LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 last month

TokMe3HrsToSolveChallenge

Inverter Air Conditioners

Any recommendations on these "modern" ACs that consume sub 3 Amps? Summer is starting soon and I need to replace an old unit.

I heard Gree, Bosch, and General are good. Any other recommendations? Is one better than the other? Is there any meaningful difference in power consumption or performance between one brand or the other? And does anyone know their prices?

Thanks

#2 last month

sero

Re: Inverter Air Conditioners

I have a gree inverter AC installed 3 years ago.
Like you, i wanted an AC that consumes less than the regular ones.
Unfortunatly i did not research enough what an inverter is, and in my case there was no benifit of paying extra for it.

In big rooms and hot weather, the compressor kept working because it wasn't able to reach the set temp, hence the electric consumption was the same as a non-inverter AC.

So it highly depends where you live (mountains, city...), room size, temp, desired temp, and other factors.

#3 last month

ReadMe

Inverters almost always have higher COP so they are more effecient. Unless it's under 8k BTU.
They're also easier on solar systems as they start slowly, regular air conditioners pull 3x higher current for 1/4 second on start compared to running current.
Gree, Panasonic and General usually use the same parts in the outdoor unit (Sanyo/Samsung).

Mitsubishi electric (not heavy which is cheaper) has less model variations which makes repairs easier and they use their own compressors, they also have caulked twin rotary compressor for COP of 5+ which is almost half the usage of most ACs, but they're expensive.

Bonus: LG, they have a middle eastern series for setting the maximum current it can pull right from your remote control and is displayed: www.youtube(dot)com/watch?v=K-p-pqV4ye4
LG is riddled with problems from my experience though.

Last edited by ReadMe (last month)

#4 last month

nuclearcat

DNgn8A1.png
First graph consumption when indoors vs outdoor temp delta was approx 5-6C, second graph much hotter day.
Gree

Board footer