LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#76 November 8 2013

Ramnesia

Re: BattleField 4 - Game Thread.

one crash here but went stable after that. also something weird happend, I started a game and I didnt stop spinning.

#77 November 8 2013

Aly

@ Avo I am encountering some crashes with sound loop to desktop, I will move the game fom ssd tonight to hdd, I think I have a problem with my ssd to make sure the problem is not my pc, but many people in the battlelog forums are talking about these crashes.

@Lyonx true there is some Italian servers that have pretty low ping to me 65-69 ms but they are not always populated.

#78 November 9 2013

vegetaleb
Banned

Bought BF4 yesterday from Rony in Achrafieh it's the SACC copy.
I installed the 3 DVD but when I first launched the game it gave me a kernel missing error,I searched the internet and they said it must be VC++2012 missing,so I installed it.
Now no more kernel missing problem but the game won't launch at all!
Total installed data is 23GB,is it missing some files?
Could it be a bad copy and buy it from another place like Tony or there is something to install apart VC++?

#79 November 9 2013

yasamoka

Just get it from Mexican Origin.

#80 November 9 2013

nosense

yasamoka wrote:

Just get it from Mexican Origin.

I tried yesterday and origin just kept giving me

Error wrote:

we were unable to process your payment now try again later.

and the funny part is that they charged me a dollar for every time I tried

Last edited by nosense (November 9 2013)

#81 November 9 2013

Aly

Just like yasamoka said, if you want it genuine you can get it real cheap from Origin mexico, if you want a pirated copy get the RELOADED copy, I had it, its working plus the installation includes all the needed prerequisites for the game to work (directx, vc etc ...).

Last edited by Aly (November 9 2013)

#82 November 9 2013

vegetaleb
Banned

Ok dunno why but it's not installing correctly under Windows 8,installed in Win 7 and worked,even now I can play in windows 8 because I installed it in the same directory :)
Geforce 650 TI Boost get overheat if playing with Ultra so I am playing with High perfectly now

#83 November 9 2013

Ramnesia

i found that the "effect quality" setting in battlefield 4 when set on ultra drops my frame rate to 39fps whenever i am close to explosions so i just lowered this to high, getting a min frame rate of 56 fps near explosions. i don't think it makes much of a difference visually. other than that everything is set to ultra with 2x msaa on a GTX670.

#84 November 9 2013

AVOlio

My 670 is running everything smoothly on Ultra and 4MSAA .
Explosions, crashes everything.

#85 November 9 2013

Ramnesia

you don't get a drop in frame rate? if you don't well you are lucky :)

#86 November 9 2013

AVOlio

Ive never seen it in the 30-40 zone, only 45 plus

EDIT :

Guys, how to unlock the specializations, or perks or whatever ?
I have unlocked one, and completed filling it during a round. It unlocked by itself all 3 of them.
I kept playing with them unlocked in the same server for several rounds.

But when i changed the server, its not unlocked, i have to fill it with Squad bonuses all the way from scratch.
What the Hell .

Is that it ? Were going to have to unlock it every time ??

Last edited by AVOlio (November 9 2013)

#87 November 9 2013

DNA

AVOlio wrote:

EDIT :

I have unlocked one, and completed filling it during a round. It unlocked by itself all 3 of them.

But when i changed the server, its not unlocked, i have to fill it with Squad bonuses all the way from scratch.
What the Hell .

In BF4 specialization are unlocked by the points you and your squad mates accumulate without dying so the higher the score the more specialization you unlock as long as 1 of your squad mates is alive, once your all dead at the same time you lose your specializations. this is why they tell you that your the last squad member alive so you seek cover in order for your sqaud mates to spawn and not loose your perks. hope this makes it clear

#88 November 9 2013

yasamoka

Explosions are going to make your FPS drop no matter what. They seem to be CPU bound and lowering settings will not do the trick I guess.

On a sidenote, this looks very pretty on Ultra and guys, I think giving up MSAA is worth it for that magical 60FPS don't you think ;)

Had banding on MP, I'm almost sure it's not my connection though.

#89 November 9 2013

AVOlio

DNA wrote:
AVOlio wrote:

EDIT :

What the Hell .

In BF4 specialization are unlocked by the points you and your squad mates accumulate without dying so the higher the score the more specialization you unlock as long as 1 of your squad mates is alive, once your all dead at the same time you lose your specializations. this is why they tell you that your the last squad member alive so you seek cover in order for your sqaud mates to spawn and not loose your perks. hope this makes it clear

Yes , i figured that out , and already unlocked them, fill up the bar , by Using MAV in a  Squad DM round.
Unlocked all 3 in recon Class.

But the thing is , It seems you have to unlock them EVERY time !   You change a server . Or quit the game.

Last edited by AVOlio (November 9 2013)

#90 November 10 2013

Lyonx

aliessayli2 wrote:

I tried yesterday and origin just kept giving me

Error wrote:

we were unable to process your payment now try again later.

and the funny part is that they charged me a dollar for every time I tried

If you find a way around this error please let me know. I've been trying to buy premium for a week

#91 November 11 2013

AVOlio

I have just ordered Premium .
Worked from the first try.

#92 November 11 2013

Lyonx

AVOlio wrote:

I have just ordered Premium .
Worked from the first try.

Mexican Store? if so, did you use your Lebanese address or you made up a Mexican one ?

#93 November 11 2013

AVOlio

Yup mexican store.
Man i dont think your address matters, as far as i know, you can fill in anything you want .
I put my address from here if it makes any difference!  :)

#94 November 11 2013

Aly

when I bought from the mexican store, I filled the first name, last name, address, street etc .... with none, none,  none, none etc ...
Even if you chat with a EA advisor on origin for support the first question they ask you is your first name and last name to "update their database" but I never gave it to them.
On a side note I did submit my correct phone number in case they want to call me
Some prepaid internet cards don't work with origin,  my brother's SGBL internet card doesn't work almost anywhere, I use a Silver Master Card and it works fine everywhere.

#95 November 12 2013

AVOlio

I used an SGBL Internet card

#96 November 12 2013

Aly

Hehe you are lucky then I guess, and mabrouk the Premium :)

Last edited by Aly (November 12 2013)

#97 November 12 2013

vegetaleb
Banned

There is definitely something wrong between Nvidia Geforce new cards,Directx 11 and BF4!
Whatever the settings I choose it will crash if paused more than 30 secs with a directx error message.
I searched the internet and it's a well known bug on newest cards like 650ti OC boost and 770ti OC.
Dunno if only the OC versions are getting it.
Nvidia is blaming EA and EA is blaming Nvidia lol!

#98 November 12 2013

AVOlio

@vegetaleb 
Its crashing like hell with me also, i have a 670.
And not when paused only but when i am playing and everything.
It wont give me any directX errors though, just Battlefield 4 has stopped working.
The most annoying part of it is, it only seems to crash when i am having some good or even amazing rounds!
I hope they fix this soon, i still dont know if its from the game, and that they should fix it with a new patch or something, or it is from Nvidia's behalf, and they should do a new driver!
I just hope they fix it!

@Aly ,  thanks

#99 November 14 2013

Aly

1 GB patch has been rolled today, I am downloading.

#100 November 14 2013

Ramnesia

are you getting errors while downloading the patch?

Board footer