LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#151 November 7 2011

alimans3

Re: Feedback for Sodetel

i am experiencing 200kbps and 500 ms for my 4m package

#152 November 7 2011

alimans3

Join this page for all your feedback Concerning sodetel connection:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sodetel-S … 5371970055
It is new so like and share

#153 November 7 2011

Ruroken

Joined it.

#154 November 13 2011

JadK

Guys i'm applying for the  DSL 2mb one this week . But i have some questions to the sodetel users.

Is the speed constant all day long or it's slow on peek times (4 til 11 pm) ?
Is the 10 gigs enough for browsing & social networking (i do all of my dlds between 12 and 8 am) ?

#155 November 13 2011

alimans3

yes my speed is constant 4M and if you need only browsing ,yes 10GB are enough .

#156 November 13 2011

Mhmd

@Jadk, Yes Speed is constant 24/24, sometimes it drops from 12 am till 1~2 am a little, and concerning the 10Gb yes for sure they're enough

#157 November 13 2011

md1
Banned

what about the ping?

#158 November 14 2011

Mhmd

constant at 97 ~ 98 ms

#159 November 14 2011

Ruroken

md1 wrote:

what about the ping?

Dude, seriously stop asking the same questions. You've asked this more than 20 times.

#160 November 25 2011

Dirol

Anybody experiencing high pings around 400-500ms from 1 am till 8 am with almost dead and slower than average connection speed?!

Last edited by Dirol (November 25 2011)

#161 November 27 2011

XhacK

Dirol wrote:

Anybody experiencing high pings around 400-500ms from 1 am till 8 am with almost dead and slower than average connection speed?!

YES! it's been like this for two days now!!!

#162 November 27 2011

Dirol

XhacK wrote:
Dirol wrote:

YES! it's been like this for two days now!!!

After contacting Sodetel technical support, i was told that they had a connection issue from Ogero and checking with it...

Last edited by Dirol (November 27 2011)

#163 November 27 2011

AvoK95

People check your quota when you download at midnight , they seem to be taking traffic.

#164 November 30 2011

ghaith

Sorry in advance for asking what i assume was asked before
I'm thinking of taking Sodetel's 4Mb package. But i'm concerned about speed stability in unlimited times, and their Fair Usage policy. How bad is the 2GB/night policy? I'm a heavy downloader, so there might be days where i pass the 2GB. So what happens at then? How slow will it get, and how long to I have to wait for it to reset to normal.
Are there any users in Dora area? I'm currently with terranet and at night their speed sucks, i have about 200kbps till 1 am.  They are promising better speeds next week, but from experience, everybody lies :) So is the sodetel move worth the risk or not?
Thanks

#165 November 30 2011

AvoK95

ghaith wrote:

Sorry in advance for asking what i assume was asked before
I'm thinking of taking Sodetel's 4Mb package. But i'm concerned about speed stability in unlimited times, and their Fair Usage policy. How bad is the 2GB/night policy? I'm a heavy downloader, so there might be days where i pass the 2GB. So what happens at then? How slow will it get, and how long to I have to wait for it to reset to normal.
Are there any users in Dora area? I'm currently with terranet and at night their speed sucks, i have about 200kbps till 1 am.  They are promising better speeds next week, but from experience, everybody lies :) So is the sodetel move worth the risk or not?
Thanks

I live in Dora, and I don't think your line will handle the 4Mb package, you're forced get the 2Mb package.
I am also a heavy downloader, and the download speeds are very stable. 180/215Kbps at normal times and it's still stable at midnight. When you get FUP-d your speed will not be less then 70Kbps (At least it never to me yet).

#166 December 18 2011

AVOlio

Guys,im thinking about applying to the DSL 2MB package from Sodetel. And i got me a few questions:
1.How much is the down payment for the application? Phone line,setup,installation
2.Is it necessary to buy one of their routers? I already have a DSL router
         Now concerning the download speed:
3.What is the average transfer rate during the whole day with the 2mb package?
4.And during the night traffic, does that speed get lower ??
5.Also during the night traffic,is it really unlimited?! Or after a few big downloads,the speed reduces alooot ?! And it stays like that for days...??

#167 December 19 2011

Dirol

Hey:
Look on sodetel's website: Set up & installation fees: Start up for $0.
I called them like a month ago and they said that: you only pay for the ADSL Modem router which its price has been reduced to $55 and in case you have one, i don't know. (Ask them )
Anyway, if you want to go with them just make sure to WATCH out for any 'hidden expenses' of subscription offer fees because, for instance, that offer may be enforced for several months or a whole year and if you dislike the connection then you are stuck!

I'm not sure regarding the speed ,ping/latency ,and other stuff you asked about because i haven't monitored those precisely. Maybe other users can help you.

Last edited by Dirol (December 19 2011)

#168 December 20 2011

MasterBatata

Did anyone with an fixed IP get a call from sodetel to tell you that the only new packages for Fixed IP is 2mb and 1mb for 95$ and 65$ respectively? That is a major ripoff

#169 December 20 2011

Dirol

MasterBatata wrote:

Did anyone with an fixed IP get a call from sodetel to tell you that the only new packages for Fixed IP is 2mb and 1mb for 95$ and 65$ respectively? That is a major ripoff

Looooooooool. Tell me what is your ping? I've checked my ping for 3 days at night and morning where for the first is fine but for the latter, it sometimes reaches high pings and even higher than old type connection before fiber-optics.
When i contacted them like 3 weeks ago due to disconnections, very high pings, and almost dead connection at night, i was told that they had a problem and ongoing fixing process, so I wonder if the current ping results are due to that problem in case unsolved fully yet or any other ones, or it has become like that without that problem or any other ones at their side :o.

Any idea what other ISPs' pings are?

Last edited by Dirol (December 21 2011)

#170 December 21 2011

MasterBatata

The ping is still normal below 180 i think till the next month nothing going to change with the packages.

#171 December 21 2011

Dirol

MasterBatata wrote:

The ping is still normal below 180 i think till the next month nothing going to change with the packages.

Every day and even at night 180 ms?

Wait: you mentioned that they said fixed ip for 1 Mb and 2 Mb only! Does this mean that if you subscribe to 4 Mb your ping will become better and stable low?! In case this is true then go for the 4 Mbs instead of paying extra fees. (Hence it is doubtful, for me).

Please guys, any 4 Mb subsribers experiencing high pings; above 200 ms?

Last edited by Dirol (December 21 2011)

#172 December 21 2011

AVOlio

Any  SODETEL user Online Gamers here ??!

If so, please tell us your experience with the games/lags you are having/not having ..

#173 December 21 2011

AvoK95

AVOlio wrote:

Any  SODETEL user Online Gamers here ??!

If so, please tell us your experience with the games/lags you are having/not having ..

I have played CSS online with some lag, my friend plays online via Xbox 360 and he told me he has no lag at all.

Dirol wrote:

Please guys, any 4 Mb subsribers experiencing high pings; above 200 ms?

I got 2M connection and my ping to Google is 700+

#174 December 22 2011

Sup3r

Guys is the connection stable at sodetel ?

#175 December 22 2011

GeorgeN

Guys is the connection stable at sodetel ?

I've never had a more stable connection in my life. My ping is 100% stable at 100ms. Never goes below that, never goes above that. I can go ahead and download every single night from 12 - 8, non stop, the speed will never go below 3,5 Mbps. And I can honestly say that i've pretty much never had a single DC, ever. Maybe 2 second outages now and then, that's as badly as I can put it

Board footer