LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1801 April 26 2020

GeorgeN

Re: Feedback for Sodetel

I just want to add something about Sodetel's tech support. Whenever you call them the guy will just pick up the phone and hang up in your face. Just terrible service / rudeness all around. I realize they're probably overloaded and can't do anything about it, but they can at least notify the customer instead of ignoring them/ the issue altogether. For anyone reading this: If you were ever considering this ISP, I strongly recommend you reconsider.

#1802 November 19 2020

AvoK95

anyone having random disconnections lately?

I swapped my modem and I still have weird issues, as if the DNS server isn't working as I am able to receive whatsapp, but can't go on any website (unless it's cached)

#1803 November 19 2020

nefe_lpmk

AvoK95 wrote:

I swapped my modem and I still have weird issues, as if the DNS server isn't working as I am able to receive whatsapp, but can't go on any website (unless it's cached)

I thought it is from my Modem, Ping keeps working, DNS and browsing fails.
Happens couple of times a day, what are they messing up.
PS: I tried using other DNS servers, same issue. Seems they are blocking DNS and TCP traffic.

#1804 November 20 2020

AvoK95

nefe_lpmk wrote:
AvoK95 wrote:

I thought it is from my Modem, Ping keeps working, DNS and browsing fails.
Happens couple of times a day, what are they messing up.
PS: I tried using other DNS servers, same issue. Seems they are blocking DNS and TCP traffic.

they're probably upgrading or transferring, I think they moved recently.

Last edited by AvoK95 (February 5 2021)

#1805 February 5 2021

ZER0

I was subscribed to the 2mb/s unlimited plan and my online gaming experience wasn't that bad. 80-100 ping low packet loss... But then i switched to the open speed plans and now im getting 8~12mb/s with the same upload speed (500~700kb/s). However, my online gaming experience became much worse 100~120 ping with high packet loss. At night (6-7 pm) i can't even connect to the servers. I am mainly facing these problems with rainbow six siege. Anyone else? Does anyone know how to fix it? And they told me that i should subscribe to some gaming plan where they guarantee stable 75 ping with low packet loss, is that true? Thanks

Last edited by ZER0 (February 5 2021)

#1806 February 5 2021

wollyka

higher speeds mean they turn on interleaving to make the connection more stable. Call them and ask them to turn it off

#1807 July 21 2021

new_user

Is anyone experiencing internet outages with sodetel dsl? Is it normal to experience it often with the router stats showing line down and 0kbps for up and down? Phone line is working normally during this stage.

#1808 December 6 2021

abboudz

hi guys,

is anyone using sodetel broadband over microwave? I'm considering getting their dedicated corporate connection. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

#1809 August 2 2023

solo220

hi guys,

is anyone using know whats happening with Sodetel ?, all servers and connections are down.

#1810 August 3 2023

nuclearcat

My sources say they got hacked / ransomware attack.

#1811 August 3 2023

Prince

nuclearcat wrote:

My sources say they got hacked / ransomware attack.

many lebanese company got hacked/ransomware this week, weird.

Board footer