LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 January 17

infiniteloop

Starz electric TVs, trustworthy?

Hello
Anyone bought a TV from Starz electric?
If yes how's their TVs, any fault? Do they respect their warranty?
I am thinking on getting an oled from them

#2 last month

zizo99

Re: Starz electric TVs, trustworthy?

infiniteloop wrote:

Hello
If yes how's their TVs, any fault? Do they respect their warranty ?

please don't say that you did buy from them?!

Their products are not new. They are open-box, defective TVs. (despite the claim their products are brand new)

I bought a QLED TV last September, and it came with a small bend in the TV chassis.
I called them multiple times, they promised to fix it for me (they refused to exchange it)
However, I decided not to get it fixed because I didn't want to risk having the TV opened up by someone in Lebanon.
Despite the bend, the TV is still functioning well (so far)

And btw the guy who talks to you on WhatsApp is very rude (I can share my WhatsApp chat with him if you like)

أنا أكلت الضرب
but at least the TV is working fine and I got it for $700 while the retail price is like 2 times higher.

that's an image of the TV, you can notice the bend in the frame
https://imgur.com/a/rvIf9BB

Last edited by zizo99 (last month)

#3 4 weeks ago

bobo619

zizo99 wrote:
infiniteloop wrote:

Hello

Their products are not new. They are open-box, defective TVs. (despite the claim their products are brand new)

I bought a QLED TV last September, and it came with a small bend in the TV chassis.
I called them multiple times, they promised to fix it for me (they refused to exchange it)
However, I decided not to get it fixed because I didn't want to risk having the TV opened up by someone in Lebanon.

And btw the guy who talks to you on WhatsApp is very rude (I can share my WhatsApp chat with him if you like)

أنا أكلت الضرب
but at least the TV is working fine and I got it for $700 while the retail price is like 2 times higher.

Just out of curiosity didn t you notice the bend during installation or upon receiving the tv ?
I m not implying anything but the bend is significant and can be seen easily.
Anyways hope your enjoying the tv and everything else is working fine.

#4 4 weeks ago

Tech Guru

zizo99 wrote:
infiniteloop wrote:

Hello

أنا أكلت الضرب

Hello Mate,

At the end you are not getting a TV from CTC that is sealed and with a genuine warranty. You are getting one with a 40-50% price reduction vs a brand new one. Therefore, the embedded risk is there. The difference from one shop to another, that sells imported EU open stock, that some might be more clear by telling the fault in the tv before selling it.

I got a Qn90B 75" from a source different than Starz, it's working great for me till now.

#5 4 weeks ago

zizo99

bobo619 wrote:

Just out of curiosity didn t you notice the bend during installation or upon receiving the tv ?
I m not implying anything but the bend is significant and can be seen easily.
Anyways hope your enjoying the tv and everything else is working fine.

they don't have a showroom or a place you can check the product, they only deliver in a closed sealed box

Last edited by zizo99 (4 weeks ago)

#6 4 weeks ago

zizo99

Tech Guru wrote:

Hello Mate,

At the end you are not getting a TV from CTC that is sealed and with a genuine warranty. You are getting one with a 40-50% price reduction vs a brand new one. Therefore, the embedded risk is there. The difference from one shop to another, that sells imported EU open stock, that some might be more clear by telling the fault in the tv before selling it.

I got a Qn90B 75" from a source different than Starz, it's working great for me till now.

Yeah, I know. I was very skeptical about the price since it's, as you said, 40% less than the original price. However, the seller keeps insisting that his products are original and brand new in a box. I still have his voice chats with me.

Where did you get your TV from?

#7 Yesterday

zizo99

UPDATE:

I contacted them, and they agreed to replace the unit with a new one.
I will keep you informed about any updates.

Board footer