LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 April 14 2012

lebneniye777

Endangered Japan (Arabic version)

Hi guys,
For anyone that's remotely interested in Political and cultural issues opposing both of Japan and Korea, I recommend this very richly documented and edited video. It goes to explain using photos and animated slides the tensions and conflicts between the two countries.

I'm sure there's a lot of people on here who are into Japanese culture and Japanese technologies. This short documentary shows something very few of us know.

This work is the fruit of long hours, and sleepless nights. Hope you people enjoy, and feel free to leave feedback. (for those who have Youtube accounts).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDuDSkjeoPA

Last edited by lebneniye777 (April 14 2012)

#2 April 14 2012

The-MMMs

Re: Endangered Japan (Arabic version)

Very interested in Japanese Culture; i have been saving for hopefully a trip there as my spoils for graduating hopefully.

Have in mind visiting, Shibuya, Kyoto (in specific), Osaka, and Shinjuku.

I know i sound like some fanboy who just watched some Anime and thought i know it all but i genuinely would like to visit those places at some point in my life time.

Interesting documentary, ill share this as much as i can.

Last edited by The-MMMs (April 14 2012)

#3 April 14 2012

lebneniye777

Thank you for you interest in this video. Your comment is highly appreciated.

I hope you can fulfill this trip in the future. Japan is a marvelous country, with rich culture and history.

I hope this video was convincing, and comprehensive, as translating from Japanese to a difficult language like Arabic was a little bit problematic. Far from an easy task.

I recommend checking the other videos of the uploader. He's already gathered almost 3 million views thanks to his outstanding researches.

Many thanks for watching and sharing the video!

Last edited by lebneniye777 (April 14 2012)

#4 April 14 2012

scorz

@lebneniye777 are you half Lebanese half Japanese?

#5 April 14 2012

lebneniye777

Hello scorz.
I'm actually a half-Lebanese, half-French citizen. I'm somewhat of an expert in the political turmoils proper to East Asia.
I know that very few Lebanese are aware of these conflicts in the other part of the globe, because we already have to deal with our own problems.
The biggest stereotype we have is not telling the difference between a Korean, a Chinese and a Japanese. The fact is all of these three people are culturally and socially very distinct. (tensions that find their origins since the dawn of time, and stressed during World War II).

While this video doesn't cover any explanation on the roots of the problems (you can find that in the uploader's previous entries), it does accentuate one side of the hassle.

Despite the difficult translation, I hope you do find it informative.

Any sort of feedback would be highly appreciated!

#6 April 15 2012

Retrogamer

This video is really insightful... the translation is pretty good too.
I already knew that Samsung's Galaxy was a copycat of Apple's iPhone, but Powermon? you gotta be kidding me...

#7 April 15 2012

scorz

@lebneniye777 Glad to hear that :)
Allow me to jump to PM to not hijack the topic.

#8 April 15 2012

Flakk

Great video. Very interesting information about the situation between these two countries.

The Galaxy and Iphone comparison should be out of the book in my opinion. Samsung merely made the hardware and adapted the Android OS as its software, google made android with some similarities to the apple Iphone OS. And also we all know that Apple is an American company.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_Handset_Alliance

#9 May 23 2012

Bushido

I first fell in love with Japan through its language, and I don’t think it’s very hard to see why. I’ll admit I’m a little biased, but still… I find the sound of it very pleasant, and much softer than a lot of other Asian languages. It feels so nice to speak it too, because the sounds are so simple and easy to pronounce. And yet the sounds are beautiful in their simplicity– there are really no harsh sounds. And the writing system, although difficult to learn, is beautiful in its complexity! Japanese also has so many nice words and expressions that are just impossible to translate into English. One of my favorites is the word natsukashii. It describes a feeling of nostalgia about something, of missing something or just looking back on it with fond memories. For example, when you pull out a dusty old photo album and see pictures of a much younger you with people you haven’t seen in ages, in a (now) silly looking outfit you’d completely forgotten you had– that’s natsukashii. And now, since I’ve been back in the states for a couple months I can say that Japan is natsukashii to me. There is just no single word in English to express this wonderful concept!

I'm half Lebanese, half Japanese - and I come from Sakuragaoka . It's been a pleasure having myself between you guys sharing Japan's culture and traditions.

Much Respect.

Last edited by Bushido (September 11 2014)

#10 May 23 2012

The-MMMs

^ if somebody is interested in learning Japanese how would one go about it ? Like learning Katakana and Hiragana ? Any tips ?

#11 May 23 2012

Bushido

The-MMMs wrote:

^ if somebody is interested in learning Japanese how would one go about it ? Like learning Katakana and Hiragana ? Any tips ?

Hello there The-MMMs,

I've mastered Katakana and Hiragana so is Romaji in Japan/Tokyo. So, when I came back home (Lebanon) I started attending Japanese lessons at AUB. Studying Japanese language is one hell of an awesome step to Japan's culture and traditions as well technology.

If you have time studying some of Japanese basics I suggest you sign up at http://www.LiveMocha.com and start learning them step by step. You get to attend voice learning lessons and written quizes such as multiple choices which makes this website as important as a Japanese learning center itself. I hope you do that and if you needed any help I'd be ready and happy to tell you anything.

Regards.

#12 May 23 2012

The-MMMs

Damn man your like a needle in hay stack

i hope someday we'll meet, you seem like a good person to know in person.

Thanks for the tips, honestly speaking i don't want to sit around his summer doing nothing seeming as though i left my job, so after my uni finals i'll have some 3 months of nothing; not anymore.

Last edited by The-MMMs (May 23 2012)

Board footer