LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1626 October 26 2015

bogdan22

Re: Feedback for Sodetel

Is there a way to reduce Lag and play battlefield properly, I'm on sodetel and tried to improve through portforwarding from EA website but failed to do so. Any advice?

#1627 October 26 2015

AVOlio

The only way is to change ISP, if you are with sodetel.
What game do you play?

#1628 October 29 2015

bogdan22

AVOlio wrote:

What game do you play?

I usually play other games like planetside 2 with no lag, and for the first few days bf4 was smooth. Even with 200-300ms ping. But recently even with 120ms ping it lags.

#1629 October 29 2015

AVOlio

bogdan22 wrote:
AVOlio wrote:

What game do you play?

I usually play other games like planetside 2 with no lag, and for the first few days bf4 was smooth. Even with 200-300ms ping. But recently even with 120ms ping it lags.

You wont experience smooth gameplay unless you have Ogero.
You call 200-300ms smooth in BF4? Dont you realize that it takes some time for your kill feed to come up in the middle of your screen,after you kill someone?

Whats your gamertag in BF4 ?

#1630 October 30 2015

bogdan22

AVOlio wrote:
bogdan22 wrote:
AVOlio wrote:

What game do you play?

You call 200-300ms smooth in BF4? Dont you realize that it takes some time for your kill feed to come up in the middle of your screen,after you kill someone?

I said even with 300ms the game didn't lag. Now even when my ping is 100 it lags. Anyway my tag  is bogdan_abadi.

#1631 October 30 2015

Georges00

bogdan22 wrote:
AVOlio wrote:
bogdan22 wrote:

I said even with 300ms the game didn't lag. Now even when my ping is 100 it lags. Anyway my tag  is bogdan_abadi.

Check your packet loss

#1632 November 2 2015

Moudimadi

Hello guys, since 2 weeks im experiencing horrible pings specially at night! my ping to facebook is between 800 ms and 2000 to 3000 ms sometimes! even though i changed my old modem router and bought a new one yesterday. Still the same! I called sodetel 3 or 4 times, they're saying that it's a modem problem and im pretty sure it's not! Anyone can help? Thank you :)

Last edited by Moudimadi (November 2 2015)

#1633 November 3 2015

Totoro

I've always wondered, what can Sodetel do to fix their countless problems? Or at least give their customers what they pay for?

Also, do you think they know there are 66 pages about them with almost no positive feedback?

#1634 November 10 2015

Jadcham

Sodetel has a 16 mbits down and 2 mbits up plan with unlimited quota at night. Is it reliable?

#1635 November 10 2015

MrElie

@jadcham depends on how far you are from the ogero central. I was renting a house that was 800 meters away from the central and i took the 16 mb and it was quite nice. The latency obviously wont be much different but the connection is quite nice compared to other dsl .

i could download 40 GB in one night easy :)

#1636 November 12 2015

ralphbr

Guys,
I am experiencing a lot of disconnections, suddenly the internet light on the router turns red. I restart the router and everything goes back to normal.And this is happening a lot during the day and the night. I can't even download at night due to this issue.

Is this happening to any of you?
Does anyone know a solution for this problem?

I really doubt it is a router issue.

#1637 November 22 2015

Sup3r

What's with the sodetel ads campaign, from the comments I think it's not a reliable ISP.

#1638 November 22 2015

nosense

Sup3r wrote:

What's with the sodetel ads campaign, from the comments I think it's not a reliable ISP.

They are desperate

#1639 November 22 2015

MAD

aliessayli2 wrote:
Sup3r wrote:

They are desperate

100% they are loosing their customers because of the bad service/support they have

#1640 November 26 2015

Totoro

I'm fed up with them and their greed!! I see all these ads on the street and it makes me angry.
I spent a lot of time playing games that require good latency - CSGO Ranked, LoL and especially World of Warcraft PvP - I can't keep going on with this terrible ISP.

I'm thinking of switching to Ogero because you guys sort of recommend them, the only con I see is their support which is quite slow I believe.
I was wondering if you guys could recommend a package I could purchase from Ogero or other ISPs, I'm looking for 90-100 ms and fair download speed (enough to play a 480p video without interruption at least).

#1641 November 26 2015

Georges00

Totoro wrote:

I'm fed up with them and their greed!! I see all these ads on the street and it makes me angry.
I spent a lot of time playing games that require good latency - CSGO Ranked, LoL and especially World of Warcraft PvP - I can't keep going on with this terrible ISP.

I'm thinking of switching to Ogero because you guys sort of recommend them, the only con I see is their support which is quite slow I believe.
I was wondering if you guys could recommend a package I could purchase from Ogero or other ISPs, I'm looking for 90-100 ms and fair download speed (enough to play a 480p video without interruption at least).

Ogero Unlimited Plan if you can afford it since it's 50$
As far as I know, they do not have unlimited night quota so keep that in mind

#1642 December 1 2015

Totoro

Ogero Unlimited Plan if you can afford it since it's 50$
As far as I know, they do not have unlimited night quota so keep that in mind

It's what people have been recommending so far but what about the ping with the unlimited plan?
If someone could give me the ping range and its stability i'd be grateful.

#1643 December 6 2015

shady282

is Sodetel really that bad compared to other ISPs such as IDM ? i m currently switching providers and i m kinda thinking about sodetel for a speed of 4mbps 25gb.. any recommendations ?

#1644 December 6 2015

AVOlio

shady282 wrote:

is Sodetel really that bad compared to other ISPs such as IDM ? i m currently switching providers and i m kinda thinking about sodetel for a speed of 4mbps 25gb.. any recommendations ?

Don't you Dare!

Well that's if you care about ping.
And i even think the speeds are shit with them.
Just don't.

#1645 December 6 2015

hkbazzi

go to ogero and get the 2mb unlimited it's the smartest and most reliable connection out there.

#1646 December 6 2015

shady282

hkbazzi wrote:

go to ogero and get the 2mb unlimited it's the smartest and most reliable connection out there.

this plan is kinda expensive and i m not a heavy user, 40GB is way over my usage need, all i do is browsing, youtube, twitter and few torrents if needed, that is why i was thinking of a higher speed than 2mb for a smooth experience.

#1647 December 6 2015

Adnan

I'm a Sodetel user and my ping has been decent for the past two years now to be honest, I'm also quite satisfied with the speed except for a few hours during the free period. I've had my fair share of ping problems with them though in the past, I can't guarantee anything.

Average ping to Google: 65ms
Average ping to lebgeeks.com: 52ms
Average ping to cnet.com (located in the USA): 275ms

I play COD on PS4 and most of the time it's 3 out of 4 bars. Though maybe if they get more users it'll become worse so go with Ogero? Just kidding.

I also have a public IP with Sodetel, whereas all users of IDM I've encountered have private ones.

Last edited by Adnan (December 6 2015)

#1648 December 7 2015

shady282

Adnan wrote:

I'm a Sodetel user and my ping has been decent for the past two years now to be honest, I'm also quite satisfied with the speed except for a few hours during the free period. I've had my fair share of ping problems with them though in the past, I can't guarantee anything.

Average ping to Google: 65ms
Average ping to lebgeeks.com: 52ms
Average ping to cnet.com (located in the USA): 275ms

I play COD on PS4 and most of the time it's 3 out of 4 bars. Though maybe if they get more users it'll become worse so go with Ogero? Just kidding.

I also have a public IP with Sodetel, whereas all users of IDM I've encountered have private ones.

hey, what do you mean by public or private IP ? ..and would  you mind if  you can share your plan ? and how much speed do  you actually receive during the day and the free time ? would be appreciated.

I spoke with customer service about their speed and told me that they deliver the FULL speed as the plan and the limited plans don't have FUP only unlimited ? is it true ? your experience ?

Thanks

#1649 December 7 2015

Adnan

Having a public IP implies that you're not behind a NAT from your ISP so you can play with ports freely. It also means that you can access your router from the Internet without having to ask the ISP to do NAT forwarding. These are the main interests.

I have the 4Mbps 45GB GREEN plan.

As for the speed details I don't have much but it's around 3.5Mbps. During the free period it can go down to 1Mbps especially around 2am. But it comes back to normal rather quickly as far as I saw. Yesterday I was watching YouTube around 1am until 2:30 and all the videos were streaming in 720 to 1080p.

Important note: I don't suck the bandwidth dry during the free period as some people do, you might experience FUP if you do so. My big downloads during the free time are usually game updates for the PS4 which don't come out very frequently.

Last edited by Adnan (December 7 2015)

#1650 December 7 2015

shady282

Adnan wrote:

Having a public IP implies that you're not behind a NAT from your ISP so you can play with ports freely. It also means that you can access your router from the Internet without having to ask the ISP to do NAT forwarding. These are the main interests.

I have the 4Mbps 45GB GREEN plan.

As for the speed details I don't have much but it's around 3.5Mbps. During the free period it can go down to 1Mbps especially around 2am. But it comes back to normal rather quickly as far as I saw. Yesterday I was watching YouTube around 1am until 2:30 and all the videos were streaming in 720 to 1080p.

Important note: I don't suck the bandwidth dry during the free period as some people do, you might experience FUP if you do so. My big downloads during the free time are usually game updates for the PS4 which don't come out very frequently.

oh okay thanks !

Board footer