LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#51 December 13 2011

djunited

Re: Best ROMs for Samsung Galaxy S2

#52 December 14 2011

Dope14

i followed this one and i recommend it , its 4 am half asleep took me 3 mins hehe , but thank you so much for the link

@djunited: tell me about the camera quality and the video recording , excellent like the stock rom ?

#53 December 18 2011

djunited

Nope.stock camera is much better.

#54 January 8 2012

Metalloy

Hey there.
I was wondering what are your current recommendation for custom roms? anyone went the ics way? i am especially imterested in what Djunited have to say

#55 January 8 2012

djunited

For the longest time now i have been using checkrom v4 with siyah kernel. speedmod is also good. runs stable and fast. the kp4 and kp8 leaks from samsung are still too unstable as a daily.waiting on cm9 and the anouncement of sgs3 possibly in february.passing the time playing modern combat 3

#56 January 8 2012

Metalloy

i guess ill keep using cm7 for now, my only complaints is when i browse the description of an app on the market my phone will mostly freeze and reboot, and it doesnt support mhl adaptor ( hdmi), apperently only the toms.based on the stock rom can.support this feauture; however i read it somewhere that ics has mhl.driver.built in so cm9.should solve this issue.

#57 January 9 2012

Ziad87

I am also experiencing the same freeze issue in the market. The weird thing is that I have been using this build for the past two months and this issue just started appearing last week.

#58 January 10 2012

Metalloy

it appeared with ne right in the beginning, it is annoying really but i will keep it that way until a stable ics rom comes out and not necessarly cm9.

#59 January 10 2012

Joe

Cleaned up the topic a bit.

@everyone:
Please avoid from using the 'quote' tag, unless it actually makes your post clearer.
Also please make an effort to improve your grammar and spelling.
Thanks.

r.

#60 January 10 2012

Devil'sAdvocate

When will the official ICS for the S2 get released anyway?

will we be able to update via Kies?

#61 January 10 2012

djunited

If im not mistaken kp8 is already available through kies,but i doubt it is available  for this region.why use kies anyway?

#62 January 10 2012

Metalloy

kp8 is still buggy so keep away from it, now i beleive in 2 months we should the official.bug free version.

Board footer