LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 May 11 2011

omar_killer

Getting new satellite receiver.

Hi,I heard that there are some kind of receivers that are linux-based,they can be unlocked through the internet to show encrypted channels like OSN,etc...

Can anyone tell me,is that better than the "2ishtirak"?
since my family is really thinking to use this instead of the 2ishtirak.

and can anyone tell how much does they cost?
and from where to buy them?

Thanks. :)

#2 May 11 2011

MegaCool

Re: Getting new satellite receiver.

First of all, no - there isn't any linux-based software that unlocks that channel since that basically is referred to as pirating, and channels just keep updating their codes, so there's no proper use of that, and many channels are encrypted that no hack could open them for free.

However, you can get a sharing dongle which supposedly unlocks some of the channels - I tried that my self with a piece of hardware called 'morebox' and I have to say it started really good with all encrypted channels on Nilesat being open, including OSN and now its collecting dust doing nothing literally.

If you want some FTA goodness:p, go for it, you have choice to watch any FTA channel, plug a hotbird dish and enjoy some 2000 channels, of course, most speak Italian, German, french and Greek. with a superior picture quality to the mediocre $10 subscription.

#3 May 11 2011

omar_killer

thanks for your reply...so it's not worth it?
I think that we'll stick to the cable guy.

#4 May 11 2011

xazbrat

While the linux based receivers are "programmable", you still need to input the codes to get the scrambled channels which is going to be your main problem.   You can subscribe to some servers or through a dongle to get the codes, and the costs and service will vary.

Another option may be getting something like Cablevision which is a little more than you pay your ishtirak guy, but you will get more stations and a much crisper picture.  This is only a good option if you plan on watching on 1 TV though.

#5 May 11 2011

omar_killer

we have 2 tv's, the main cable is connected to a "splitter" to give us 2 cables.

and what about the codes?
if I connect the receiver to the internet would it get the codes automatically?

#6 May 11 2011

xterm

Cablevision : 140$ per year.

1 subscription for 2 TVs

#7 May 11 2011

omar_killer

I saw their website,they have all the channels I need.

but I'am more interested in those Linux receivers,I didn't get the concept,and what should I expect(or do),can anyone explain it for me? thanks :)

#8 May 12 2011

Abou7meed

You can get an internet dongle, what does it open depends on on what server it is connected to. (so you must ask the cable man you are buying the dongle from)

You can have European subscription (be a member in a paid sharing server in Europe) you can watch most HotBird packages : Sky Italia , Nova , Cyfra+ , Polsat ... ) and all the HD included 
That could be done when you take the login info from the paid server... insert them into your receiver then your receiver is connected to the server through the internet sure.

You have 2 kind of servers : NewCamd , CCcam

In Nilesat : OSN changed its encryption system to BetaCrypt 2 since 19/12/2010 which is not shared nor hacked till this moment (so you cant watch OSN on any server)
ART & Jazeera (+1 to +10 also HDs) are available on any server since they are shared or hacked !

So its not the receiver that opens the scrambled channels, its the server you are connecting to ( using P2P sharing cards, using original cards, .....)

Cost : HD receiver approx = 150 $ , subs for 6 month = 80 euros ,  internet dongle for 6 months = 60 $

So if you like adventures, need more channels ( Comedy Central, FOX Crime , ...) many HD channels , some 3D channels ...go to receivers dongles stuff...

IF you are satisfied with the Lebanese collection stick with 2ishterak...and wait 1 more month since they are getting HD receivers (better pic + new HD channels) .... the Platinium ones.

Last edited by Abou7meed (May 12 2011)

#9 May 12 2011

chosen2k

If you watch OSN enough, they were passing messages like " IF YOU OWN A DREAMBOX, YOU ARE PIRATING"
Something like that. So now you have a hint where to look for  :)

I don't know where to buy them though, if you find let me know.

About how they work, (this is how i remember) you link the box to a specialized website. The website requires a subscription fee that is nickels compared to the cost of unlocked channels.
The website feeds the dreambox keys automatically.

PROFIT

Last edited by chosen2k (May 12 2011)

#10 May 12 2011

omar_killer

thx guys,I think that we will stick to the 2ishtirak...bala waj3et ras

#11 May 12 2011

WizaRd

I'll need to know a list of good, reliable and cheap paid servers where I can subscribe to (CCCam or Newcamd, doesn't matter)

I've compiled a list of Egyptian/Moroccan sites but I want to make sure before I put my money in their hands.

#12 May 13 2011

Abou7meed

Flyingwizard wrote:

I'll need to know a list of good, reliable and cheap paid servers where I can subscribe to (CCCam or Newcamd, doesn't matter)

I've compiled a list of Egyptian/Moroccan sites but I want to make sure before I put my money in their hands.

You can ask for a 24-hours test account !

Check this site : http://www.cs-kings.biz/forum.php 
They have European good paid servers, but they are not cheap ! Some are good .... some are expensive,

If you got any good one with no freezes please let me know,

Last edited by Abou7meed (May 13 2011)

#13 April 17 2012

thegodfatherdany

Hello . sorry if it is out of topic but is there any channel on Nilesat/Hotbird  that broadcasts the Champions League Matches live? NBA ? Thank you.

#14 April 17 2012

ballad

thegodfatherdany wrote:

Hello . sorry if it is out of topic but is there any channel on Nilesat/Hotbird  that broadcasts the Champions League Matches live? NBA ? Thank you.

Al Jazeera

#15 April 18 2012

thegodfatherdany

ballad wrote:

Al Jazeera

I dont have any Al Jazeera other than the International one and the Documentary. The plus Jazeera channels arent available i cant find them. I would be glad if you could send me the frequency of any channel that broadcasts these channels ( i dont know which jazeera broadcasts them).

#16 April 18 2012

ballad

thegodfatherdany wrote:
ballad wrote:

Al Jazeera

I would be glad if you could send me the frequency of any channel that broadcasts these channels ( i dont know which jazeera broadcasts them).

1st google result: http://www.aljazeerasport.net/howtowatchus/

Board footer