LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#76 April 8 2012

NuclearVision

Re: Feedback for Ogero

cullinan86 wrote:

I so envy you guys. At VISP cable, we get regular and stable 2Mbps for browsing. But when we use torrent, they degrade the connection to below 256kbps...It's their policy to discourage huge downloads.

Man go get ur self an ogero connection. It has a lot of benefits, my opinion it is better than visp:
Good latency 180-220ms( good online gaming , i wont lie theres some lags ;))
Always on- no disconnects like visp does
Stable speed
Price: you pay i suppose like 50$ with ogero you pay 16$ and 4$ for one extra GB.
Torrents' download speed are maximized, you get the speed you're subscribed to (of course it depends on SEEDERS)
And of course the new unlimited 12-7 PM, i suppose you can leave your downloads for overnight and resume them later, everything is available as torrent

#77 April 8 2012

Khaled

Well is there any news whether or not there will be a " fair usage policy " ? because if there is, then unlimited night is useless for the likes of me who is a download freak.

#78 April 8 2012

geekevo

I have been with cyberia for 2 years, no problems my ping ahs been 100 for about 6 months never over 150 since October when i was upgraded and the speed is stable. i get 110kBps on dap.

Last edited by geekevo (April 8 2012)

#79 April 8 2012

AVOlio

Guys,  any update on this news ?!
Is it done already, or still to come ?

Im talking about the Ogero unlimited Night traffic by the way.. (Duuh)

#80 April 8 2012

xazbrat

AVOlio wrote:

Guys,  any update on this news ?!
Is it done already, or still to come ?

Im talking about the Ogero unlimited Night traffic by the way.. (Duuh)

He had a tweet a few days ago that it should be in the Gazette this coming Thursday.  The only thing is to wait and see when Ogero "officially" embraces the policy.

#81 April 13 2012

belal

Nicolas Sehnaoui  @NicolaSehnaoui 
As soon as the decree is published in jaride rasmiye. Its a process i don't control. Could take up to another 2 weeks.
https://twitter.com/#!/nicolasehnaoui

#82 April 13 2012

Kassem

belal wrote:

Nicolas Sehnaoui  @NicolaSehnaoui 
As soon as the decree is published in jaride rasmiye. Its a process i don't control. Could take up to another 2 weeks.
https://twitter.com/#!/nicolasehnaoui

Well at least this time he was honest and realistic right from the beginning. Apparently, he learned his lesson from what happened with the upgrade last October.

#83 April 28 2012

xazbrat

I just want to say it has been a couple of weeks, and I haven't heard anything.  The official gazette online is 2 weeks old, so if anyone has access to a newer copy, could you shed some light on this?

#84 April 28 2012

Monkey D. Luffy

https://www.facebook.com/questions/10151563262635285/
This was posted by the minister today, it should enlighten you

#85 April 28 2012

Raficoo

I posted the question to the minister yesterday on his FB (http://www.facebook.com/Nicolas.Sehnaoui?ref=ts)

"Dear Minister, what has become of the unlimited night for Ogero decree? has it passed into the Official newspaper and if so when will it be implemented(estimation)?"

and he replied:
" Rafic it was signed by the President yesterday, should be in Official Gazette next Thursday"

#86 April 29 2012

amjadk

Well I'm with IDM and I still don't have unlimited night traffic. Would this encourage IDM to activate it within the month of Ogero doing so or should I finally make the switch to Ogero? I'm sick of having to use a cloud server and a vpn from my house just to get a public ip address...

Last edited by amjadk (April 29 2012)

#87 April 29 2012

xazbrat

amjadk wrote:

Well I'm with IDM and I still don't have unlimited night traffic. Would this encourage IDM to activate it within the month of Ogero doing so or should I finally make the switch to Ogero? I'm sick of having to use a cloud server and a vpn from my house just to get a public ip address...

Just wait and see what happens--until it is official, there is no use of jumping the gun.  My guess is that IDM and other ISP's will probably make similar moves.  If they don't, they won't have have much else to offer.  If the IP thing still bothers you, just keep in mind it may take you a couple of months to get another ISP up and running.

#88 April 30 2012

mohammadk97

Soo, if the news that was announced was the 3G alfa offers, when will they announce the unlimited traffic for Ogero ?!

#89 May 3 2012

Raficoo

Share: Mabrouk! Minister Sehnaoui to @Kalamennas Unlimited Night Traffic published today in Official Gazette => http://goo.gl/A0HUl

finally passed, and he said it will begin tomorrow midnight :)

#90 May 3 2012

The-MMMs

i suppose this will make up for the fact that my Ogero connection is still 256kbit

Working it out with the minister on Twitter (or perhaps from someone on his team) he assured me a fix is coming soon to areas that are still not upgraded.

#91 May 4 2012

blabsters

so if we are with ogero then starting today at midnight we get free downloads ? Sweeet

#92 May 4 2012

Monkey D. Luffy

Question: If those who are in region that doesn't have unlimited night traffic will they be able to get unlimited at night or it is a different story?

#93 May 4 2012

mohammadk97

I need to be 100% sure if its started, can someone try to download a big file tonight an see if it worked?

#94 May 4 2012

amjadk

mohammadk97 wrote:

I need to be 100% sure if its started, can someone try to download a big file tonight an see if it worked?

Why don't you let us know?

#95 May 4 2012

mohammadk97

amjadk wrote:
mohammadk97 wrote:

Why don't you let us know?

I have school tomorrow :s my school has breaks on fridays and sundays.

#96 May 4 2012

belal

Just called ogero. He said that he heard the news however he, as an employee at ogero, have not been notified about that issue yet.
Lol.

#97 May 4 2012

mohammadk97

How come we kown before the Ogero employees

#98 May 4 2012

Jinx

I read the decree of the law and they said it will be available starting tonight so I'll try to download some files

and I'll tell you what happens tomorrow morning...

P.S : if it wasn't free you owe me some Gigabytes

#99 May 4 2012

xazbrat

Jinx wrote:

I read the decree of the law and they said it will be available starting tonight so I'll try to download some files

Also, if you can let us know relatively speaking how the speed is compared to other times, that would be useful.  My meek 1mb connection usually maxes out at around 110 kB/s downloading files, and I wonder what it will be at these supposed "dead hours".

#100 May 4 2012

mohammadk97

Jinx wrote:

Haha ok:p

Board footer