LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 April 4 2023

AVOlio

Ogero Public IP

Hello,

Before the current strike of Ogero, I applied for a public IP with a fiber connection.
After months of waiting, everything was done, I have the fiber installed and Ogero provided me with the private IP.

The thing is, I have no idea how I am supposed to set it up on my firewall.
I am connecting to their network via PPPoE on my firewall with the ONT (fiber modem) in bridge mode.
I am getting random IPs every time.

The below is all the details / instructions I was provided with:

When fixed public IP is required, the ONT (fiber modem) must then be placed in bridge mode, and the PPPoE is handled by your separate Ethernet-only router behind the modem. The router must support the required interface/ protocols: default route, enable RIP V2, disable NAT, etc..  you need to add 0.0.0.0/0 to your routing table. It could be a Cisco, Cyberoam, FortiGate, Juniper, Mikrotik, or any router you’d choose to use but works in such implementation.

I know for a fact that my firewall supports all of the protocols mentioned.
Is the public IP supposed to come straight from the PPPoE?
Or the random IPs I am getting is normal, and it is just for transit, and they are routing me the static IP?

Has anyone been able to get this puzzle solved?

#2 August 11 2023

nosense

Re: Ogero Public IP

Hello,

did you figure this out ? I am in the process of getting a public IP from ogero and waiting for their reply.

Also can you please tell me how can I put the ONT in bridge mode so I can use my firewall as a router ? did they provide you the huawei ONT ?

#3 August 11 2023

TheSavior111

Look at you lucky folks not getting stiffed with a 150$ modem from them that you can't have admin access to and setup in bridge mode. I'm happy for ya!

#4 August 15 2023

AVOlio

I never got this figured out.
I had remote sessions with engineers from the firewall manufacturer, they couldn't even understand how the setup was, and eventually could not get it working.

The fiber modem Ogero put it in bridged mode from their end when I requested the public ip, so they will do it from their end remotely.

Thesavior I read your other post, if you want the modem to be put into bridged mode and use your own router ass Wan pppoe, you need to ask them they will do it on their own.
I also did not have admin credentials to the modem, I think I got the same you got. But it is in bridge mode now and the router is my firewall, and I'm connecting to dynamic public IPs

#5 August 15 2023

AVOlio

nosense wrote:

Hello,

did you figure this out ? I am in the process of getting a public IP from ogero and waiting for their reply.

Also can you please tell me how can I put the ONT in bridge mode so I can use my firewall as a router ? did they provide you the huawei ONT ?

Prepare yourself
They will send you the same email copy pasted.

#6 August 15 2023

nosense

but are you at least on public IP or are you still on CGNAT? I don’t care about having a fixed public IP just wanna be able to use my ddns.

#7 August 16 2023

DNA

did they provide you with the subnet in the email? or just instructions it should be a simple process am not sure why do they need you to advertise the route using RIP  but its not a big deal anyway

Last edited by DNA (August 16 2023)

#8 August 18 2023

TheSavior111

AVOlio wrote:

Thesavior I read your other post, if you want the modem to be put into bridged mode and use your own router ass Wan pppoe, you need to ask them they will do it on their own.
I also did not have admin credentials to the modem, I think I got the same you got. But it is in bridge mode now and the router is my firewall, and I'm connecting to dynamic public IPs

So wait, do I need to get a public IP? Or can they put it in bridged mode without a public IP? And either ways, how did you communicate with them to do this? Cause by twitter they told me they don't do that it's not allowed, and on the phone they said the same thing.

#9 August 18 2023

AVOlio

DNA wrote:

did they provide you with the subnet in the email? or just instructions it should be a simple process am not sure why do they need you to advertise the route using RIP  but its not a big deal anyway

They provided everything in the email, subnet, gateway, dns.

But I couldn't get it to work.
The firewall. Is currently acting as the pppoe authenticator.
Modem is in bridged mode.
As per Ogero, I am on a dynamic public IP pool, getting different Public ips each time.

I still couldn't figure out how to configure my given static public ip on the firewall with ripv2 nat etc...

If can assist in the matter, it would be awesome.

#10 August 18 2023

AVOlio

TheSavior111 wrote:
AVOlio wrote:

So wait, do I need to get a public IP? Or can they put it in bridged mode without a public IP? And either ways, how did you communicate with them to do this? Cause by twitter they told me they don't do that it's not allowed, and on the phone they said the same thing.

They put mine in bridged mode because I requested a public ip.

I have no idea if they can do it without one.

#11 August 18 2023

nosense

I put mine in bridge mode without a public IP but I have a huawei router and the admin credentials were still the default ones, so I logged in and got the pppoe password using online methods for reversing the hashed password and put it in bridge mode.

#12 August 18 2023

TheSavior111

AVOlio wrote:

They put mine in bridged mode because I requested a public ip.

I have no idea if they can do it without one.

They just told me word for word today:" Following an internal inquiry it seems such configurations are outside the scope of Ogero’s service, they may need to be discussed on the spot at the programming center." After I asked them to remote in and put my modem, that apparently according to them has no admin credentials, into bridged mode so I can use my other router.

Following an internal inquiry, it seems Ogero support is as useful as a bag of sand in the desert.

#13 August 19 2023

DNA

AVOlio wrote:
DNA wrote:

They provided everything in the email, subnet, gateway, dns.

But I couldn't get it to work.
The firewall. Is currently acting as the pppoe authenticator.
Modem is in bridged mode.
As per Ogero, I am on a dynamic public IP pool, getting different Public ips each time.

I still couldn't figure out how to configure my given static public ip on the firewall with ripv2 nat etc...

If can assist in the matter, it would be awesome.

What router are you using?

#14 August 20 2023

AVOlio

SonicWall Firewall.

#15 August 20 2023

DNA

AVOlio wrote:

SonicWall Firewall.

Ia not sure who told you to get that, i cant assist you in this specific router/firewall
if it was a juniper, cisco , mikrotik even low end routers i  would  give you a step by step,for this model you need to do your research
all i can do is give you the general steps

1- establish a PPPoE connection
2- asign your subnet to an interface or even the pppoe interface depends on router, could even be a loopback
3- establish RIP protocol on the pppoe interface and make sure you have  a neigbor connected
4- configure RIP to advertise your Subnet
5- asssign a static default route
6- DO NOT NAT traffic sourced fron the public IP just send it.

Ogero should straight up give residential users a Vlan with their public ip without bgp or rip not sure why they do that.

#16 August 31 2023

TheSavior111

Hey guys I urgently need to know the format of the PPPoE username (what comes after the @). Ogero switched my modem to bridged but stopped responding after I asked them for my username and pass to authenticate my router. I may have the pass and I know the username is the F number followed by a domain but idk what it’s followed by after the @. Maybe something like @300M.ogero.gov.lb or something? If some kind soul can help a brother out

#17 August 31 2023

nosense

TheSavior111 wrote:

Hey guys I urgently need to know the format of the PPPoE username (what comes after the @). Ogero switched my modem to bridged but stopped responding after I asked them for my username and pass to authenticate my router. I may have the pass and I know the username is the F number followed by a domain but idk what it’s followed by after the @. Maybe something like @300M.ogero.gov.lb or something? If some kind soul can help a brother out

@ogeronet-300M.com

#18 August 31 2023

TheSavior111

You're a god send, and I truly appreciate you for replying that fast. Unfortunately it seems the password is wrong cause the authentication didn't work. Or maybe I'm just doing the whole thing wrong. I just can't believe they reset my modem and literally just ditched me without a connection.

#19 September 1 2023

TheSavior111

They finally sent me the PPPoE username and pass after giving them a few information they needed, slapped those bad boys into the WAN config and was instantly connected. Finally got my internet back

Board footer