LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#176 March 28 2012

Kadouh

Re: Battlefield - Game Thread

umm guys something very weird has happened!

i got a message saying i should re-download the expansion pack karkland again, the maps of the dlc dont show up as if i never downloaded them. Anyone else have this problem?

#177 March 28 2012

AVOlio

Theres a New Patch ..! 1080 MB patch ! (on PS3 that is )   Maybe thats why .

#178 March 29 2012

AVOlio

Damn man,
Did you guys check out the new 1,05 GB patch on PS3 ?!
Damn, me , i hate it and i love it at the same time !
Love it cause:
1.Now you can enter empty servers and start playing even if there arnt any players (good way to practice choppers and jets)
2.When a round is complete, and you dont wanna stay within that server anymore, while they show the scoreboard, they added a quit button that gets you out to the Main menu directly !!

I hate it cause :
They freaakin patched the MAV in the recon kit ,
Now i cant get on the buildings and the bridge that i used to snipe from !!

Last edited by AVOlio (March 29 2012)

#179 March 29 2012

Kadouh

Woah! didnt know i can quit from the scoreboard! AWESOME! i always wanted to rage quit so i can play the same map again. By the way the MAV was a glitch so they had to fix it :(. i just hope they fixed the glitch with the QB-18 sniper or whatever it was called cause my avatar kept looking upwards each time i aimed!

Last edited by Kadouh (March 29 2012)

#180 March 29 2012

Aly

PS3 guys, my cousin broke his leg he cant play football anymore, so he bought a PS3 to keep playing virtually  he also bought a couple of games with his PS3 from Nino (including Battlefield 3), now he loved battlefield 3 finished to story mode and wants to play online, however the patches he needs to install are huge, I made a quick check and saw that he must download all patches + expansion pack, he has a 2 mbps connection with 10 GB per month, I saw your other topic in here: http://www.lebgeeks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=10902 on how to download the patches on PC and use the proxy hack to do it on PS3, my cousin has no knowledge in all this kind of things, I will have to do it for him, I just want to know is there any risk of doing this to his PS3 or to this genuine game integrity ?
The most important question, can someone provide me the URL to the patches or the names of the patches so I could download them at work first and go to his home and apply it ??
I heard they are located on FTP servers for EA games, but I need the URLs.

#181 March 29 2012

cullinan86

I loved BBC2. Now Battlefield 3 was on my "To Buy" list. Until I discovered the huge patches that will be included after. I don't know about you, but I feel insulted when a game company sells me an unfinished product, especially when I buy the game a full price. Anyway, I know that the game is good, have fun guys.

#182 March 29 2012

Aly

cullinan86 wrote:

I loved BBC2. Now Battlefield 3 was on my "To Buy" list. Until I discovered the huge patches that will be included after. I don't know about you, but I feel insulted when a game company sells me an unfinished product, especially when I buy the game a full price. Anyway, I know that the game is good, have fun guys.

I remember in the past I used to play Battlefield 2, they had several patches, its normal, but battlefield 3 patches are really huge, I dont know why after several months of release only there is patches in gigabytes.
Anyway, I made a little more researches and found a link of the 1.02 patch:
http://b0.ww.np.dl.playstation.net/tppk … oduct=0085
Its 776 MB found in the South African PS3 community, I am not sure what I have to download, so again I need your help PS3 guys in here, tell me what I should be getting, providing urls and patches names is highly recommended.

#183 March 29 2012

AVOlio

@Aly   i have downloaded the latest patch for BF3  PS3 using the proxy method (V 1,04  1,05GB).  its just better in every way, thus it never worked out for me if i download it on PS3.. it always gave me errors cz of my connection,

Anyway, i got all of the patches, the links and the files on my laptop. (V 1,01  767 MB V1,02 767MB and V1,04 1,05GB)
If you live in beirut or near it... i can give them to you ..  as u can see i live in dekwaneh

Now, i can help you n your cousin, but i need your help also
Like they say, you scratch my back n i'll scratch yours..
I want the expansion pack sooo baadlyy ..!
So if you could help me with that i would be soo thankkful !

Last edited by AVOlio (March 29 2012)

#184 March 29 2012

Aly

AVOlio look I am not sure I understood you well,  I need the links to the patches only, I will download them myself on a corporate connection.
Now I live in Beirut too, give me the links to 1,01 ; 1,02 ; 1,04 and the Expansion pack I will download them all overnight, and meet you somewhere and give you the Expansion pack.

#185 March 29 2012

AVOlio

@Aly check your inbox

#186 March 30 2012

Aly

Ok I found and downloaded the below patches if anyone is interested in the future:
http://b0.ww.np.dl.playstation.net/tppk … 100-PE.pkg  <== Patch 1.01  228 MB
http://b0.ww.np.dl.playstation.net/tppk … oduct=0085  <== Patch 1.02   766MB
http://b0.ww.np.dl.playstation.net/tppk … 100-PE.pkg  <== Patch 1.03  10 MB (VOIP Fix)
http://b0.ww.np.dl.playstation.net/tppk … oduct=0087  <== Patch 1.04  1.05 GB

Not sure if anything is missing, or something from the above is not needed, but I downloaded them all.

Last edited by Aly (March 30 2012)

#187 March 30 2012

ibxoful

its better you encode your links

68 74 74 70 3A 2F 2F 62 30 2E 77 77 2E 6E 70 2E 64 6C 2E 70 6C 61 79 73 74 61 74 69 6F 6E 2E 6E 65 74 2F 74 70 70 6B 67 2F 6E 70 2F 42 4C 45 53 30 31 32 37 35 2F 42 4C 45 53 30 31 32 37 35 5F 54 35 2F 63 37 36 38 38 35 37 66 64 66 33 39 39 35 64 37 2F 45 50 30 30 30 36 2D 42 4C 45 53 30 31 32 37 35 5F 30 30 2D 42 46 33 4D 50 55 50 44 41 54 45 30 30 30 30 32 2D 41 30 31 30 34 2D 56 30 31 30 30 2D 50 45 2E 70 6B 67 3F 70 72 6F 64 75 63 74 3D 30 30 38 36

^ ascii to hex encoder on the 1.04 patch

#188 March 30 2012

ibxoful

Aly wrote:

PS3 guys, my cousin broke his leg he cant play football anymore, so he bought a PS3 to keep playing virtually  he also bought a couple of games with his PS3 from Nino (including Battlefield 3), now he loved battlefield 3 finished to story mode and wants to play online, however the patches he needs to install are huge, I made a quick check and saw that he must download all patches + expansion pack, he has a 2 mbps connection with 10 GB per month, I saw your other topic in here: http://www.lebgeeks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=10902 on how to download the patches on PC and use the proxy hack to do it on PS3, my cousin has no knowledge in all this kind of things, I will have to do it for him, I just want to know is there any risk of doing this to his PS3 or to this genuine game integrity ?
The most important question, can someone provide me the URL to the patches or the names of the patches so I could download them at work first and go to his home and apply it ??
I heard they are located on FTP servers for EA games, but I need the URLs.

there are no risks in doing that1
ps: for all users who use a downloader while downloading anything..
if your pc gets turned off my mistake (power source removed and not normal turn off) there is a 90% chance you'll get a corrupted file!

Last edited by ibxoful (March 30 2012)

#189 March 31 2012

Aly

Ok thank you AVOlio and ibxoful, I have successfully done it, I updated the game via the proxy from my PC, it only asked for 1.04 (I didnt need the previous one), I created a PSN id for him, but couldn't redeem the online pass (Redeem option was greyed out), spent a couple of hours on Google trying to figure out why it turned out the game is region locked, I created another account and chosen "United Kingdom" as a country instead of Lebanon and this time it worked, he joined some servers and played.

#190 March 31 2012

AVOlio

Guys, speaking of this new 1,04 Patch.. It sucks  big time!

Despite of the MAV transport that i already talked about,
there are more things that made the game aloot more harder and annoying.

1st. Chopper fighting
Last time i was in the Havoc, i was up one on one against the AH-Z Viper ..
I managed to hit him with my heat seekers 6 times !! SIX motha-Fin times.. And it didnt even get Disabled
And i saw the missiles actually hit him!

2nd. Again in the story of chopper, when you are locked on By stinger on the ground!
Cause of the lag, i sometimes miss-read the Locking alert and dump the flares a little early, so i get shot sometimes..
In this new patch, the times when i got shot successfully by a stinger, my chopper was freakin Disabled and almost destroyed! After just one stinger missile, my vehicle health was 25 %, one missile!

3rd. After the remove of the MAV transport, the sniping game got a little booring of course,
But other than that, have you seen the changes they made on the sniper rifles?
Specially with the M98 !!   If sniping at long ranges, the bullet of the rifle seems like a Round of a tank when firing.. so its impossible to snipe at loong distances seeing that the enemy is tiny!

And also, i hate the sounds they changed in the patch when your vehicles get shot by missiles, specially choppers get hit by a missile ,  With me, when i hear that sound, i feel like im having Connection and lag problems! cause its mostly the same..

Anyway, PS3 BF3 players.. tell us what You think about this New Patch

Last edited by AVOlio (March 31 2012)

#191 March 31 2012

bilanio

AVOlio wrote:

Guys, any PS3  Battlefield3 online players here that play with a headset ??!
Im thinking of buying a Headset for my ps3 just for BF3 for extreme squad plays 

So, if anyone here does play with one, let me know so when i get one, we'd play a couple of matches sometimes ..

Hey man, add me: bilanio
i got the PS3 headset form nino for 120$ and on my ogero connection the gameplay is descent and the voice is great

#192 March 31 2012

AVOlio

bilanio wrote:
AVOlio wrote:

Guys, any PS3  Battlefield3 online players here that play with a headset ??!
Im thinking of buying a Headset for my ps3 just for BF3 for extreme squad plays 

So, if anyone here does play with one, let me know so when i get one, we'd play a couple of matches sometimes ..

Hey man, add me: bilanio
i got the PS3 headset form nino for 120$ and on my ogero connection the gameplay is descent and the voice is great

Hey man, i will add you.. my PSN is supremegamer10  so that you know :)

But i still didnt get the headset, now that i found out someone has it, im gonna get it..

You got it for 120$ ??! :O  from NiNo  ?  i Think i saw it for like 80-90$ at Virgin.. and even less at BHV..
(Im talking about the official PS3 Headset.. not other )

EDIT:  I saw the headset..  and it was headphones..

LoL i was talking about the other one, the Mic .. not the headphones, as i only wanna talk, i can hear the voice through the TV.

But, lol the headset seems like a good idea, to not to give head-aches to my entire family while im playing the game haha !   but 120$ its too expensive

Last edited by AVOlio (March 31 2012)

#193 April 2 2012

kiwithefruit

Does anyone have the Back to Karkand link for the proxy hack? My PS3 isn't with me right now so I can't get it.

Thanks!

#194 April 2 2012

AVOlio

I want it too, guys if any of you have downloaded the file, and has it on PC.. please share it !

And, how can we install it on our PS3 ..?!  Knowing that its DLC .. and we are not downloading it from download list of an account but through proxy..

So is it possible to install the Expansion DLC pack through proxy ?!

#195 April 2 2012

Rubz

This is so weird, I been playin ME3 for a week, and today i wanted to do some BF3 so I ran the game, and never got asked to download a patch, i just played - does origin patch games automaticaly in the background?

The new "supression" is horible by the way - i tried playing a metro round, and it was a complete blur from beginning to end because of all the heavy machine guns firing constantly

#196 April 5 2012

mezin

the squad cover perk fixes suppression ... someone should have it

#197 April 8 2012

Tarik

Anyone bought the russian version from pcandparts? Does it work out smoothly or a lot is needed to fix the language?

#198 April 8 2012

yasamoka

Tarik wrote:

Anyone bought the russian version from pcandparts? Does it work out smoothly or a lot is needed to fix the language?

Not a lot is needed to fix the language. The language files are around 1GB. Some updates support older versions of language files. Some newer updates require you to redownload the newest language files. Activating the language files is pathetically easy. Updates are not frequent for Battlefield 3, once a month if you're lucky (or unlucky ). If you expect to save on quota, and you don't have unlimited nights, then the game patches themselves will make you cry. Then you should go for the English version. Else, if you can download at night, then you could go for the Russian version and save a few bucks.

Notice: Before the last update, I had only downloaded the english language files once, when I bought the game in November / December, and used them across all updates. Last update, however, they didn't work. The game graphics wouldn't load. I had to remove the files and now I'm playing in Russian. Downloaded the english language files last night, and they totaled 800MB. Previously, they had totaled 1GB (or a bit more).

#199 April 9 2012

Tarik

^
Thanks for the feed back yasamoka. I don't have a free night traffic but already got the wireless device, I can just subscribe for this month. There's a whooping 21$ difference in price, that's a bit less than the sodetel wireless connection fee for a month.

Last edited by Tarik (April 9 2012)

#200 April 9 2012

geekevo

yasamoka wrote:
Tarik wrote:

Not a lot is needed to fix the language. The language files are around 1GB. Some updates support older versions of language files. Some newer updates require you to redownload the newest language files. Activating the language files is pathetically easy. Updates are not frequent for Battlefield 3, once a month if you're lucky (or unlucky ). If you expect to save on quota, and you don't have unlimited nights, then the game patches themselves will make you cry. Then you should go for the English version. Else, if you can download at night, then you could go for the Russian version and save a few bucks.

Notice: Before the last update, I had only downloaded the english language files once, when I bought the game in November / December, and used them across all updates. Last update, however, they didn't work. The game graphics wouldn't load. I had to remove the files and now I'm playing in Russian. Downloaded the english language files last night, and they totaled 800MB. Previously, they had totaled 1GB (or a bit more).

May i ask how much is your ping?and do you lag at that ping? at 64 players?

Board footer