LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#5751 last month

Mayyad

Re: Internet in Lebanon - General Questions

Hi
My friend has a strange problem with Ogero DSL.
After successfully programmed the TPlink modem by ogero, he plugs the modem in his house and there was no dsl, called ogero and they told him to try the modem at his neighbor's house, he tries it at his neighbor's house and it is working, try his neighbor's modem (different brand) in his house and also working, try again his modem in his house he has no success.
Does anyone have a clue on what is happening?

Last edited by Mayyad (last month)

#5752 2 weeks ago

AvoK95

Anyone know an ISP that is providing decent stable internet in Dawra area? Looking for something unlimited.

Mayyad wrote:

Hi
My friend has a strange problem with Ogero DSL.
After successfully programmed the TPlink modem by ogero, he plugs the modem in his house and there was no dsl, called ogero and they told him to try the modem at his neighbor's house, he tries it at his neighbor's house and it is working, try his neighbor's modem (different brand) in his house and also working, try again his modem in his house he has no success.
Does anyone have a clue on what is happening?

check the filter and wires to the filter, seems like there is a poor connection somewhere.

#5753 3 days ago

Scode99

Hello all, I have a limited plan at my house and my garage. My house quota has ended. Does anyone have any idea If i can put in my garages’ ppoe account on my modem at home and use my garage internet quota from home?
Thank You

#5754 3 days ago

Salloum

The quota is linked to the DSL number and not to the modem

#5755 3 days ago

AvoK95

I think the PPPoE won't connect unless it's connected to the same phone line, If you have any way to get a phone line wire from your garage to your house, you could use it like that, otherwise, you can't use it.

Unless you know someone at Ogero who can temporarily switch the L numbers for you. (Needs very strong wasta)

#5756 2 days ago

vengeance666

AvoK95 wrote:

I think the PPPoE won't connect unless it's connected to the same phone line, If you have any way to get a phone line wire from your garage to your house, you could use it like that, otherwise, you can't use it.

Unless you know someone at Ogero who can temporarily switch the L numbers for you. (Needs very strong wasta)

It works, you can even use your neighbors PPPOE on your own phone line. For example take your neighbors PPPOE and put in your modem, it works and usage will be billed on them. It even works even if they have their modem on inside their home, means a PPPOE account can be active in more than one place at a time. There is absolutely 0 security regarding this, that's why you should always be careful that nobody ever gets hold of your modem credentials because possibly he would extract the PPPOE user and password and use them to do big downloads "for free". It even works cross ISP, for example if you are an ogero subscriber and you use a cyberia PPPOE, it works too but the speed will be limited/slower than ogero.

#5757 2 days ago

Beta0

vengeance666 wrote:
AvoK95 wrote:

It works, you can even use your neighbors PPPOE on your own phone line. For example take your neighbors PPPOE and put in your modem, it works and usage will be billed on them. It even works even if they have their modem on inside their home, means a PPPOE account can be active in more than one place at a time. There is absolutely 0 security regarding this, that's why you should always be careful that nobody ever gets hold of your modem credentials because possibly he would extract the PPPOE user and password and use them to do big downloads "for free". It even works cross ISP, for example if you are an ogero subscriber and you use a cyberia PPPOE, it works too but the speed will be limited/slower than ogero.

Funny, I had 2 ADSL lines, and that did not work.

#5758 2 days ago

vengeance666

Beta0 wrote:
vengeance666 wrote:
AvoK95 wrote:

You can't do it on the same line in the same house at the same time. You probably misunderstood what I'm saying. You have to change the PPPOE user and password on your modem, you can't have 2 different modems connected at the same time in your house.

#5759 2 days ago

Beta0

vengeance666 wrote:
Beta0 wrote:
vengeance666 wrote:

You can't do it on the same line in the same house at the same time. You probably misunderstood what I'm saying. You have to change the PPPOE user and password on your modem, you can't have 2 different modems connected at the same time in your house.

I've got two phone lines, they're obviously not connected to the same line, ADSL doesn't sync like that.
I had IDM on one, and Ogero on the other btw.

Last edited by Beta0 (2 days ago)

Board footer