LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 December 5 2023

infiniteloop

Google Pixel phones in Lebanon?

I used to know only one importer of Google Pixel in Lebanon who are outgeeked. Is there anyone else?
I am searching for a Pixel 8 Pro 256 but only 128 is available at outgeeked.

#2 December 6 2023

Space

Re: Google Pixel phones in Lebanon?

NajemStarcall have the 256gb model, they've 2 branches one in Mar Elias and other in Tare2 ljdida. Yes, they're trusted I've dealt with them numerous times the last 4 years...
https://najemstarcall.com/product/googl … pro-256gb/

#3 December 12 2023

infiniteloop

Finally got my Pixel 8 Pro from my usual reseller
It's the Canadian version though, dunno if it will be a problem to use in Europe when travelling, here it opened LTE without problems

#4 December 16 2023

Space

infiniteloop wrote:

It's the Canadian version though, dunno if it will be a problem to use in Europe when travelling, here it opened LTE without problems

Congratulations on your new phone! Btw how are pixel phones holding up? Would you recommend them if someone wanna use them for 3 years? (Casual usage, no gaming)

Last edited by Space (December 16 2023)

#5 December 17 2023

infiniteloop

It's my first Pixel phone, I had the 3 Ultra from samsung the last 3 years and I am sick of their UI
The Pixel 8 Pro is a breeze, super fast, fun and the camera is amazing
Dunno how good it will be in 3 years but google promised 7 years of updates

#6 December 24 2023

Guitaret

Congratulations @infiniteloop, here's my feedback after using the Pixel 7 pro since 10 months.
Super awesome phone but with 3 drawbacks:
- Poor battery life due to it being a monster phone
- No support for memory card, which eventually forces you to buy some Google Storage (I hate that)
- No support for screen share (Screen cast) because Google wants you to buy their crappy Chromecast

(I didn't research if the above applies on Pixel 8)

#7 December 25 2023

xazbrat

infiniteloop wrote:

My brother in the UAE also got a pixel, also the Canadian version.  If the phone works here and the UAE, it will work in most of the EU, and since it is a Canadian version, will work in North America.

Congrats---my brother loves the cameras and their versatility.

#8 December 25 2023

infiniteloop

Guitaret wrote:

Congratulations @infiniteloop, here's my feedback after using the Pixel 7 pro since 10 months.
Super awesome phone but with 3 drawbacks:
- Poor battery life due to it being a monster phone
- No support for memory card, which eventually forces you to buy some Google Storage (I hate that)
- No support for screen share (Screen cast) because Google wants you to buy their crappy Chromecast

(I didn't research if the above applies on Pixel 8)

Thank you all and Merry Christmas

The battery of the P8P is much better than P7P, heck it's nearly as good as the S23U I had (short 5-7% in the end of the day same usage), which is pretty good. Charging time is also very close to S23U, max 5 minutes difference
I didn't root it yet as I didn't find the need to, but I could anytime as it doesn't void warranty like knox on samsung.
Some custom kernel pretend to give better battery life

#9 February 21

LifeEngineer

I came today to open a new thread asking about pixel/pure android experience but found this instead so I'll ask here:

How's pure android these days?! I used to love and use Nexus devices back in the day coz I liked how it looked and ran. Unfortunately, I also like features (mostly in HTC and Samsung phones) so I always ended up flashing CyanogenMod or something like it.

Now I'm no longer into rooting or custom roms. And I love my Samsung but always envied and missed/liked the pure android look, but I don't want that to be on the cost of features. How are features in stock android nowadays?! Do I still need to install a hundred apps to get similar 100 features built-in into Samsung/OneUI phones?

Board footer