LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 February 22

Gambit

Paying Online with OMT card/Touch visa card

Hello everyone,
I'm currently trying to pay an application fee with an touch visa card that can be acquired via BLOM bank. The thing is I've been trying for some time and my payment seems to be getting rejected at all times. I contacted BLOM bank and they basically said that the problem is from the website you are trying to access. Has anybody experienced an issue similar to this and is there something to do about it?

#2 last month

TokMe3HrsToSolveChallenge

Re: Paying Online with OMT card/Touch visa card

Is it being rejected by the bank or by the website?

If by the bank (OMT/BLOM) then most likely that is due to insufficient funds. I.e. the application fee you're trying to pay is $100 and you have exactly $100 or less in your card (you would need to have more than what you need to pay as they charge $0.5 per transaction as far as I know).

It could also be rate limited, the default maximum expenditure per transaction is $1,000 for OMT cards unless you specify that you want it to be $10,000. The fee your paying might be more than the $1,000 limit.

If your getting an error from the website not a declined sms message from OMT/BLOM that means the website/gateway they use doesn't accept cards from Lebanon

#3 Yesterday

zizo99

Re: Paying Online with OMT card/Touch visa card

I have a Suyool card that is not accepted on every website. I am unsure if this issue is on our end, perhaps Lebanese visa cards do not meet the new standards or Lebanese cards have been blocked from certain websites.

Board footer