LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1701 July 22 2017

Duath

Re: Feedback for Sodetel

6476254638.png

this just happened

#1702 July 22 2017

Toufic

Wow !!

Where is that  (Area) ?

Word is that on the 25th of July ISP will start/initiate rolling out plans and upgrades so timing wise it makes sense.

#1703 July 22 2017

Duath

Toufic wrote:

Wow !!

Where is that  (Area) ?

Word is that on the 25th of July ISP will start/initiate rolling out plans and upgrades so timing wise it makes sense.

Dora area

#1704 July 22 2017

omar_killer

test

I also got upgraded from 8mbps to 10.5 mbps (reaching 11mbps)

Planning to re-wire my phone line.

#1705 July 22 2017

Ahmad Toutounji

omar_killer wrote:

http://beta.speedtest.net/result/6476643473.png

re-wiring my phone line did me harm rather than good it increased my line attenuation by 3db, if your line is stable then don't re-wire

#1706 July 22 2017

omar_killer

Ahmad Toutounji wrote:
omar_killer wrote:

re-wiring my phone line did me harm rather than good it increased my line attenuation by 3db, if your line is stable then don't re-wire

Hmm but I think that I can get better speed, I'm about 900 meters away from the CO (Sakiet el janzir). Speaking of line attenuation, my line attenuation was 18 two weeks ago (and as long as I remember) recently it it's changing a lot from 18 to 20 currently it's 19.5. I thought line attenuation should be constant?

#1707 July 22 2017

Ahmad Toutounji

omar_killer wrote:
Ahmad Toutounji wrote:
omar_killer wrote:

Hmm but I think that I can get better speed, I'm about 900 meters away from the CO (Sakiet el janzir). Speaking of line attenuation, my line attenuation was 18 two weeks ago (and as long as I remember) recently it it's changing a lot from 18 to 20 currently it's 19.5. I thought line attenuation should be constant?

Then the problem is not from my end , line attenuation should be stable

#1708 July 22 2017

Adnan

Nothing yet in Tripoli.

UPDATE: image.jpg

4Mbps plan. Modem was syncing on 4300kbps but I bumped it to 6Megs. Unstable for gaming but great for downloading. I'll switch between the speeds accordingly.

Last edited by Adnan (July 22 2017)

#1709 July 22 2017

mikasa

nothing yet in salim slem
FluxBB bbcode test

#1710 July 23 2017

Flakk

speedtest
Jdeideh area

#1711 July 24 2017

roy

customer service let it slip that they upped some speeds a week ago and that the new plans will be 'turned on' starting august 1

#1712 July 24 2017

Adnan

I'm experiencing downgrades to 2Mbps often times. Then it'd open speed again, and so on.

I'm on 4Mbps originally.

#1713 July 31 2017

Duath

6499282717.png

Anyone else experiencing slow speeds ?

#1714 July 31 2017

elserge82

No unlimited night traffic in new plans??:O

#1715 July 31 2017

Ahmad Toutounji

elserge82 wrote:

No unlimited night traffic in new plans??:O

In the internet general questions someone said it's going to be available in september

#1716 July 31 2017

Flakk

I called them today and they confirmed that there will be no unlimited night traffic.

#1717 July 31 2017

nefe_lpmk

On sodetel Facebook page:

Jack Saab Sodetel SAL Bring back ultimate night, payed option if necessary
Sodetel SAL: Hello Jack, there will be optional unlimited night traffic we will annouce it once the price is set.

Ashraf: Sodetel SAL it will be this month the optional unlimited night traffic ?
Sodetel SAL: Hello Ashraf, coming month :) Yes !We will inform you once the price is set.

#1718 August 1 2017

FadZ

OS-100GB first day
Near Nabatieh
6503972009.png

Last edited by FadZ (August 1 2017)

#1719 August 2 2017

Flakk

I sent them a message on FB asking about the unlimited night option and this was their answer :

Hello, the unlimited free night traffic will be optional with additional fees, we will inform you once the fees is set.

So we are in luck, lets wait and see.

#1720 August 9 2017

Adnan

How about we share how our quotas are getting BURNED now that we're open speed and with no unlimited night traffic ?

Here's our family of 5 burning almost the whole old quota (45GB) and we're still not even done with the 9th yet !

sodetelusage.png

#1721 August 9 2017

Draguen

Adnan wrote:

How about we share how our quotas are getting BURNED now that we're open speed and with no unlimited night traffic ?

Here's our family of 5 burning almost the whole old quota (45GB) and we're still not even done with the 9th yet !

http://image.ibb.co/bYGqGa/sodetelusage.png

Frankly, this was to be expected. i'd advise you to artificially limit your router connection speed so you don't end up hundreds of dollars as a bonus to your bill mainly because someone checks 1080p videos on youtube.

goodluck

Last edited by Draguen (August 9 2017)

#1722 August 9 2017

stief96

My modem syncs max speed 15-18 Mbps,but speed tests shows locally 12 Mbps and to foreign server 5.5 Mbps.
DEO76pY.png.
KMI1TEh.jpg
ZvXVyFR.jpg
Funny thing i was on 8Mbps plan and upgraded to max speed.
Tested an Iptv channels and they always freeze,but on my friend's 2Mbps ogero worked like charm.
So definitly time to switch to Ogero

#1723 August 9 2017

Adnan

Draguen wrote:
Adnan wrote:

http://image.ibb.co/bYGqGa/sodetelusage.png

Frankly, this was to be expected. i'd advise you to artificially limit your router connection speed so you don't end up hundreds of dollars as a bonus to your bill mainly because someone checks 1080p videos on youtube.

goodluck

Thanks for the advice. However the problem mainly lies in "heavy" content.
When you calculate it ...
100GB / 31 days / 5 people = 645MB / day / person

645MB is more than enough for casual browsing. Now add to that YouTube, you're on the edge.

We live in an era where the Internet isn't only about casual browsing and watching a few videos. We have to download big software updates, want to watch our favorite series (and I'm not gonna watch sub-720p content on a 40" screen), game updates, phone backups, etc.

It's also a little sad to set your Youtube videos to 480p when you see it automatically being set at 1080p.

شم و ما تدوق

Last edited by Adnan (August 9 2017)

#1724 August 10 2017

FadZ

I'm still getting the same speed of ~1.5mbps, so we've got a balanced quota consumption lol
yK48vZ9.png

#1725 August 10 2017

mikasa

shit
6528090567.png

QxtSnhL.png

Last edited by mikasa (August 10 2017)

Board footer