LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 February 24

Zombar

Private contractor for Ogero Fiber installation

Hello, I was recently wondering about Ogero fiber optics in my area. The thing is here in my village in metn we have the fiber backbones and street cabinets installed but they are deactivated as Ogero stopped installing fiber boxes. I was think that if possible to get a private contractor to wire the street box to my house and for ogero to activate the connection. What do you think about it? Has anyone done it or found a better way to get fiber? Thanks

#2 last month

TokMe3HrsToSolveChallenge

Re: Private contractor for Ogero Fiber installation

Thats not possible as Ogero (and their contractors) are the only ones allowed to do that since they have the proper permits for it.

In theory you could just dig up the road between the street box and your house and install it yourself, and asking Ogero to activate it, but you risk being seen or reported for digging up public roads and end up in jail.

All "fiber companies" in lebanon only offer installtion from the Ogero box inside your building to your apartment as they don't require a permit for it.

#3 last month

Zombar

Re: Private contractor for Ogero Fiber installation

TokMe3HrsToSolveChallenge wrote:

Thats not possible as Ogero (and their contractors) are the only ones allowed to do that since they have the proper permits for it.

In theory you could just dig up the road between the street box and your house and install it yourself, and asking Ogero to activate it, but you risk being seen or reported for digging up public roads and end up in jail.

All "fiber companies" in lebanon only offer installtion from the Ogero box inside your building to your apartment as they don't require a permit for it.

Do you know someone i can pay to do it and activate it?

Board footer