LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#76 October 25 2011

SpriGunMAn

Re: Feedback for Sodetel

well that just sucks.
That means i cannot download stuff overnight and they will drop my speed.
I will check with them about this.

#77 October 25 2011

Ruroken

It depends how much you download. Some people tend to download 7gb every night and i think in this case it's inevitable that this policy will apply.

Last edited by Ruroken (October 25 2011)

#78 October 25 2011

TheIlluminative

Guys, what the upload speed for the 2M plan?

@SpriGunMAn: choose your plan from here : dslpopup.sodetel.net.lb/switch.php

I just copied the link from Ruroken's screenshot.

#79 October 25 2011

Mhmd

for those who chose their plans, did your qouta change directly ??
I have a 4 Mbps speed but I didnt choose any plan yet and my qouta is still 8 GB !

#80 October 25 2011

Ziad87

Can you guys see the 8 Mbps plan in the list of options? I only see the 1, 2, and 4 Mbps plans.

Last edited by Ziad87 (October 25 2011)

#81 October 25 2011

Ruroken

Mhmd wrote:

for those who chose their plans, did your qouta change directly ??
I have a 4 Mbps speed but I didnt choose any plan yet and my qouta is still 8 GB !

They stated that these new packages will start from November 1st, so the change in quota will happen then.

@Ziad: I can see the 8Mb plan only in the website page and not in the account page. Check it from the main website.

#82 October 25 2011

Dirol

It really sucks!  Unlimited Night traffic starts at 12 Am (11 Am was better) who's gonna sit at 12 for online gaming, voice chat or video conferences!. Bullsh*t.

Look @ IDM: They they have 2 plans for 2 Mbps. Are we goning back to watch youtube videos and monitor the capacity! (Same sh*t.. different smell).

Last edited by Dirol (November 24 2011)

#83 October 25 2011

Dirol

Ruroken wrote:

It depends how much you download. Some people tend to download 7gb every night and i think in this case it's inevitable that this policy will apply.

Totally illogical. Let's say i'm currently on 4 Mbps plan and if i wana download something, like windows 8 trial, assuming its size is 6GB and may finish from 12AM till 8AM. They will kill my conn speed right?!

Last edited by Dirol (October 25 2011)

#84 October 25 2011

Ruroken

I don't think it sucks at all. I play online games and i've never worried about it consuming all my quota. As for downloads, i have a scheduler that i can use. The huge difference between IDM and Sodetel is the price. I'm paying $44 for 4Mb, nothing on IDM's side can beat that and that's what matters to me. The 12am issue is not even a worry to me.

#85 October 25 2011

Dirol

For the price, you are right and you changed my mind , but it is about downloads and watching videos especially the ones with HD resolutions. They consume much with the new speeds. For me, i don't want headaches and run schedules for downloads ,like before, within the unlimited night trafic period and be worried about downloading 7GB programs. I just want to download whatever i want in the unlimited night traffic.

Your 4 Mbps is suitable for your case but for 2 Mbps users, IDM has 2 Mbps plan with different GBs which is better than Sodetel :E.

#86 October 25 2011

Dirol

Dirol wrote:

Look @ IDM: They did NOT mention any fair usage policies

Let me correct myself: @IDM: Unlimited download between 23:00 - 07:00am where available and under certain conditions.

Seemingly they do have Fair Usage Policy too.

#87 October 25 2011

Dirol

SpriGunMAn wrote:

well that just sucks.
That means i cannot download stuff overnight and they will drop my speed.
I will check with them about this.

Frankly, somehow i can say same sh*t different smell again and again.
Shared upload and download of 10 GBs which means 1 GB of involuntarily uploads will be added.
If you wana upload videos and stuff, more minuses to the shared capacity.

Law el connection in lebanon 10G instead of 3.9G, lah etdal maskhara menwara akil al hawa....hinih wil capacity makino ya3irfo yzabtowa...sa7ee7 balad 'fogor', means bokhol bil falasteni

Last edited by Dirol (November 24 2011)

#88 October 25 2011

Hybrid

I have cyberia 2mbps connection, and if I try and download that 6GB you're mentioning during or not during unlimited, the connection will get disconnected and i get FUPed for 4 days, with a 128 kbps connection

#89 October 25 2011

Dirol

That may explain why i sometimes i feel the connection fluctuates. Maybe WE should wait till the first of November to confirm that.

Last edited by Dirol (October 26 2011)

#90 October 25 2011

GeorgeN

Yep it's true they realized that if they did remove unlimited downloads it would knock them out of the competition zone. Basically they were going for a consistent quality connection, but they realized most people just want to know they wont run out of quota while being able to download a lot.

And Ruroken I hope your ping jumped back down to 98ms like mine did in these last 2 days ;)

#91 October 25 2011

Dirol

AvoK95 wrote:

just applied for the 10GB 2MB subscription
i really hope that the 10GB is shared between download and upload and NOT split in half as it was before

in your case yes but isn't it just better if it is 10Gb up and 10GB down instead?!

#92 October 25 2011

AvoK95

Dirol wrote:
AvoK95 wrote:

just applied for the 10GB 2MB subscription
i really hope that the 10GB is shared between download and upload and NOT split in half as it was before

in your case yes but isn't it just better if it is 10Gb up and 10GB down instead?!

DEFINITELY !

#93 October 25 2011

TheIlluminative

Currently I have the 1M plan. The download/upload is 6GB for each (not shared). I have no idea why they would change it for next month.

#94 October 25 2011

bahaa.k

I'm have the 512 mbps package; the speed is still 0.5 but my quotas went up to 8 GB download AND 8 GB upload !

#95 October 26 2011

MegaCool

bahaa.k wrote:

I'm have the 512 mbps package; the speed is still 0.5 but my quotas went up to 8 GB download AND 8 GB upload !

nice

#96 October 26 2011

thegodfatherdany

TheIlluminative wrote:

Currently I have the 1M plan. The download/upload is 6GB for each (not shared). I have no idea why they would change it for next month.

I have too 1mb sodetel and with 6up and 6 down. But now it is for both 6 so wtf! When i had 256kb, i surpassed my download limit and now what would happen with a 1mb connection?!

#97 October 26 2011

Dirol

bahaa.k wrote:

It is still as 'ADSL-512-Sod' in my account profile but with 8GBs upload and download, faster connection, and better ping.

Last edited by Dirol (October 26 2011)

#98 October 26 2011

Ice

I used to have the 256 Kbps package (3GB up/3GB down). I got upgraded to 1 Mbps with 6GB up+6 GB down and now they're going to make it 6GB shared? :S
I'm going to switch to IDM. They're offering a better quota (10GB shared) for almost the same price and their free night traffic starts one hour earlier than Sodetel's.

EDIT: I'm gonna stay with sodetel after all. :) I chose the 2M/10 GB package.
1561634517.png

Last edited by Ice (October 29 2011)

#99 October 28 2011

alimans3

After requesting 4m 15gb (dslpopup.sodetel.net.lb/switch.php) plan they sent me message and updated my profile with the new package and that as of november 1st my account will be upgraded:
capturetiw.jpg
img1292.png

#100 October 28 2011

Mhmd

@alimans3 how can you get 13 gb download and 1 gb upload ??
did you buy refill cards or you consumed bytes from your upload ?

Board footer