LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#351 February 20 2013

AVOlio

Re: Battlefield - Game Thread

LoL Rage quit ! I know what your talking about.
Anyway, i added you..  also maybe we can try that sniping thing together, my current longest shot is like 900m.

#352 March 6 2013

AVOlio

Guys, who already downloaded the new patch for BF3 on PC ?! And that can share it with me ?!

#353 March 7 2013

DNA

ohh man i am trying to figure that out too, and i also have to download the end game dlc on march 13 so i think its going to be a 5-6 gb download, BTW what is the size of the current patch? cause it tells me 6gb which is definitely wrong i think  that something is messed up with my game.

#354 March 7 2013

AVOlio

No man, its right, the size IS 6GB !  add another 3-4GB to that for the DLC, its 10GB total ! i have a 1mbps connection!
No way in hell i can download those...

I already tried downloading the patch a couple of times, i had errors both times, n it stopped !

So, again Guys, who can share the patch ??!

#355 March 7 2013

geekevo

Get it through torrent origin is horrible.

#356 March 8 2013

AVOlio

Yea, i know it sucks through origin.. the speed is horrible, not to mention the errors that you might get !

Anyway, im taking the patch from our fellow member TheRubz.

#357 March 8 2013

AVOlio

Update! I took the patch folder from TheRubz,  but for some reason, origin is still downloading the patch from the internet !

Aaahh, there another week thats gonna pass without playing BF3 !

#358 March 8 2013

DNA

you need to start the download then pause it, close origin, copy the patch folder then start origin and press resume it should skip the files you have.

Last edited by DNA (March 8 2013)

#359 March 8 2013

AVOlio

i did !

#360 April 19 2013

AVOlio

Guys, check out this Dragshot compilation video i made.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x10jfo … a0B_kC0q24

Pretty awesome stuff

Last edited by AVOlio (June 4 2013)

#361 May 19 2013

Aly

Nice video AVOlio, nothing feels better than sniping in FPS games and laugh at the rage and complaints from the victims, it never gets old :)
Myself I am a sniper, but I am more into camping and marksman, the type of snipers that everyone hates and complain about in BF3 forums ,I only play on Firestorm / Hardcore / 64 / Conquest, that made me kind of "expert" in this map.
Too sad there is few Lebanese PC players, anyway I have 2 accounts:
Original: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/us … dEngin33r/
2nd Account: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/user/LittleFi3ld/ (Took it from my cousin, he played 30 mins and didnt like the game)

Here's my latest battle-report, on a Russian server, I got a shitload of cheat accusations but I am just a Firestorm lover / lvl 100 in disguise ;)
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/ba … 371862235/

Last edited by Aly (May 19 2013)

#362 May 20 2013

AVOlio

WoW  195 kills and 15 deaths ! I see that its not even hardcore !  How many tickets were in that round? You sure do camp a lot
Well not camp, i am a sniper too, so i wont use the word camp, your a recon/sniper, so you have be stay away from the battlefield a little bit, to snipe...   And people call it camping , well cause its a repetitive game, and you will stay there sniping the entire round, its a game in the end.  While real snipers, go to their sniping location, finish their mission targets and then just leave ...

Were you able to see the video..?? freaking youtube removed it for copyrights... for the David Guetta song.. pfff
Anyway, am gonna add you

#363 May 20 2013

Aly

Yes I was able to see the video a couple of weeks ago, but made the comment yesterday, you pulled some pretty neat shots on the run and that deserves respect :)
About sniping and camping, I agree with you, though camping is a legit strategy, but I am not the kind that snipes from an uncap region, or stay in the corner of the map to get 1.5km+ headshots, I am mostly on the tower or the C flag of Firestorm, I have learned all the bullet drop for M98B (12x) from this place, I die way less than others and defend flags, but I surely dont run and gun with sniper. And one of the main reason I chose to be a recon its because of the Lebanese latencies, I have a ping of 75ms (Europe) to 120 ms (Russia), playing on the ground you will be outgunned by people with lower latencies, and you experience a lot of death around the corner.
Here is a video of my gameplay:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOlObuVouKM  (Not a good quality, since it was the first time I record, but on 720p its watchable)
And in this video, an admin started to chase me, trying to prove that I am cheating, but I had a feeling that he was up to something and I started recording and showed him the video (we became friends ever since ):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_-zyuxo-sM (good quality)

#364 May 20 2013

AVOlio

Yes man your totally right about the ping issue, but I still go for the aggressive recon type...
I mean I do snipe and sometimes if you wanna call it camp from long distances also, but like I do both...
cause my sniping is mostly on dragshooting... I don't know if you can dragshoot too, but yes your plays go more for long range sniping, so maybe that's why I like to go aggressive more unlike you :)
anyway I added your Battlelog.... how active are you on it?  you pay a lot?

#365 May 21 2013

Aly

Actually I cant dragshot, saw you dragshooting in the video and its quite impressive, you added my original account and I am not using it much right now, I added you from my second account, its the one I was using lately and it has been a week since or so that I played my last match due to Ddos, servers instability and stats loss, but one thing for sure, I will be active during double XP starting May 23rd ;)

#366 June 2 2013

Lyonx

Hello guys this is my first post. didn't even know about this website until today as I was googling a solution . Good to see that such a community exists  anyway, let me get to the point. I've bought BF3 on PC earlier this year and I'm playing it more or less casually. I have this problem, it's a common problem maybe, but i just can't fix it. I just get these random disconnects as I'm playing, with no particular time intervals. The game just lags out for some seconds, and i get the message saying connection to server timed out. It's really frustrating because i rarely finish a round without getting a dc and when i reconnect i lose my score and get switched to the other team grrrr.. I have an Ogero 2mbps connection and my ping on EU servers is usually between 80-95 ms. Maybe this problem has been discussed on this thread before, but i don't have the patience to scroll through all the pages. help would be appreciated!

#367 June 3 2013

AVOlio

Hmm, you should try disabling Upnp from your router.

#368 June 3 2013

Lyonx

My PC is directly connected to my modem (speedtouch) and I can't seem to configure it from my browser since I don't know the authentication info (I tried user user and admin admin, didn't work).

#369 June 3 2013

AVOlio

Im pretty sure Upnp is the reason why your getting disconnected, with connection timed out error.
I used to have it too but stopped when i disabled Upnp...

Google on how to access your modem configuration page. Of course with mentioning the model of your  modem as well... etc...
And then disable Upnp and let me know how it works out.

#370 June 3 2013

Lyonx

AVOlio wrote:

Im pretty sure Upnp is the reason why your getting disconnected, with connection timed out error.
I used to have it too but stopped when i disabled Upnp...

Google on how to access your modem configuration page. Of course with mentioning the model of your  modem as well... etc...
And then disable Upnp and let me know how it works out.

Well I still couldn't log in into my modem, I think its is encrypted from ogero or something. So i did something very n00bish. I have a router connected to my modem for WiFi (my modem is old it doesn't have a WiFi antenna, only LAN. So i had to buy a WiFi router to have wireless connection.). I disconnected my PC from the modem and connected it to the router, and I configured the router and disabled Upnp. Although Upnp is still enabled from the modem so I dunno if what I did makes sense. But I played a little more than an hour and no DCs till now :) hopefully it worked! thank you

I also watched your sniping videos, you have some serious skills man. I wish I could play like this! I recently worked my way up the recon class to unlock the M98B but till now the L96 is my favorite.

#371 June 3 2013

Aly

I had this exact same problem a year ago and as Avolio said disabling upnp solved this issue for good, google around you will find how to do it on your speedtouch.
By the way you never loose score if you quit, crash or loose coonection, the only time you loose stats is when the server you are playing on crashes.
Imo M98B is way superior to L96. Tried all bolt action snipers in bf3 and returned to my beloved M98B.

Last edited by Aly (June 3 2013)

#372 June 3 2013

Lyonx

Aly wrote:

By the way you never loose score if you quit, crash or loose coonection, the only time you loose stats is when the server you are playing on crashes.

Yup that I know, I just meant the number of kills/deaths you see when you hit tab. Good thing the real score isn't lost upon DC or else I would have raged so hard

Aly wrote:

Imo M98B is way superior to L96. Tried all bolt action snipers in bf3 and returned to my beloved M98B.

You're probably right I'm not saying the L96 is better but I kinda got used to it, once I unlocked the M98B it felt weird because the bullet drops a lot less. I should play with it more often. which scope do you use btw ? I use the x8. The x12 is way too magnifying, it makes closer shots a pain in the ass

Last edited by Lyonx (June 3 2013)

#373 June 3 2013

AVOlio

@Lyonx  every body is like you regarding close range sniping.. They use 8x scope, not 12x .
Me, i cant play with 8x scope lol neither close or long range !   Only 12x 

And about the L96, i was like you !
When back to Karkand was released (i wasnt premium back then) i was so excited to see the new L96 sniper rifle !
I was so ravished even when i used to get killed by it !    Even got managed to pick up some kits then with L96, awesome times 

But all of that was gone when close quarters was released bringing in the new beast the JNG-90 

Anyway why dont you share your battlelog.

#374 June 3 2013

Lyonx

AVOlio wrote:

@Lyonx  every body is like you regarding close range sniping.. They use 8x scope, not 12x .
Me, i cant play with 8x scope lol neither close or long range !   Only 12x 

And about the L96, i was like you !
When back to Karkand was released (i wasnt premium back then) i was so excited to see the new L96 sniper rifle !
I was so ravished even when i used to get killed by it !    Even got managed to pick up some kits then with L96, awesome times 

But all of that was gone when close quarters was released bringing in the new beast the JNG-90

yeah I dunno the L96 has that ring to it   it's like your average sniper rifle but killing people with it feels so good  and to be honest I still didn't do the assignment for the JNG-90 :O I'll go unlock and try it out asap

AVOlio wrote:

Anyway why dont you share your battlelog.

Alright here it is (don't laugh at my stats :$) add me!

battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/user/michelleonkhalil/

#375 June 4 2013

Aly

I prefer and got used to the 12x, but it depends on what maps and game modes you play.
I added you too (LittleFi3ld), dont worry about stats, once you have played some time and you got to know your weak points, your stats will get better.

Last edited by Aly (June 4 2013)

Board footer