LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#151 December 25 2011

belal

Re: Battlefield - Game Thread

Great, thanks Omar.

#152 December 25 2011

AVOlio

belal wrote:

Wait, If I buy Battlefield3 for my ps3 right now, can I play online instantly or should I download ~5gb in order to play?

I have the Update file on my PC if you want.  I downloaded it on my PC and after installed it on my ps3 through proxy server .  You can look on how to do the installation from the PC on ps3 through here http://www.lebgeeks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=10902

And if you want the patch, i already have it, so you will skip the download step  (i kept the update patch in case i format my ps3 someday, so i wont have to download the stinkin file again )

#153 December 25 2011

belal

Much appreciated man. I will try downloading it directly through the ps3 and if it does not work I will do it through the proxy server. It shouldn't take much time through my 1mbps conx
I am going to buy the game tomorrow; lets see what happens.
thanks again.

#154 December 26 2011

AVOlio

belal wrote:

Much appreciated man. I will try downloading it directly through the ps3 and if it does not work I will do it through the proxy server. It shouldn't take much time through my 1mbps conx
I am going to buy the game tomorrow; lets see what happens.
thanks again.

Your Welcome  :)

PS:  Try finding and buying the limited version ! "BF3 Limited Version".  It will give you the advantage of downloading later the "Back to Karakand" Add on for the game for FREE.

I didnt know that when i bought my game ! I have the normal edition, i got it for 70$ from Nino.
But wheres the funny thing ?!   Right after i bought it, i saw the Limited Edition for Sale for 65$ in Bourj Hammoud!     

I guess i should have done more research before buying the game   (But hell no,i was too damn excited)

#155 December 28 2011

belal

Downloading the patch took me 2hrs directly from the ps3! Strange!
Activating the code was a pain in the ass. After hours of crappy EA customer service live chat, a simple 30seconds youtube video suggested to change ps3 zones/regions by creating a new psn username.  It worked! and I can the access the store from now on! I knew I should have not put I'm from fucking Lebanon in the first place!

Add me; PSN: PASHAZADA

#156 December 28 2011

PS3nut

everyone friend me so we can play together!

PSN: kadel_123

i am level 25
1000 kills and around 52 hours of gameplay

#157 January 3 2012

AVOlio

Hey Guys,    i Just found out  how to get on the bridge (the big bridge all over the map) in Tehran Highway!

Niiice place for Sniping aint it ?!

#158 January 6 2012

ibxoful

Heres my battlelog, feel free to post yours http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/user/ibxoful101/

#159 January 29 2012

babum

btw, if you guys are having problems with bf3 pc version, PB kicking you from every game try manually updating PB. that's what worked for me.

#160 February 6 2012

AVOlio

GOD DAAMN
its been more than a month now i havnt been playing BF3 online !!

Fuckiiing  lightning !!  from all the houses in lebanon it chose my house to damage my TV and my PS3 !!!
Why didnt it choose the house of someone rich and has no problem getting a new ps3 !!

and also i still have no internet !! Waiting for MotherF***in Sodetel to come and install it !

Fuck this shiit... i wanna play BF3 onliine !  i misseed it soo freakin muuch !

Last edited by AVOlio (February 11 2012)

#161 February 28 2012

JackB

Hello guys, I need help!!!

I bought a used CD of Battlefield 3 on my ps3 from Nino store yesterday and I'm facing 2 problems:

1- To play multilayer I need to register my game, but I can't do that because every time I go to "Store", and try to redeem my code it says "service not supported in your country/region"

2- I didn't find the code in the CD I bought (since it was a used one)

What can I do? help is much appreciated!

PS: I will introduce myself later today, probably in like an hour or so

Last edited by JackB (February 28 2012)

#162 February 28 2012

WizaRd

Well how are you trying to redeem a code when you don't have one?

The online pass is a one-time use only. If the previous owner already used it, you're out of luck. You'll have to buy a new one from PSN for it work.

I suggest you return it to him, make a scene, and get another used game.

#163 February 28 2012

JackB

Yes that's an option, but that's not my biggest concern, my biggest concern is:

Whenever I try to redeem a code (regardless of whether I have one or not) it doesn't allow me, because it says that this is not supported in my country (Lebanon).

So let's say I buy a new code for 9.99$, how can I use it? and what is causing the problem?

I assume the problem is not that I live in Lebanon, because apparently other people living in Lebanon are redeeming their codes ad playing normally....I dunno it's confusing me...

Can my ISP be the problem? or my IP adress? etc...??

Please help!

#164 February 28 2012

WizaRd

Well I have a UK PSN account and my game is Region 2.

What is the region of your disk?

#165 February 28 2012

maba723

JackB wrote:

Yes that's an option, but that's not my biggest concern, my biggest concern is:

Whenever I try to redeem a code (regardless of whether I have one or not) it doesn't allow me, because it says that this is not supported in my country (Lebanon).

So let's say I buy a new code for 9.99$, how can I use it? and what is causing the problem?

I assume the problem is not that I live in Lebanon, because apparently other people living in Lebanon are redeeming their codes ad playing normally....I dunno it's confusing me...

Can my ISP be the problem? or my IP adress? etc...??

Please help!

Try creating a new account with UK or any European country. It will work

#166 February 28 2012

JackB

lol, I'm not familiar with this region thingy actually....

How can I know the region of my disk? and what effect would that have? are there a set of rules to be aware of? (excuse me for being a total noob about this...)

#167 February 28 2012

JackB

Actually...I changed my region to UK and it worked!

thx maba723!

#168 March 18 2012

AVOlio

Guys, any PS3  Battlefield3 online players here that play with a headset ??!
Im thinking of buying a Headset for my ps3 just for BF3 for extreme squad plays 

So, if anyone here does play with one, let me know so when i get one, we'd play a couple of matches sometimes ..

#169 March 18 2012

yasamoka

AVOlio wrote:

Guys, any PS3  Battlefield3 online players here that play with a headset ??!
Im thinking of buying a Headset for my ps3 just for BF3 for extreme squad plays 

So, if anyone here does play with one, let me know so when i get one, we'd play a couple of matches sometimes ..

Don't mean to burst your bubble, but does your connection have enough upload bandwidth to support voice chat in the game without compromising on the actual game data being sent? I know it's probably a couple of kilobytes for the game data, but if the voice chat is 128kbps, then many connections would have trouble if lower bitrates are not supported.

#170 March 19 2012

AVOlio

Man i dont really care if my connection supports it or im gonna have trouble with it, but i just wanna do it
and if it works.. then i would say hell yeah.  And im gonna start seeing myself as one of those noobs that upload online team/squad gameplays (with voice chat) on youtube that have it all, perfect connection perfect PC'S...    The only difference is, im a better player in the game

#171 March 22 2012

AVOlio

Guys any Idea how im gonna get the Back to Karakand expansion pack on my ps3 ?!

I dont have Limited edition ,  i dont have money in my PSN account either, nor i know how to put money in my account, also i dont have credit cards or such things either...

So guys, is there anyone that can help me get the expansion pack ?! Im dying to get it and start playing. please guys

Last edited by AVOlio (March 24 2012)

#172 March 24 2012

AVOlio

Anyone guys?

#173 March 24 2012

WizaRd

Buy a PSN card from pcandparts.com and add the funds to your account.

You don't know how to add them? Google it.

#174 March 25 2012

AVOlio

Duude, i know how to add them..  I meant i dont know how to add them from credit cards as i have no idea what their about.. cause i dont have one .

I dont wanna buy a PSN card for 50 $ or 30 $ ..  cause i only need like 11 $

#175 March 25 2012

WizaRd

Well you really have no other choice if you don't want to use a credit card.

Board footer