LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 May 1 2012

Marcus Mirdow

Starsat decrypting channels

Hi I have a Starsat SR X1010 HD receiver that I bought for 120$ (http://starsat.com/detail.php?MID=6&SID=25&Id=429) and I installed nilesat dish on it.  I am wondering what is the next step I can do to watch encrypted channels such as national geo hd, jazeera sport hd and all the other hd channels.   What site do you guys use to update the dongle.  Is it safe to update the dongle by youself? My local tv shop told me you might distort the dongle if you do it by youself and its always better to pay 15$ just for him to do it for you.  Is that true?
Please let me know if there are any preferences for dongles, which one is the best and etc...?  Also what website do you use to download the updates for the dongle?  (I need a safe website please)

Thank you very much,

#2 May 1 2012

Marcus Mirdow

Re: Starsat decrypting channels

By the way, there is now MBC 1, 2, 3 and 4 all HD.  Where can I get the update file for the dongle to open these channels on nilesat?  Also how long they last these updates?  Would I be able to watch those encrypted channels for long time? What are your experiences? 

I also would like to know if its possible to watch Spanish channels here in Lebanon.  Meaning La Sexta, Tele madrid , telecinco and Antenna 3 etc...
I heard they are in Astra and Hispasat satellites is that true? Can anyone confirm please?

Thanks

Last edited by Marcus Mirdow (May 1 2012)

#3 May 1 2012

az09za90za

Marcus Mirdow wrote:

My local tv shop told me you might distort the dongle if you do it by yourself and its always better to pay 15$ just for him to do it for you.  Is that true?
Please let me know if there are any preferences for dongles, which one is the best and etc...?  Also what website do you use to download the updates for the dongle?  (I need a safe website please)

http://www.microbox.us/  (that's the official website)
actually installing the software is pretty easy....its about 3 steps process :
1.removing old software.
2.download new software.
3.installing new software.
if you decide it to get a dongle , i can made a small tutorial for the software updating.

for the best one , i have no idea, but i think its all running with the same software...

#4 May 1 2012

eurybaric

oh where do you get that dongle from ? I got the same receiver man and have no clue how things work decryption wise. So if you get around to doing it can u post a small how-to?

Cheers!

#5 May 1 2012

Marcus Mirdow

eurybaric wrote:

oh where do you get that dongle from ? I got the same receiver man and have no clue how things work decryption wise. So if you get around to doing it can u post a small how-to?

Cheers!

One thing I forgot to mention is that you have to do something with the receiver first like patching it or installing another firmware so it can accept the dongle.  I am still not sure about that I will see with my local tv shop.  Its hard to get any information on these topics because every tv shop wants you to pay money each time to update the dongle.

#6 May 1 2012

AVOlio

az09za90za wrote:

http://www.microbox.us/  (that's the official website)

I use that website too,
and the latest software version is 1,83 ME, is it working for you man?

I installed it on the dongle along time ago,its not working.
And just to let you know,yes i know how to install them, the whole process.

#7 May 1 2012

az09za90za

AVOlio wrote:

I use that website too,
and the latest software version is 1,83 ME, is it working for you man?

really don't know...i switched lately the cable guy(due to repetitive dongle cut off...)

#8 May 2 2012

ballad

az09za90za wrote:

if you decide it to get a dongle , i can made a small tutorial for the software updating.

that would be awesome of your behalf

#9 May 30 2012

ZuZ

Guys, anyone has the Truman Ali_3602 ? I got it with something called avatarcamhd.com for 15 days free ...

anyone care to share his experience?!

Board footer