LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#26 October 6 2013

Aly

Re: BattleField 4 - Game Thread.

I actually think Battlefield 3 is better way better, but this is only the beta, let's wait and see the final product.

#27 October 6 2013

AVOlio

@Aly,cDude! even the beta is very different than battlefield 3. We're talking about gameplay like you said. the first and most affecting factor, suppression. Have you tried sniping in the beta? dude. no suppression at all
And thats not the only thing, very much has changed
the way you walk, run, the way you jump, you can double jump ! the way you melee ! the way you lock onto targets, swimming, diving, waves affect, firing in water, meleeing in water ! and much much more
Almost every little thing and aspect is more advanced, more quality, more realism

@avok
man, you've barely even played BF3 .

#28 October 8 2013

AVOlio

Just another thing !
That i have found out recently ,
You guys know the RPG right ?
Well , its not an RPG anymore !  Its a combination of RPG+Stinger+Javelin !   OMG !
Basically you can lock on and fire your rockets on ANY kind of vehicles, if they are Laser Painted !

Now tell me that Battlefield 4 is the same as BF3 !

#29 October 8 2013

DNA

sniping is a fail in bf4 its really bad, did like the RPG i took out some choppers it's much easier to predict the flight path of rocket(am sure its gunna be nerfed at release), but overall i didn't like the game at all, Waiting for Ghosts.

#30 October 9 2013

Aly

Personally, I dont like city maps like this Shanghai (Seine crossing in BF3 etc ...) I prefer desert and forest maps like Firestorm and Caspian border, in addition I only play on hardcore servers while all beta servers are normal right now, and I would agree with DNA sniping is not that good, I didnt like the way it feels in BF4.
For now I will wait for BF4 release and the Second Assault DLC which will contain Firestorm and Caspian border, then will decide if I will buy it or not.

#31 October 29 2013

AVOlio

I just got my Key !  Starting to Preload !  24 GB !
Will anyone else gonna be downloading the game? I dont think im gonna make it, cause my internet will stop at the 31th.
If anyone here is going to download it, please tell , and do announce when finished the download.

By the way, @mods and admin.
How come this topic is not sticky yet ??

#32 October 29 2013

ballad

AVOlio wrote:

.How come this topic is not sticky yet ??

game is not that important

#33 October 29 2013

Aly

I would have helped with downloading but I didnt buy the game yet, I am waiting for the Second Assault DLC, to see the remake of Caspian Border and Firestorm, if it looks and feels good to me I will buy the game.

#34 October 29 2013

AVOlio

@ballad
How long has it been since you have seen any activity in cod thread here ? huh !

@Aly
I still feel that your a traitor to Battlefield !   
Even if i didnt like BF4 , from the trailers or the Beta, i would still buy it lol

Anyway,
If i dont make the download, and no one else would be downloading.
I guess i could share you my account so you can start the download and hand it to me after :)
Would be ok with that ?

#35 October 29 2013

ballad

AVOlio wrote:

@ballad
How long has it been since you have seen any activity in cod thread here ? huh !

that's what i mean
they are both getting too mainstream
by a couple of months we will have 10 threads of cod and bf

Last edited by ballad (October 29 2013)

#36 October 29 2013

Aly

@ AVOlio I already started downloading Battlefield 4 - RELOADED to play the campaign,  but its slow because there way too many leechers vs seeders.
If you reach a dead end I will gladly download it for you,  it will finish overnight since Origin download speeds are pretty damn high (at work).

By the way I have a friend in battlelog from Europe he just showed me today that BF4 + PREMIUM cost only 50 € together in Origin Mexico,  many of his friends bought it and he will probably buy it, he is a sniper but still hesitant about buying the game even though its a great deal, he didnt like sniping in bf4 beta.

#37 October 31 2013

Lyonx

Anyone knows where i can grab an original copy (PC) ?

#38 October 31 2013

zalabata

Lyonx wrote:

I guess Nino got it. He already got the PS3 Version.

#39 October 31 2013

Lyonx

zalabata wrote:
Lyonx wrote:

I guess Nino got it. He already got the PS3 Version.

on Nino's FB page it says it does't have PC version :( any idea if Virgin might have it ?

#40 October 31 2013

Aly

Just bought BF4 standard edition for 38.5$ from Origin Store Mexico (499 Mexican Pesos), I will try the game if I like it I will also buy BF4 Premium from there for 30$ (399 Mexican Pesos), if anyone is interested I can show you how to do it (you will need a credit card to pay of course).

#41 October 31 2013

nas93

Aly wrote:

Just bought BF4 standard edition for 38.5$ from Origin Store Mexico (499 Mexican Pesos), I will try the game if I like it I will also buy BF4 Premium from there for 30$ (399 Mexican Pesos), if anyone is interested I can show you how to do it (you will need a credit card to pay of course).

I tried accessing origin mexico it was being sold for 49.99 euros?

#42 October 31 2013

Aly

@AhmadT yes this is how it works, but if you have a credit card, you can save a lot of money using the workaround below.

@nas93 you cant simply access Origin Mexico without a workaround, you can get a vpn to mexico, or try the below, it free and its safer than a vpn.

1- Open firefox and install an addon called Modify headers. (current version is 0.7.1.1)
2- Once installed you might need to restart firefox. Do it.
3- You will have new red icon added in the lower left corner of firefox. If you dont get it no problem you can go to addons see it listed.
4- Add those 2 headers:
headers.png
then click start.
5- Once done go to http://www.origin.com
6- you should be redirected to Origin Mexico : https://www.origin.com/es-mx/store/-ANW.html (You can alternatively open origin.com in another browser with no modified headers to browse your way around the Mexican site.
7- Once inside click in the type in search "Battlefield 4" you will see the standard edition, Digital deluxe, Premium, and Base game + premium bundle, choose the one you want, all prices are in Mexican Pesos, open a currency converter to convert to US dollar.
8- Once you have chosen what you want add it to cart, when you want to proceed to payment, you will be redirected to the payment gateway.
9- At this point, for security reasons, copy the URL from firefox and paste it in another browser like Chrome or IE with no modified headers, I used chrome as it can translate the page for you, proceed with your payment.
10- Enjoy :)

Last edited by Aly (October 31 2013)

#43 November 2 2013

nas93

Thanks for the tut mate :)

#44 November 2 2013

Aly

You're welcome,  I also bought premium last night because I liked the game for 30 $ :)
So in total, I got bf4 base game and premium for 69 $ while the same bundle is being sold fkr 145 $ on the global Origin store.
Also note all games in Origin Mexico store s are cheaper, not only battlefield.

Last edited by Aly (November 2 2013)

#45 November 2 2013

Ramnesia

Aly wrote:

@AhmadT yes this is how it works, but if you have a credit card, you can save a lot of money using the workaround below.

@nas93 you cant simply access Origin Mexico without a workaround, you can get a vpn to mexico, or try the below, it free and its safer than a vpn.

1- Open firefox and install an addon called Modify headers. (current version is 0.7.1.1)
2- Once installed you might need to restart firefox. Do it.
3- You will have new red icon added in the lower left corner of firefox. If you dont get it no problem you can go to addons see it listed.
4- Add those 2 headers:
http://s24.postimg.org/3lo3b7yn9/headers.png
then click start.
5- Once done go to http://www.origin.com
6- you should be redirected to Origin Mexico : https://www.origin.com/es-mx/store/-ANW.html (You can alternatively open origin.com in another browser with no modified headers to browse your way around the Mexican site.
7- Once inside click in the type in search "Battlefield 4" you will see the standard edition, Digital deluxe, Premium, and Base game + premium bundle, choose the one you want, all prices are in Mexican Pesos, open a currency converter to convert to US dollar.
8- Once you have chosen what you want add it to cart, when you want to proceed to payment, you will be redirected to the payment gateway.
9- At this point, for security reasons, copy the URL from firefox and paste it in another browser like Chrome or IE with no modified headers, I used chrome as it can translate the page for you, proceed with your payment.
10- Enjoy :)

thank you for this useful info. i paid 70 $ to get it from pc and parts

#46 November 3 2013

nosense

i did the tut and i was redirected to Mexican store but all the prices were still in euro

#47 November 3 2013

nosense

aliessayli2 wrote:

i did the tut and i was redirected to Mexican store but all the prices were still in euro

nah i wasn't redirected to Mexican store i misread the URL
i will try again

#48 November 3 2013

nosense

Working now , i could have bought FIFA 14 for 32$ :"(
Thanks man for the info

Last edited by nosense (November 3 2013)

#49 November 3 2013

Silentcontrol

i tried it and i got connected to mexico server but i'm worried about something , do i get like limited access if i buy it
witch mean i can only play on Mexican servers for example , or it will be a normal game ?

#50 November 3 2013

nosense

Silentcontrol wrote:

i tried it and i got connected to mexico server but i'm worried about something , do i get like limited access if i buy it
witch mean i can only play on Mexican servers for example , or it will be a normal game ?

When you buy it from us store you don't get limited to us servers, why would it be limited if you buy it from Mexican store ? i don't think so and @Aly can confirm since he purchased it

Board footer