LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#101 November 14 2013

Aly

Re: BattleField 4 - Game Thread.

No it was fine, completed from the first time, I was playing the game minutes ago everything is ok.

#102 November 30 2013

nas93

BF4 $29.99 on amazon since it's Black friday, just bought a copy.

#103 November 30 2013

Aly

Indeed, but the funny thing is the boxed version is even cheaper than the digital version, its for 24.99 $.

#104 November 30 2013

nosense

Guys do you recommend i buy it now from amazon ?
i saw the reviews and i am surprised the freezes and crashed are still there
how is your experience with the game so far

#105 November 30 2013

Aly

Perfect for me ever since I downgraded my nvidia driver to an older version, not a single client crash for 2 weeks, however server crashes do occur from time to time, but they are minimal.
I do recommend it for that low price right now

#106 November 30 2013

nosense

Aly wrote:

Perfect for me ever since I downgraded my nvidia driver to an older version, not a single client crash for 2 weeks, however server crashes do occur from time to time, but they are minimal.
I do recommend it for that low price right now

It says "Game Downloads are only available to US customers"
should i enter any us address ?

#107 November 30 2013

nosense

haha the second i was buying the game the deal ended
thanks god it wasn't billed to the credit card

#108 November 30 2013

Aly

Dude, buy it from Origin mexico, its for 332.68 Mexican Pesos, which is 25.37 US Dollar, its the official Origin store, instant access of course and 5$ cheaper than amazon.
You can follow the tutorial I wrote in the first page or you can use an mexican proxy (IP:PORT), even a VPN, but of course make sure when you go to payment copy the payment URL and leave proxy page / Disconnect VPN / Disable headers and proceed with your payment.

#109 November 30 2013

nosense

yeah i tried previously but it kept giving me error when proceeding my order i hope it is fixed so i would buy it when i finish my midterms :"(

#110 November 30 2013

Aly

Good luck then, but I would buy it now and play it after midterms if I were you, currently this week is mega sales week in US, prices might rise again after the Thanks-giving holiday.

#111 November 30 2013

nosense

Aly wrote:

Good luck then, but I would buy it now and play it after midterms if I were you, currently this week is mega sales week in US, prices might rise again after the Thanks-giving holiday.

Oh i didn't notice that thanks man !

#112 November 30 2013

nas93

actually it's only a two-day holiday after thanksgiving called black friday, it's almost over.

#113 November 30 2013

Aly

nas93 wrote:

actually it's only a two-day holiday after thanksgiving called black friday, it's almost over.

Amazon has a "Black Friday Deals Week", but in other places yes its Black Friday and Cyber Monday as far as I know.

#114 November 30 2013

yasamoka

I've read that (with some people), using proxy to access the Mexican Origin Store will make you unable to buy games from your own country's Origin Store. So keep that in mind and make sure you don't fall into that. You might want to check if the issue is valid.

AFAIK, using a proxy would be just as if you were in Mexico and bought the game, then returned to your own country. It might just be a bug that can be fixed by contacting support about the issue, that is if it is true.

#115 December 1 2013

nosense

yasamoka wrote:

I've read that (with some people), using proxy to access the Mexican Origin Store will make you unable to buy games from your own country's Origin Store. So keep that in mind and make sure you don't fall into that. You might want to check if the issue is valid.

AFAIK, using a proxy would be just as if you were in Mexico and bought the game, then returned to your own country. It might just be a bug that can be fixed by contacting support about the issue, that is if it is true.

i bought it yesterday for 25$ from the Mexican store
i will report if anything happens to my account

#116 December 1 2013

patrickyounes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nH7dczRA9s

Basically it just stays like this forever.
Downloaded the update 5 times now.
Same thing every time.
Tried to search for a solution online but it seems noone has yet experienced such problem.

Anyone know or can find a way for this?
Any help will be appreciated.

Last edited by patrickyounes (December 1 2013)

#117 December 5 2013

nosense

Umm guys I can't play the game
I installed the files from dvd's and updated 1gb but battlelog says it needs an update
and every time I use repair install it gives me an unspecified error 7049:403

EDIT: ok I don't know what the problem was but it was resolved by using a vpn O.o

Last edited by nosense (December 6 2013)

#118 December 16 2013

AVOlio

Hey Guys.
Check out this long range sniping video i made.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6KViPkx … e=youtu.be

#119 December 16 2013

nosense

AVOlio wrote:

Hey Guys.

Damn
makes me feel like a real newbie :')

Last edited by nosense (December 16 2013)

#120 December 16 2013

Aly

AVOlio wrote:

Hey Guys.

That reminds me of someone I know. Same class layout, same map, same team, same spot (Lancang Dam + SRR-61 + 40X + RU side = success).
What happened to the the JNG-90 and the Team Deathmatch servers ? I bet those 1 km+ headshots feel way better than those lousy TDM kills :)

PS: nice video.

#121 December 16 2013

AVOlio

haha
I stopped playing TDMs since the server i used to play on changed and became boring.
Also after i got used to the long range sniping.

I used to think, damn,how does that someone have the freaking patience or "Jlede" just to stay in one region/spot of the map all the round to snipe.
Now i know why and understand how!

#122 December 16 2013

Aly

Hehe, "Jlede" ? getting 10 ... 20 ... 30 ... 1km + headshot in a single round is worth it, being MVP in almost all rounds is worth it, high K/D is worth it, high skill is worth it, high accuracy is worth it, boosting SPM dramatically is worth it, getting called a cheater for the "exceptional skills" is worth it, its TOTALLY WORTH IT :)

By the way, is it only me or in Lancang Dam, if you are on the Chinese side you cant see anything on the Russian side ? I mean there is a nasty white fog covering the Russian base and the mountain behind, if I join a server that doesnt allow switching teams I just leave, I dont stand playing in the CN side I cant see anything.

Last edited by Aly (December 16 2013)

#123 December 16 2013

AVOlio

No its not just you.
Visibility is pretty foggy from the CN side. Even before the dam collapses.
Your only hope is if people are spotted with the little triangle.

Another thing why CN side is not playable, is that their side of the mountains is accessible by the RU team.
And most of the times when i was doing good in a round,i was getting Jeeps and infantry up there trying to roadkill me and stuff.

And yea my skill ,SPM, KD ratio got so high at one point!
Now its back to normal cause i started to play a little support action

#124 December 16 2013

DNA

@AVOlio great sniping you got there!

AVOlio wrote:

I used to think, damn,how does that someone have the freaking patience or "Jlede" just to stay in one region/spot of the map all the round to snipe.
Now i know why and understand how!

remember the first time i helped you get your 2000+ meters headshot wasn't worth it at that time? anyways long range sniping is fun waiting for your next montage bro keep it up.

#125 December 18 2013

bermudapineapple

AVOlio wrote:

Hey Guys.

That is wonderful. I really wish this game was on Steam.

Board footer