LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 September 7 2010

elchebib

PSN cards?

Hello guys,

Has any of you PS3 gamers been able to find PSN cards?

Virgin and Sony World have over 6 weeks been keeping telling me to check later.

Has anyone had any luck finding any? And I wonder why doesn't Nino or any of these retailers get them and sell them?

#2 September 7 2010

kareem_nasser

Re: PSN cards?

Dude you should contact Hamboza and ask him about Nino.

#3 September 9 2010

gamer4life

I know a store in Tripoli that sells the 20$ UAE psn card for 35$, and yes 35$ I'm not joking.

#4 September 10 2010

Shatilov

sorry but what are PSN cards ? i really dont know.

#5 September 10 2010

The-MMMs

elchebib

i am extremly sorry i never got back to you on PSN ... due to power issues

i did my fair share of phone calls

and Virgin still has no stock and they have no idea when they'll get some

Nino doesn't have

Sony World is also still out of stock

i asked where else i can find, they advised Tahan and Hamdan

Problem is i hate tahan and i have no idea where hamdan is, apparently its next to Khoury Home down in Jnaah?

anyone can confirm ?

Shatilov: PSN cards are like CC numbers that are filled with a certain amount of money and once redeemed on the PSN store it fills your wallet with money or credit that you can use to buy and download games and/or DLC content etc.

Last edited by The-MMMs (September 10 2010)

#6 September 10 2010

elchebib

That's exactly what I was afraid of. They get a stock and then when it finishes they don't restock.

Mmmmmm, gonna have to resort to the relatives in the UAE......

#7 September 10 2010

The-MMMs

for those who are desperate and must purchase somethong from the UAE STORE you have the option of still using a CC number.

for those who dnt own one (mastercard or Visa) you can buy one from class verdun (the cell shop dude) they are called "PIC"

for more info you can check here for list of many resellers: www.pic-gts.com

i have personally tried this and it works; again only on the UAE store, if i try using the CC number on the US Store i get a billing address error (must be the fact that CC numbers have a specific set region)

there are 2 cards, one is 60$ and the other i think is 120$ (its all on their site) upon activation however 10$ is deducted (so basically i pay 60$ for 50$)

i'd personally wait for these PSN cards, more value for your money, i mean with that 10$ i could have bought some game :/

Last edited by The-MMMs (September 10 2010)

#8 September 10 2010

elchebib

The-MMMs wrote:

for those who are desperate and must purchase somethong from the UAE STORE you have the option of still using a CC number.

for those who dnt own one (mastercard or Visa) you can buy one from class verdun (the cell shop dude) they are called "PIC"

i have personally tried this and it works; again only on the UAE store, if i try using the CC number on the US Store i get a billing address error (must be the fact that CC numbers have a specific set region)

there are 2 cards, one is 60$ and the other i think is 120$ (its all on their site) upon activation however 10$ is deducted (so basically i pay 60$ for 50$)

i'd personally wait for these PSN cards, more value for your money, i mean with that 10$ i could have bought some game :/

I guess we would have to wait a long time before they would even consider of restocking their stores.

#9 September 11 2010

gamer4life

The-MMMs wrote:

Like I have a friend who has a visa card that is used for purchasing items from the internet, so if i told him to purchase for me some games from the UAE store it would work? or these cards u mentioned are different? I need to add that his card is refundable through bank and like I said he can buy things from the internet.

Last edited by gamer4life (September 11 2010)

#10 September 11 2010

The-MMMs

gamer4life wrote:

Like I have a friend who has a visa card that is used for purchasing items from the internet, so if i told him to purchase for me some games from the UAE store it would work? or these cards u mentioned are different? I need to add that his card is refundable through bank and like I said he can buy things from the internet.

Provided that the Credit Card is UAE based (as in from this area) you shouldn't have problems with the UAE store ..

anyway, yes essentially u can use your friends CC number, its worth a try if your unsure

when you add funds to your wallet via CC number, after entering all info and continuing it gives you the option to select how much finds you want transferred

its listed from 10,15,20 etc $ (by 5) i think you can go as high as 100$ and as soon as you continue from their it will transfer the funds.

So you give your friend for example 50$ (he funds his account) then transfer them to the wallet of your store

these cards are EXACTLY like any Mastercard or Visa in any wallet out there, diff is this is for ppl that dnt have a bank account to own a credit card.

Like i said these cards work only on UAE store strictly, i tried all the others no go, billing detail issues.

Last edited by The-MMMs (September 11 2010)

#11 September 11 2010

elchebib

Concerning the credit cards issued from banks: I have a Visa card that is issued by BLOM bank and it didn't work. I put in all the details and the billing address (except for the country which you can't change). I reached to the point where it asked you how much funds do you want to add and when I selected one of them and pressed ok, an error message came up saying that "Funds could not be transferred". I don't know if the problem is with my bank or something but all other online transactions have worked flawlessly on other websites.

I'm gonna try the PIC option that MMMs suggested since its our only solution for now and has been confirmed to work.

@MMMs: When putting the Billing address of your card, you just fill it up until the city tab, right? Did you have any problems transferring credits to the store? Did you try it more than once?

#12 September 11 2010

gamer4life

The-MMMs wrote:
gamer4life wrote:

Provided that the Credit Card is UAE based (as in from this area) you shouldn't have problems with the UAE store ..

anyway, yes essentially u can use your friends CC number, its worth a try if your unsure

when you add funds to your wallet via CC number, after entering all info and continuing it gives you the option to select how much finds you want transferred

its listed from 10,15,20 etc $ (by 5) i think you can go as high as 100$ and as soon as you continue from their it will transfer the funds.

So you give your friend for example 50$ (he funds his account) then transfer them to the wallet of your store

these cards are EXACTLY like any Mastercard or Visa in any wallet out there, diff is this is for ppl that dnt have a bank account to own a credit card.

Like i said these cards work only on UAE store strictly, i tried all the others no go, billing detail issues.

I'll see if my friend's credit card works.

#13 September 13 2010

The-MMMs

elchebib wrote:

@MMMs: When putting the Billing address of your card, you just fill it up until the city tab, right? Did you have any problems transferring credits to the store? Did you try it more than once?

If i recall well, there is no city to be filled in with the UAE store, once you put the credit card details, the next page only has some Street address inputs (put anything) and of course the country is set to UAE .. after that screen PSN accepted my credential and i transferred 10$

did you have problems transferring money or did PSN not accept your details i.e. did you see the screen where there is an option to select how many funds you want transferred or didn't you see that at all ?

#14 September 13 2010

elchebib

The-MMMs wrote:
elchebib wrote:

If i recall well, there is no city to be filled in with the UAE store, once you put the credit card details, the next page only has some Street address inputs (put anything) and of course the country is set to UAE .. after that screen PSN accepted my credential and i transferred 10$

did you have problems transferring money or did PSN not accept your details i.e. did you see the screen where there is an option to select how many funds you want transferred or didn't you see that at all ?

Nope, I did reach the fund selection screen where you choose how much funds to add. But when I selected the amount I wanted and pressed OK, an error message came up saying that "Funds could not be transferred".
Anyways, I'm gonna have to resort to the PIC card later on.

#15 September 13 2010

The-MMMs

Please NOTE:

i just tried the pic card to transfer what's left on it and im recieving an issue. That being i get an error transferring funds. I mailed Sony about this issue hope they reply back soon, so dnt get one just yet

Last edited by The-MMMs (September 13 2010)

#16 October 6 2010

elchebib

Apparently, PCandParts.com sells the following cards for these prices:

PlayStation Network - GBP50 PSN Card [UK Only]
$73.00

PlayStation Network - GBP20 PSN Card [UK Only]
$32.00

PlayStation Network - USD50 PSN Card [US Only]
$60.00

PlayStation Network - USD20 PSN Card [US Only]
$26.00

However, they don't sell the UAE variant.

My guess is that you can use the UK store to purchase DLCs since the games available in Lebanon are compatible with UK DLC. I can confirm 2 games: Fallout 3 and Street Fighter 4. BUT, please check first with info on the DLC page because they usually write down the region code compatibility (you can find your region code on the spine of the game case).

Last edited by elchebib (October 6 2010)

#17 October 7 2010

The-MMMs

there is 10% VAT ... so its still too expensive

just remembered, sony emailed back and they have disabled my PIC card due to "security reasons regarding your countries current status" it was followed by their usually pardons and stuff -  not a total loss, as it works great with steam.

:/

... hmm ill just wait on virgin to stock up again; i hope

then again US store has better value for money (some things are 2 dollars or even sometimes 3.5$ less than UAE store! ) ... but will only make a difference if you intend to buy i variety of things

also yes elechbib DLC is locked, but UK/UAE is the same content (notice how as soon as the UAE store updates so does the EU and all the rest) just keep checking http://blog.eu.playstation.com/ ... notice under in the countries AE is listed -  so if you wanna be super careful search through the blogs for the DLC you want for some game and check if its for all locales if so then you should be good to go ;)

.. so yes you will be fine with the DLC and UK PSN store ... i know this from the MW2 stimulus maps as well.

Last edited by The-MMMs (October 7 2010)

#18 October 7 2010

elchebib

@ The-MMMs: You're gonna have to wait a lot if you wanna wait for Virgin to restock. Last time I checked they said that they're gonna receive a shipment on the 26th of Sep. Sep 26th came and went and still nothing. So, in typical Lebanese style, you're gonna have to wait forever.

#19 January 29 2012

melkossteven

hello everybody ,
I am seaching a PSN CARD virgin and sony are out of stock and I really need I want the 20$ I am ready to pay 30$ to the one who will sell me that card :)
or tell me a place where to buy ?:)
Thanks

#20 January 29 2012

Gamer

melkossteven wrote:

hello everybody ,
I am seaching a PSN CARD virgin and sony are out of stock and I really need I want the 20$ I am ready to pay 30$ to the one who will sell me that card :)
or tell me a place where to buy ?:)
Thanks

Which region do you want? Try Nino

#21 January 30 2012

The-MMMs

Your just going to have to wait on either Sony world or virgin to restock !

I know people who purchase PSN card - codes via the internet by moneybookers

They email you the code to the store you want and you deal with the transactions via moneybookers

How im not sure - but you'll need a CC for this obviously

Anyway try Nino, that being said AFK he has never got PSN cards (Only once during the PSPGo days then he stopped since you can just pirate games for it)

www.ninostore.com/en - his number is somewhere on the website, just call instead of going down and checking.

#22 January 30 2012

Nabs

Elchebib, we PMed you, why didn't you reply back? OK, we can provide you with PSN cards, region 2, for reasonable prices. PM us who wants some.

#23 April 20 2012

AVOlio

Guys, i just called PCandParts to order a PSN card, (but they said i have to order by email)
Anyway, that gives me more time to make sure what im buying will work,

So my PSN account, is UK (i filled in the country info UK when i opened it )
Does that mean i have to buy a UK  PSN card from PcandParts ?!!

Please all people knowledgeable in this matter reply ASAP and tell me if i am doing the right thing!

PS: All the PSN card in Virgin/BHV/SonyWorld  now are stocked out,
The employee at virgin said, that some things got wrong with them.. so their not ordering anymore!

#24 April 20 2012

Chup

Yaps
Your account should be the same as the region on the Card

#25 April 20 2012

AVOlio

Thanks for your reply,
So when i get the card, i can buy anything from the Store ?!
I dont have to worry about regional stuff what so ever ?!

Anybody else got opinion about this guys ?! I need to be super certain before i order

Board footer