LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#51 April 26 2012

WizaRd

Re: PSN cards?

The-MMMs wrote:

As far as i know, its one of the few, if not only, European country that still uses its own currency

Switzerland, anyone ;) ?

#52 April 26 2012

ballad

AVOlio wrote:

I thought that this symbol "£" represents Euro, but i just realized that in fact, it is GBP !

Imagine pc&parts looking here and wondering: "wth is wrong with that dude?!"
ROFL

#53 April 27 2012

AVOlio

@The-MMMs,
LoL, i know you said it, i just did not notice it!
Until i was doing a Google search on something i dont  even remember, that is when i realized that its GBP.

WoW man,you lived in the UK ! and for 12 years !?
What the hell made you come back Heere ??! 
Ive never even seen the borders of Lebanon lol

About your PS3, so you mean, your not very active on it ?
And, if i may ask, what games do you have, on PS3?

ballad wrote:

Imagine pc&parts looking here and wondering: "wth is wrong with that dude?!"
ROFL

LoL  HaHaHaHaHaHa
Thats not the funny part,
I was really mad in that time of my ignorance, lol
And i was really gonna call them to complain, about that !
HaHa,  im glad i didnt !

#54 April 27 2012

The-MMMs

AVOlio wrote:

@The-MMMs,
LoL, i know you said it, i just did not notice it!
Until i was doing a Google search on something i dont  even remember, that is when i realized that its GBP.

WoW man,you lived in the UK ! and for 12 years !?
What the hell made you come back Heere ??! 
Ive never even seen the borders of Lebanon lol

About your PS3, so you mean, your not very active on it ?
And, if i may ask, what games do you have, on PS3?

My parents came back for the greater good, and i just followed. I guess after i get my degree im packing my bags, no future here, at least we tried.

Im not so active, only on weekends.

Games, disc based:

LBP2
Modnation Racers
MW2
Blackops
Uncharted 1,2,3
Killzone 3
Resistance 2

PSN:

Fat Princess
Castle Crashers
Tetris
Pacman Championship DX
Super Stardust HD
Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty
LBP
Infamous
Dead Nation

Im trying to sell some disc based games; i wanna buy some HD collection games, and a UAE PSN card (can't find any).

#55 April 27 2012

AVOlio

Arnt UAE cards as same as UK..? I mean they are in the same region right?
Wouldnt it work if you buy UK cards ?!

About the games, how much are you willing to sell the Uncharted Series ?!
Im not saying i will buy, cause im broke, but just asking what price would you want for them.

And about PSN games, i just finished Downloading GTA IV through proxy yesterday,
Downloading it on the PS3 now.. The transfer from the PC to PS3 is even slower than the internet speed !
And arnt Download in Backgrounds on PS3 resumable?
Cause multiple times i reached like 10% (which is like 800MB)and some stuff came up,so i paused it,and when i resumed, it rapidly downloaded by itself 10MB only, and started from 0% again. (Resumable my A**)

Last edited by AVOlio (April 27 2012)

#56 April 27 2012

ballad

AVOlio wrote:

Cause multiple times i reached like 10% (which is like 800MB)and some stuff came up,so i paused it,and when i resumed, it rapidly downloaded by itself 10MB only, and started from 0% again. (Resumable my A**)

it's resumable on normal internet connections not on our 256kbps

#57 April 27 2012

The-MMMs

AVOlio wrote:

Arnt UAE cards as same as UK..? I mean they are in the same region right?
Wouldnt it work if you buy UK cards ?!

I have a UAE store with 13,49$ in it, if i buy a 20$ card and put the funds to it, ill have enough to buy 2 games

I dont feel like spending some money to another store where i can buy only 1 game, as apposed to spending less and using my existing UAE store and buy 2 games

AVOlio wrote:

About the games, how much are you willing to sell the Uncharted Series ?!
Im not saying i will buy, cause im broke, but just asking what price would you want for them.

Not selling, but if i do i suppose 80$ is a civilized price (20,20,40) - a "lebanese" price would be like 100$+ - but i dnt like being stupid like that.

AVOlio wrote:

And about PSN games, i just finished Downloading GTA IV through proxy yesterday,
Downloading it on the PS3 now.. The transfer from the PC to PS3 is even slower than the internet speed !

Are you doing it via wifi ? Make sure both PC and PS3 are wired, that being said i wouldn't think that the transfer would be that fast - like 5mbit maybe at most considering what modem you have

AVOlio wrote:

And arnt Download in Backgrounds on PS3 resumable?

This has happened to me for some odd reason as well. I remember with the Blackops DLC however, the second one, it was like 2GB, i paused and resumed yet it still downloaded the whole 2GB, and in the end it wouldn't install, it gave me a corrupt data error -_-. As ballad said, our speed is to blame.

Last edited by The-MMMs (April 27 2012)

#58 April 27 2012

AVOlio

Hmm, yes our speed unfortunatley!
Well anyway, it finished downloading on the PS3 and also the installation, i started playing Now

#59 April 29 2012

Verizian

If you want a good place to buy PSN cards, Cashu.com sells them with no markup. And the site recently implemented the ability to pay from any Moneygram agent in Lebanon. I tried it with this cellphone place in Hamra and it worked. You just pay a 2-dollar fixed fee (and the guy actually messed up and added that to my balance). It was pretty quick overall.

#60 April 29 2012

The-MMMs

^ Thank you !!!!

Mind providing the shops name ?

Last edited by The-MMMs (April 29 2012)

#61 April 29 2012

AVOlio

Note that they Only sell US cards..  US dollars only.

Is UAE region with USD also ?

#62 April 29 2012

Verizian

The-MMMs wrote:

^ Thank you !!!!

Mind providing the shops name ?

The shop is Cell D'or in Hamra. this was literally the first time he had charged a CashU account before, as Cashunited only started supporting it recently. That would probably explain how he messed up and added the commission as credit.

http://marketing.cashu.com/landingpage/cashunited/en/

That's a list of all vendors that supposedly recharge CashU. You could also email the Cashunited people and ask them, as they were very helpful with me and even insisted on calling me to provide locations.

#63 May 4 2012

elchebib

I got a text message today from Nino stating that he's now selling PSN cards for 22 USD. He didn't specify what are the region of these cards but I would assume they're for the UAE store. I'll have to confirm whether or not that's true. Very good price for these cards.

#64 December 1 2012

Chup

Hey !
I need A uk psn CARD. OR ANY other alternative to get 12 pounds in my uk PSN account !
Any place that sells them ? ASAP ?

#65 December 1 2012

AvoK95

PCandParts has them.

#66 December 1 2012

cullinan86

http://www.pcgamesupply.com/buygames/so … ork-cards/

I always buy my PSN cards from this site, they send me the code online. Just make sure to choose the correct card region.

#67 December 3 2012

chosen2k

Buy the US cards from Amazon guys, it's digital downloads you get the cards in minutes and without tax.

#68 December 3 2012

KarimCfc

Have you actually tried it chosen2k? Would they accept a Lebanese credit card?

#69 December 3 2012

chosen2k

Yes KarimCfc just bought one today. I used a lebanese Visa card. It took minutes to get the code.
49.99$ for a 50$ card :)

Here's the link to the one i ordered. http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Playstation- … B004RMK4P8

#70 December 3 2012

KarimCfc

Awesome news, thanks chosen2k

Board footer