LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#176 December 22 2011

Sup3r

Re: Feedback for Sodetel

umm , does that change for different central offices ? do you have any idea ?
i called sodetel at 1268 but the operators were busy :(

#177 December 22 2011

AvoK95

Sup3r wrote:

Guys is the connection stable at sodetel ?

It's very stable
But this week it was very slow and with high pings , I don't know why yet but I'm sure they are solving the problem with Ogero.

#178 December 24 2011

GeorgeN

That's only from your end AvoK, mine has been perfect throughout the whole month.

Here is a speedtest at 1:40 am (you'd expect it to be slow because of unlimited quota)

1667297917.png

450 KB/s even during unlimited quota, unbelievable.

#179 December 25 2011

AvoK95

Actually my connection is normal after 12 AM.
It's in the day time when it's slow.

#180 January 2 2012

Dirol

Please: Anyone with 4 Mb plan experiencing ping above 200 ms?

#181 January 2 2012

Hitman6267

GeorgeN wrote:

That's only from your end AvoK, mine has been perfect throughout the whole month.

Mine isn't stable either,

1682098023.png

#182 January 3 2012

MasterBatata

my ping in dota 2 is now over 400ms unplayable. THis happened after stopped my fixed ip. they wanted 95$

#183 January 3 2012

AvoK95

My Speedtest using my Android
121804662.png

#184 January 3 2012

AVOlio

Screw Sodetel, i just called their support, a girl answered, girl that doesnt know what transfer rate means, and she doesnt have any idea how much i can download during the night traffic, she said hold on while she gets someone else.
She Put me on hold, and i stupidly waited 7 minutes on hold, i guess i got caught up in the music!

#185 January 4 2012

Dirol

MasterBatata wrote:

my ping in dota 2 is now over 400ms unplayable. THis happened after stopped my fixed ip. they wanted 95$

Mine is 2 Mb plan. Same case for the ping :/.

Eww~~~ :S. Any idea what other ISPs' pings are?!

AvoK95 wrote:

Is your plan 4 Mb or 2 Mb?

Does it seem that 4Mb subscribers have low pings than 2 Mb. Please tell.

Last edited by Dirol (January 4 2012)

#186 January 4 2012

AvoK95

I am 2Mb subscriber.

#187 January 4 2012

Dirol

Hmm. Thanks. i'm on 2 Mb plan as well but have bad pings.....I don't know why some of us have bad pings and some others don't.

Any clear idea for this issue?!

Last edited by Dirol (January 5 2012)

#188 January 4 2012

AvoK95

As I said before, it depends on the location.

#189 January 4 2012

GeorgeN

Update: To all those wondering why your pings have drastically increased, it appears that sodetel are removing regular users from the fiber backbone and placing them on satellite instead, since they are selling a large amount of dedicated bandwidth to companies which occupies a large portion of the fiber backbone.

#190 January 4 2012

Aly

4 Mbps here, 80% of the times I am on fiber (ping 90-100ms) the other 20% I am on Sat, however I keep renewing the modem's IP until I get back to the fiber pool, sometimes I do it 40-50 times in a row to succeed.

#191 January 5 2012

d3ad

GeorgeN wrote:

Update: To all those wondering why your pings have drastically increased, it appears that sodetel are removing regular users from the fiber backbone and placing them on satellite instead, since they are selling a large amount of dedicated bandwidth to companies which occupies a large portion of the fiber backbone.

I am not really sure about selling it to companies, they don't even have corporate support center,

#192 January 5 2012

Chup

GeorgeN wrote:

Not just Sodetel... All ISPs

#193 January 5 2012

Joe

@GeorgeN: Do you have ANY data to back your claim or are we starting yet another (possibly true, what do I know?) rumor?

#194 January 5 2012

Dirol

GeorgeN wrote:

I highly agree with you. It is unreasonable that pre-fiber optics capacity increase the ping = ping with Fiber Optics.
They just give same sh*tty reason everytime that it is shared account where it actually seems to rely behind something else...!

d3ad wrote:

I am not really sure about selling it to companies, they don't even have corporate support center.

They have Corporate Service part on their website.

Chup wrote:

Not just Sodetel... All ISPs

How sure are you of this? is the % of all other ISPs high ping-users like Sodetel?

What about other ISP's guys? do your friends have low pings?! IDM; Cyberia; TerraNet and etc...

Last edited by Dirol (February 2 2012)

#195 January 11 2012

Dirol

Aly wrote:

4 Mbps here, 80% of the times I am on fiber (ping 90-100ms) the other 20% I am on Sat, however I keep renewing the modem's IP until I get back to the fiber pool, sometimes I do it 40-50 times in a row to succeed.

How to determine if i'm currently on Sat. or Fiber-Optic IP/pool of IPs? because sometimes low pings can be through Sat.

Last edited by Dirol (January 11 2012)

#196 January 11 2012

Aly

Simple, when I ping google.com and the delay is stable 90ms I know I am on fiber, when the delay stable 400-450ms I know I am on Sat, its impossible to get low pings through Sat (In Lebanon I mean, or at least the Sat sodetel is using), so I keep renewing IP until  I get back the 90ms delay.

#197 January 11 2012

Dirol

Thanks,
yes but even before Fiber-Optic, i used to get low pings after reconnecting and stable at 110ms.
so, if, let's say, the pool of IPs is mixed between both Sat. and Fiber-Optic, how to differentiate between them?

#198 January 11 2012

The-MMMs

Dirol wrote:

Thanks,
yes but even before Fiber-Optic, i used to get low pings after reconnecting and stable at 110ms.
so, if, let's say, the pool of IPs is mixed between both Sat. and Fiber-Optic, how to differentiate between them?

Run a ping test in CMD in the background
Open modem settings
Disconnect and connect till ping is satisfactory

I remember before IMEWE i used to have to do this with Ogero to get a "good " IP range; ever since not so often but sometimes i do

Anyway the same should apply in this case, try your luck

My guess is that Sodetel definitely has many IP ranges and some should be better than others with regards to latency

#199 January 11 2012

Dirol

The-MMMs wrote:
Dirol wrote:

Thanks,

Run a ping test in CMD in the background
Open modem settings
Disconnect and connect till ping is satisfactory

I remember before IMEWE i used to have to do this with Ogero to get a "good " IP range; ever since not so often but sometimes i do

Anyway the same should apply in this case, try your luck

My guess is that Sodetel definitely has many IP ranges and some should be better than others with regards to latency

Yes i'm alreading doing that but Did you mean the lowest ping i get = Fiber-Optic connection?

#200 January 11 2012

Aly

Dirol wrote:

Thanks,

I think you misunderstood something, what do you mean before fiber optic ? we always had a fiber backbone in Lebanon since 1995 (I think) so even before the IMEWE it was possible to get low pings from ISPs, the IMEWE just increased the capacity, but before the IMEWE we didnt have "Sat with high ping" and "Sat with low ping" we had both sat and fiber.

Board footer