LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#201 May 7 2014

xAzarian

Re: AliExpress in Lebanon

m_zeid wrote:
xAzarian wrote:
m_zeid wrote:

dude are you kidding? sweden and singapoe are two different countries.
items are dispatched from origin (china) to lebanon, thats it. they will not ship it to sweden before
just wait, your goods are on the way
so chill ;)

I'm sorry I meant origin country is Singapore. If they don't ship to sweden before reaching Lebanon , they why is it called sweden post ? Thanks!

the company just do services even not related to their country, obviously to make money.
maybe one day we can see libanpost shipping chinese products to american people :)

Oh I see now. Thanks for the info! I really hope it arrives to Lebanon soon , it's a drone lol.

#202 May 10 2014

AVOlio

I just received today some items that i have ordered.
Took 17 Days.
WoW, i am really surprised.

#203 May 10 2014

Tarek
Banned

orders in Kinshasa - Congo take up to 4 months to arrive ( if they do arrive )

Last edited by Tarek (May 10 2014)

#204 May 12 2014

nas93

AVOlio wrote:

I just received today some items that i have ordered.
Took 17 Days.
WoW, i am really surprised.

What shipping company did you use?

#205 May 13 2014

AVOlio

China Post Air mail.

#206 May 14 2014

ali.ba

I ordered today 4 items, mouse, glasses, wallet, pens.

The mouse has been shipped (it was fast), but I can't track the order until "3-10" days. The others are still being processed.

#207 May 14 2014

m_zeid

just wait, you can't do anything else

#208 June 7 2014

ali.ba

The glasses have been in "Export Customs Scan" for more than 15 days now, is this normal?

#209 June 11 2014

xAzarian

ali.bassam wrote:

The glasses have been in "Export Customs Scan" for more than 15 days now, is this normal?

same here. Let me know how it works out.

#210 June 19 2014

ali.ba

The tracking mentioned that 2 stuff that I ordered arrived to Lebanon on the 13th of June, and received by the local post office (Liban Post) on the 16th of June, now how many days will it take for Liban Post to either deliver or call me?

#211 July 2 2014

Louis40

Guys did anyone's stuff was stopped at the Lebanese customs if yes what did it show on the tracking info..?
Because it has been more than 46 days that i'm waiting and i am almost sure it will be stopped at the customs but neither me nor the supplier can inform.. that's the question, will it show that it is at the customs or landed?
Thx

#212 July 2 2014

chosen2k

Louis just call libanpost and ask. Keep your tracking number handy.

#213 July 21 2014

antolica

Guys i just heard from the libanpost delivery guy, that all the shipments from now on will have a 15% tax , plus 5,000 L.L on each product!!Also no products are being delivered by the customs . Is this true? Did anyone else hear about this??

#214 July 21 2014

m.sabra

regarding the customs thing,i have 4 packages on their way to Lebanon, will update the post once i receive them.hopefully no delays will happen.

#215 July 21 2014

xAzarian

I have like 3 packages which haven't got delivered. It has been like 45 days...

#216 July 22 2014

ironman

i have items that i ordered 55 days ago, and still nothing on the Libanpost website, i called them and asked them if there will be new fees, they said they know nothing about that. liars....

#217 July 22 2014

Louis40

Item that i was waiting since 65 days just arrived to Lebanon sorting center.. Let's see if customs react or not and if there will be any extra fees.. will keep you posted..

#218 July 22 2014

chosen2k

Check this out, the item has been sitting in customs since the 17.

2014-07-17 11:46, Item handed over to Customs for clearance, LEBANON-Parcels unit
    2014-07-14 09:14, Item received at Sorting Center, LEBANON-BEIRUT SORTING CENTRE

Usually it's a lot faster than this.

The rumors I'm hearing are that there are 80.000 parcels stuck at the Customs (Increasing daily). All waiting for the new rule (Tax from customs + Delivery charge from Libanpost) to be applied.

I also heard that these rules (if they get applied) will be applied in 1 week. So there's still a minimum wait of 1 week before items start to get cleared + waiting time to clear 80.000+ parcels + delivery time. HAHAHA crap. :(

#219 July 22 2014

DNA

The parcels are stuck not because of that, but because a person that i know who was a in charge of the received shipments have left the work along with 3 other employees, so the department has no workers this is why parcels are stuck...Lmao

#220 July 22 2014

xAzarian

DNA wrote:

The parcels are stuck not because of that, but because a person that i know who was a in charge of the received shipments have left the work along with 3 other employees, so the department has no workers this is why parcels are stuck...Lmao

Is this true or you're joking lol?

#221 July 23 2014

Louis40

I'm speechless.. disappointments everywhere and the only bit of self joy by purchasing small insignificant items for our little pleasure is taken away from us..

Are they doing this to get maximum money for the teachers' salaries (..)

#222 July 23 2014

chosen2k

HAHAHA this is the funniest thing I've heard. Your friend probably got crazy from all the parcels. Couldn't they collaborate with Libanpost and use the automated mail sorting machine?

Anyways DNA man, do you have any sort of proof regarding your friend and his colleagues?

#223 July 23 2014

edwed

Hi all,
I ordered from aliexpress months ago and mostly I received my items via Libanpost without paying additional fees.
Last time I ordered many items, its been 45 days, and none of the items arrived.
I contacted Libanpost this morning and they told me that they have new rules:
All items will pass by customs: "We have to pay additional fees on each item" and maybe additional fees for delivery.
They didn't give more info, all what they said: "You have to wait for your items because that will take long time and once they are delivered to you, you will know how much the fees are!"
I'm really disappointed, I am waiting for more than 50 items.
Conclusion: We have to wait so long, we have to pay for our items...

#224 July 23 2014

LifeEngineer

Damn! This is bad news! Very bad news!
I am also waiting some goodies that cost me around 300$!
God help us! I'm afraid that these might never reach me, and in case it do, I'm afraid of high custom fees and other fees!
Damn it! :@

#225 July 23 2014

edwed

That's not fair at all.
They should apply their new rule on new orders not on the ones stocked in customs.
I heard that we may pay 15% on each item +5000LL for delivery. If that's true, I would pay around 250$ fees for items costing less than 500$.
By the way, an employee at Libanpost told me that Aliexpress are working on having their own dealer in Lebanon. I hope that will be a good information, if not I will never order again.

Board footer