LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 January 6

Guitaret

Dehumidifiers in Lebanon

Hello,
Wondering if you could recommend a Dehumidifier (being sold in Lebanon) that is of Desiccant type.

Most products I saw in Lebanon are of type Refrigerant (or Compressor) that is not ideal for my house (very cold in the winter time).

In case you don't know:
Desiccant dehumidifiers operate regardless of the room temperature, their efficiency does not decrease in cold temperatures, they do consume more power but this extra consumption is given back with a little bit of heat (don't mind that at all).

Any thoughts or recommendations about that? Or how you are dealing with humid houses ...
Thanks

#2 January 7

ReadMe

Re: Dehumidifiers in Lebanon

I'd go with desiccant, I remember looking around for these few years ago as they were hard to find, was surprised to find them at hajj electronics.

The worst part of the refrigerant type is the cheap compressor and circuit, they're not anywhere close to the durability of the cheapest AC units, and most of them don't have a startup timer (to prevent lockup) which is important with power cuts or accidental on/off to prevent frying the motor thermal cutoff switch which they rely on. Probably designed for developed countries where power cuts are very rare.
They're also more susceptible to mold and didn't work well unless I heat up the room, they amount to more power usage if you add heating into account, very slow under 15C.

#3 January 8

Guitaret

Re: Dehumidifiers in Lebanon

Thank you @ReadMe

Board footer