplayer benchmarks of Battlefield 3 that show that going beyond dual core does not make a difference. In multiplayer, yes it DOES make a difference. At least if not quad core, a fast dual core should.

And please avoid nested replies. If there is no need to quote the whole paragraph, then refrain from doing so. It's to keep replies neater and easier to read. I learned that after multiple times. Thanks in advance

#202 April 14 2012

AVOlio

Guys, i just recently found out about all these "assignments" in BF3 to unlock new weapons.
I never actually saw or paid attention to it in "My soldier" menu,
So i went there in my menu, but it seems that i cant get in the "assignments" tab, its not clickable/enterable.

Can anyone tell me why (PS3 players that is)

I so want to unlock the L96 !  I surely got more of a couple of hundred head shots with sniper rifles and alot of dog tags taken !

#203 April 14 2012

kiwithefruit

I think the assignments are for the Back to Karkand expansion pack, but I'm not sure

#204 April 14 2012

AVOlio

Yea,  i thought so too cause all the videos that i saw on youtube were with Karkand pack !

But that sucks,
what, if we dont have the expansion pack, we're not allowed to unlock weapons like L96 and Famas.. ?! Pfff

Well anyway, can anyone confirm this ?! That its only with the owners of the expansion pack

Last edited by AVOlio (April 14 2012)

#205 April 14 2012

kiwithefruit

Yeah, it's just for B2K, here's the link that shows the expansion pack's exclusive features:
http://bf3blog.com/battlefield-3-back-to-karkand/

#206 April 14 2012

geekevo

yasamoka wrote:
geekevo wrote:

May i ask how much is your ping?and do you lag at that ping? at 64 players?

My latency is around 100ms best (in-game, server listing pings are useless. USA servers have 100ms ping  try to join them and you'll get upwards of 200ms, if not 300ms).

But you did not answer my question, do you experience any lag at 100ms? 150ms? and is the lag game breaking if any is present at all? does it render the game unplayable? and thanks for the note about quoting.

#207 April 14 2012

yasamoka

@geekevo: 100ms should be very tolerable. So not much lag, no.

No game breaking lag, at least that's what I perceive.

400ms is game-breaking lag, though, if you connect via satellite. You need to be on the fiber connection. (I ran into same trouble with latency a while ago, 370ms, then after I refilled my account and had to restart my modem, all was fine, 100-115ms latency to Europe.

Last edited by yasamoka (April 14 2012)

#208 April 14 2012

geekevo

yasamoka wrote:

@geekevo: 100ms should be very tolerable. So not much lag, no.

No game breaking lag, at least that's what I perceive.

400ms is game-breaking lag, though, if you connect via satellite. You need to be on the fiber connection. (I ran into same trouble with latency a while ago, 370ms, then after I refilled my account and had to restart my modem, all was fine, 100-115ms latency to Europe.

My ping is always in the region of 100 and 120 so i am getting this game hopefully after i get my new videocard.

#209 April 17 2012

AVOlio

Guys, i have a question about Battlefield 3 weapons,
So sometimes i get face to face against some quite high ranked players,
And before even i get a chance to shoot (aside from the ping problem) i find myself dead by just one shot,

And that is my question, when i get killed, it doesnt show me which weapon it was with on the kill cam,nor it shows the name of the weapon,
And on the killing scoreboard, it just says, for example  " XXXXX killed Supremegamer10"

So what weapon is that guys ??!

Last edited by AVOlio (April 17 2012)

#210 April 18 2012

MegaCool

AVOlio wrote:

Guys, i have a question about Battlefield 3 weapons,
So sometimes i get face to face against some quite high ranked players,
And before even i get a chance to shoot (aside from the ping problem) i find myself dead by just one shot,

And that is my question, when i get killed, it doesnt show me which weapon it was with on the kill cam,nor it shows the name of the weapon,
And on the killing scoreboard, it just says, for example  " XXXXX killed Supremegamer10"

So what weapon is that guys ??!

That is utter alchemy my friend. Your rank must be sky-high to reach for such unexplained daring maneuvers.

Last edited by MegaCool (April 18 2012)

#211 April 18 2012

Kadouh

I find this very strange, maybe i am a super noob but i just cant understand. On battlelog i see a guy with a gold eagle thing where hes level is supposed to be shown, he played for 110 hours. I have played a total of 75 hours but i am only level 33...
by the way i have a question: how do i achieve a silver or gold eagle icon where my level is supposed to be shown ?

#212 April 18 2012

maba723

Kadouh wrote:

I find this very strange, maybe i am a super noob but i just cant understand. On battlelog i see a guy with a gold eagle thing where hes level is supposed to be shown, he played for 110 hours. I have played a total of 75 hours but i am only level 33...
by the way i have a question: how do i achieve a silver or gold eagle icon where my level is supposed to be shown ?

I'm at level 6 silver. You have to reach to level 50 first, then you get the silver eagle(It is much harder to move up a level because you will need 230,000 points)

#213 April 18 2012

Kadouh

Thanks man, i always wondered how to get it.

#214 April 20 2012

ballad

Quick bf3 question guys
I want to get a used bf3 for ps3
Can I play it online or it has a 1 time network pass?
Tanks

#215 April 20 2012

chosen2k

As u said it has a 1 time network pass

#216 April 21 2012

mezin

ballad wrote:

Quick bf3 question guys
I want to get a used bf3 for ps3
Can I play it online or it has a 1 time network pass?
Tanks

if you buy it new you get a pass ... if used you need to purchase one for 10 dollars

#217 April 21 2012

ballad

oki dokiz, i'll buy a sealed one

#218 April 21 2012

AVOlio

ballad wrote:

oki dokiz, i'll buy a sealed one

Make sure you search for a "Limited Edition"  before you buy,
That will make you download the Back To Karkand expansion pack for free,

Search it, and if your lucky to find it, get it,
Or else just get the normal edition

#219 April 22 2012

babum

Guys, Im on the Pc version and I can only find a few servers with people on them, it's getting frustrating, any ideas?

#220 April 22 2012

geekevo

babum wrote:

Guys, Im on the Pc version and I can only find a few servers with people on them, it's getting frustrating, any ideas?

Do you have the latest patch?

#221 April 22 2012

babum

Yup, which btw seems to have improved some things.

#222 April 22 2012

geekevo

babum wrote:

What do you mean by some things? You see more servers? Where did you buy the game from by the way? Did you get back to karkand? and how much did you pay for it?

#223 April 22 2012

yasamoka

babum wrote:

Did you check the options you have checked? Maybe they are limiting the server search results?

#224 April 25 2012

babum

geekevo wrote:
babum wrote:

What do you mean by some things? You see more servers? Where did you buy the game from by the way? Did you get back to karkand? and how much did you pay for it?

Hey sorry, I forgot about the message

Servers are as empty as they were before but they added an ingame menu for the singleplayer mode, so you don't have to go through their website.

I got my copy from Switzerland, I think it came with "back to Karkand" and I dont remember how much it was. Maybe 60 bucks?

EDIT: I think I found a workaround for the PC version. I started scrolling all I could and I kept getting more and more servers with players on them, I will check the ping to see how it goes.

Last edited by babum (April 25 2012)

#225 April 25 2012

AVOlio

Guys, a question about Chopper Gameplay.
How are the Guided Missiles of the Pilots used ??!
I Choose Guided Missile on the pilots. and when driving, no Locking is happening, not to tanks or any land vehicle and nor to air vehicles..

So how is it Used ?!

Board footer