LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#126 October 31 2011

Mhmd

Re: Feedback for Sodetel

hehehe you're the owner of the first card printed by sodetel alimans3

#127 November 1 2011

Razorback

Let the record show that this result was submitted on the morning of November 1st 2011:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1566707861.png

(Sodetel 4Mbps/15 GB)

#128 November 1 2011

Aly

Sodetel users check your account in dslinfo.sodetel.net.lb they made a stupid mistake, by giving us 6, 10, 15 & 25 MB instead of GB, I was checking this morning and it was already over quota by 29 MB
Now they reseted the counters but the MB bug is still there.

#129 November 1 2011

Razorback

Yes, I did notice that but the bug is gone now, mine indicates 15 GB.

#130 November 1 2011

ghaith

I didnt' read the entire thread so don't know if this has been discussed but i called sodetel to see if i would move to them and they told me they dont' have unlimited by night anymore. So i guess the 15GB is pretty much useless if they're giving us a 4MB speed

#131 November 1 2011

thegodfatherdany

I am thinking of changing ISp. Which Isp serves the largest quota for less than 30$ ? Thanks.

#132 November 1 2011

Ruroken

ghaith wrote:

I didnt' read the entire thread so don't know if this has been discussed but i called sodetel to see if i would move to them and they told me they dont' have unlimited by night anymore. So i guess the 15GB is pretty much useless if they're giving us a 4MB speed

Hmmm, maybe it's related to where you're living and the telephone post. For example, in Bshamoun, there are no unlimited night traffic, yet in Beirut there is. So it depends. But their official packages include unlimited night traffic.

#133 November 1 2011

alimans3

HORAY I HAVE 4M SPEED :
1567179327.png
but ping still somehow high

#134 November 1 2011

AvoK95

SO IS MINE! but to 2MB
1567250382.png
my pings are even higher

#135 November 2 2011

toxic

did anyone ping go up extremely high ????

1568644481.png

my ping was in the 100's like 122 - 150 before the update  in the speeds

#136 November 2 2011

Ruroken

1568158498.png

This is my ping and speed last night at 1 am. It was good before midnight, but after midnight it turned into this. By the way, i'm on the 4mb plan.

Last edited by Ruroken (November 2 2011)

#137 November 2 2011

SpriGunMAn

I have a 4 MB connection too and i have the same shitty problem.
At 12 the connection suddenly dropped ( while i was playing pes 12 online) :S
Honestly if it will be dropped every night then I will check my other options.
I knew that the price/speed was too good to be true.

#138 November 2 2011

Ruroken

The problem is that other options are sucking as well. Terranet have so far proved to be unethical as they promised certain quota and delivered something else. IDM has been unstable so far. The one thing that i'm certain of is that the speed increased and went back to 4mb during the night, not sure when, but most probably after 2am.

SpriGun: On a side note, are you enjoying pes 12 online? suffering from a tiny bit of lag?

#139 November 2 2011

SpriGunMAn

Ruroken: are u sure that other ISPs suck? I have a couple of my friends with IDM and some are with cyberia that seem satisfied.I will double check with them.

As for PES 12 when i started playing i did not notice the lag , it is a huge improvement from when i tried pes 11 online.But it seems i need some training as I am loosing a lot of matches:P

#140 November 2 2011

Ruroken

Well i am basing my information on people posting on lebgeeks. Cyberia doesn't offer unlimited night traffic (as far as i know) and IDM users here have been complaining as of late.

As for pes 12, i agree with you that the online this year is way better, but i can still feel that 0.5 seconds lag that is essential when playing a football game, essential for those split second decisions or moves, if you know what i mean. The gameplay is harder than last year, especially defending, i've been scoring a lot yet conceding a lot as well. I've been winning and losing. Have you noticed that they all pick either barcelona, milan or real madrid?

#141 November 2 2011

SpriGunMAn

I am playing with milan , I am dribbling ok with PATO but my finishing in front of goals needs some tweaking.
Also I noticed that cassano is better than robinho so i am benching  robinho for cassano
As for defending , you are right , I am getting goals from messi like hammering rain where he beats all my defence and scores.
I will check some tips online when i have time

#142 November 2 2011

Ruroken

Since we're getting off topic, i sent you a pm so we can discuss the pes12 matter there :)

#143 November 5 2011

Ruroken

The stupidity is overwhelming. On the 1st of November, i downloaded something at 7 am, taking into consideration that unlimited night trafffic is not from 12 till 8. After i'm done i find out that the thing i downloaded has been deducted from quota, which means starting from 7 am the unlimited stops. I talk to the support and they fixed my problem. Tonight, 4 days after that incident, the same thing happens again. I mean i don't get them, if they want to change the time for the unlimited then just change it, its not that hard. But so far i think it's either 11-7 or 12-7. Very confusing from Sodetel.

#144 November 5 2011

AvoK95

Ruroken wrote:

The stupidity is overwhelming. On the 1st of November, i downloaded something at 7 am, taking into consideration that unlimited night trafffic is not from 12 till 8. After i'm done i find out that the thing i downloaded has been deducted from quota, which means starting from 7 am the unlimited stops. I talk to the support and they fixed my problem. Tonight, 4 days after that incident, the same thing happens again. I mean i don't get them, if they want to change the time for the unlimited then just change it, its not that hard. But so far i think it's either 11-7 or 12-7. Very confusing from Sodetel.

keep calling them for support
eventually they will fix it so that you don't bother them
also did you try resetting your modem at 12AM ?

Last edited by AvoK95 (November 5 2011)

#145 November 5 2011

Ruroken

Yes, i called them, sent them an email, and they will fix it.
I think i tried restarting it couple of days ago but didn't change much. At midnight, the connection suffers a lot until around 2 am.

#146 November 5 2011

bouda

So how can someone know in which zone they are ? any ideas?

* Zone 1: MoT / Ogero
** Zone 2: Sodetel DSP

I belong to Antelias CO.

#147 November 5 2011

md1
Banned

bouda wrote:

So how can someone know in which zone they are ? any ideas?

* Zone 1: MoT / Ogero
** Zone 2: Sodetel DSP

I belong to Antelias CO.

you should call sodetel to know .

#148 November 7 2011

Ruroken

Anyone experiencing slow internet this morning? Accompanied with high latency.

#149 November 7 2011

GreenM

Ruroken wrote:

Anyone experiencing slow internet this morning? Accompanied with high latency.

yup Cyberia here

Last edited by GreenM (November 7 2011)

#150 November 7 2011

Ruroken

Guess sodetel's support were right when they told me that there is an internet problem all over Lebanon regardless of which ISP.

Board footer