LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 August 10 2023

TheSavior111

DZS ZNID-GPON-2428A1-0GE Admin Login or Any way to bridge this modem

Hey guys,

After a long 6 years of waiting, we finally got fiber in our area. An Ogero guy came in, plopped in the modem and left. Before he left I asked for the admin credentials and he said should be at the bottom and literally was almost sprinting to leave.

It took me a bit of searching to figure out its user/user, and upon logging in, it was very disappointing as to how little you have access to. You can change the wireless configs, port forward (which is useless since we are CGNATed), and that's pretty much about everything you can do.

Took me a bit more research to realize that this is the user portal and there is actually another admin portal with its own credentials that gives you access to all the features which there is a ton of (you can also see them on youtube videos that go through this modem).

I contacted 1515, e-mailed them, twitter DMed them, and they all basically told me to pound sand. Looked up the default "admin/zhone" or "zhone/admin" and other logins and nothing works. Tried to telnet in which is up and running on the modem but also no defaults work.

I wanted to bridge my modem to my router that I already have with Open-WRT so I can use it's VPN, QoS and several advanced features, especially some bandwidth monitoring since we're on a limited plan. The modem has literally ZERO stats, it just shows stats per interface (WAN, LAN 1234, and WLAN 1 and 2) which is pretty fucking stupid if I'm trying to figure out which device is hogging data, its not like it matters since I can't even access QoS/bandwidth control.

So question is, anyone else with this modem that managed to get the login info for it from Ogero?

And if not is there a way to bridge the modem with what limited options I got? I could always set up the other router to actually route instead of being an access point (which is what I'm using it as now) but that will lead me to a lot of double NAT situations which isn't a great idea. I tried that out and it caused some minor issues with things that don't play nice with double NATs.

#2 August 11 2023

yasamoka

Re: DZS ZNID-GPON-2428A1-0GE Admin Login or Any way to bridge this modem

Did you try to send an email to systems@ogero.gov.lb for the credentials? They tend to provide these tidbits.

Last edited by yasamoka (August 11 2023)

#3 August 11 2023

nosense

They didn't give you a Huawei EchoLife HG8141A5 ?

#4 August 11 2023

TheSavior111

yasamoka wrote:

Did you try to send an email to systems@ogero.gov.lb for the credentials? They tend to provide these tidbits.

Yes, I did so again today and they were actually helping me out which was nice, they provided a couple of combinations to try but unfortunately none of them worked and then it was close to 4 pm so they stopped replying.

nosense wrote:

They didn't give you a Huawei EchoLife HG8141A5 ?

Nope, I got the DZS ZNID-GPON-2428A1-0GE. It's not like I had a choice, they asked us for 150$ for a modem and gave us this one. It's a pretty good modem with dual band 2.4 and 5GHz and 4 Gigabit LAN ports, only if they allow me to have admin access it would be perfect. But it doesn't matter, I wanna put the modem in bridged mode.

#5 August 12 2023

bigricenergy

Send an email to ITHelpDesk@ogero.gov.lb this is where i got mine

#6 August 13 2023

TheSavior111

bigricenergy wrote:

Send an email to ITHelpDesk@ogero.gov.lb this is where i got mine

They gave me a few combinations to try that were some numbers and letters and my F number as a username, was hopeful but it didn't work.

They got to the point where they told me I need to be connected by ethernet for it to work? Which doesn't make sense but whatever its already the case on my desktop.

Then they told me they insist it's on the bottom of the modem (spoiler alert: it's not), and for me to take a clear picture of the entire bottom of the modem and send it to them to make sure.

Idk man just gonna ride it out, worst case scenario I hit reset and take it to Minet el Hosn for them to repogram it. Or maybe I can do it myself? Idk if you guys have programmed fiber modems on this forum yet.

#7 February 23

Zombar

Hello, yes, i was able to get the pppoe from them so i can actually reset my router and reconfigure it my way.
DM me i'll send you the steps I followed.

#8 February 23

samer
Admin

Zombar wrote:

Hello, yes, i was able to get the pppoe from them so i can actually reset my router and reconfigure it my way.
DM me i'll send you the steps I followed.

Welcome Zombar. Why not post the instructions here publicly?

#9 2 weeks ago

TheSavior111

In case anyone stumbles on this in the future. The only way (and I truly mean ONLY way), to get it into bridged mode was to contact Ogero's IT Helpdesk and they had to configure 0GE and bridge mode.

VERY IMPORTANT: THERE IS NO ADMIN ACCOUNT ON THIS MODEL. It does not exist in the firmware. There simply is no such user as "admin", only the "user" user account which is limited to basic configs and is accessible through the BR-LAN zone.

The only way it can be configured to do such things is through the WAN interface that only the ISP can connect from, and they automatically have access to all the settings without any credentials needed to be put in.

I discussed having custom firmware that is modified from stock by dumping and flashing onto the ROM through an SPD reader but was advised against this because the firmware for GPON modems have to be the same as the ones on the DSLAM to authenticate.

This applies to all fiber customers with the ZNID-GPON-2428A1-0GE ONT.

Board footer