LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#51 April 3 2012

chosen2k

Re: Feedback for Ogero

Oh God, goodbye 200ms ping. Welcome download abusers.

Can someone with a twitter account do me the favor of asking Mr. Nicolas Sehnaoui about the ping issue? :)

I'd like to see that question answered for once.

Last edited by chosen2k (April 3 2012)

#52 April 3 2012

belal

Welcome download abusers.

Yet, I've got to a point where there's basically nothing left to download. Weekly episodes should not be an issue. So, it is fine.

Last edited by belal (April 3 2012)

#53 April 3 2012

xazbrat

chosen2k wrote:

Can someone with a twitter account do me the favor of asking Mr. Nicolas Sehnaoui about the ping issue? :)

The way the system works here, it will take a few months from people to leave one ISP for another, so there is still time....

#54 April 3 2012

chosen2k

belal wrote:

Yet, I've got to a point where there's basically nothing left to download. Weekly episodes should not be an issue. So, it is fine.

You can download everything again because everything is now available in HD.

#55 April 3 2012

Raficoo

chosen2k wrote:

200? I get 100s
2jfj9qx.png

and you talk as if everyone will be downloading all day long, off-course out of the unlimited times alot of people won't think to bypass their limits due to the overcharges

also let's not forget that Lebanon's international bandwidth is increasing bit by bit.. from 2 to 3Gbit/s.. then over time from 3 to 23gbit/s(now) hopefully to 33gbit/s in the "coming weeks".. which should help reduce the effects of more users downloading alot at the same time

I'm used to paying 100,000L.L+ Extra for the consumption.. hopefully with this option I can finally save some money

I miss Europe already
892344732.png
depiranesi0000s.jpg

#56 April 3 2012

The-MMMs

Completely unfair for users who are still on 256kbit connections and have not been upgraded.

I could easily "steal" from these Blink wifi networks anyway, but my conscious is just too good for that; its slowly reclining though.

I was successful in getting a reply from Sehnaoui on his twitter, yet he never replied back when i replied to him

I have forwarded all my problem onto Ontornet, still doesn't seem much help yet

I think ill just burn tires near some CO? Maybe that will work.

Last edited by The-MMMs (April 3 2012)

#57 April 3 2012

NuclearVision

Guys do you know that cyberia's ping is ~45ms

#58 April 3 2012

Kassem

Nicolas Sehnaoui wrote:

Another good news is that the extra consumption fee reduction from a base of 1Gb to a base of 100Mb was also approved. So in other words citizens will now pay for every additional 100Mb consumed over the quota instead of paying for 1Gb as it was previously

Awesome!

#59 April 3 2012

Aly

NuclearVision wrote:

Guys do you know that cyberia's ping is ~45ms

45 ms from where to where ? from your home to Cyberia ? or from Home to Google ?
care to post some ping results and trace routes ?

#60 April 3 2012

maba723

I asked the minister on Twitter how the unlimited night quota will affect the ping, he replied.

"Because we have increased our international capacity and going fiber unlimited night quota has to have no effect on the ping performance."

#61 April 3 2012

Raficoo

maba723 wrote:

I asked the minister on Twitter how the unlimited night quota will affect the ping, he replied.

"Because we have increased our international capacity and going fiber unlimited night quota has to have no effect on the ping performance."

Like I said :)

Raficoo wrote:

also let's not forget that Lebanon's international bandwidth is increasing bit by bit.. from 2 to 3Gbit/s.. then over time from 3 to 23gbit/s(now) hopefully to 33gbit/s in the "coming weeks".. which should help reduce the effects of more users downloading alot at the same time

#62 April 4 2012

babum

that sounds too much of a perfect scenario. Look how long it took them to approve of the use of IMEWE and not even then have all centrals been upgraded. This is going to take a while, hope at least the degree comes after the capacity upgrade and not the other way around.

#63 April 4 2012

The-MMMs

As far as my research goes, all centrals have been upgraded, but in some areas household have not received any updates.

Trying to see what the solution is, im not asking for the impossible but at least some sort of compensation for these areas.

#64 April 4 2012

babum

My bad I do not actually manage any information on the centrals, I meant on the household side there was no significant improvement.

Going to a solution, I don't think the new capacity will be in place before the unlimited night traffic is enforced, so service will not be as good as before for that time (If new customers join Ogero as a consequence of the night traffic) then things will go back to normal, either people leaving Ogero or new capacity being added.

Assuming that all centrals are capable of giving unlimited night traffic to all accounts, there might be a constraint there.

#65 April 4 2012

arithma

Why do people hoard when they can download almost anything at a day's notice?

#66 April 4 2012

thechosenjester

@arithma we are on limited internet if we consume 1gb we pay 6,000 L.L

#67 April 4 2012

xazbrat

maba723 wrote:

That's too pat of an answer--it's like living next to a river.  When it snows or rains a lot, the river swells up and there is lots of water.   When there is a drought, it trickles down to a shadow of itself.  What I am saying is, if you don't replace or update the pipes in your house, it doesn't matter how much water is in the river--just how much your pipes can handle. 

(may I get a vote for worst analogy ever :) )

Right now, most of would agree that the infrastructure from the CO to the user is a bit lacking--I don't know if it is enough to affect an increase in volume during the "free" period, but based on how other ISP's have had to FUP users, it seems we already have a verdict.

#68 April 4 2012

NuclearVision

I will be glad to post some TESTs in the coming few days since it's my uncle subscribed to cyberia, he lives in beyrouth I don't know if latency had changed because i tried the speedtest when the speed was upgraded to 1Mbps. And I am sure the ping was 45ms.

Last edited by NuclearVision (April 4 2012)

#69 April 5 2012

NuclearVision

Thats Cyberia: http://www.speedtest.net/iphone/236515079.png

Last edited by NuclearVision (April 5 2012)

#70 April 5 2012

Aly

NuclearVision what you just posted is a known iphone bug with speedtest.net that doesn't mean your ping to  Damascus is 45 ms (Or any other country), just do some pings and trace routes you will see the difference ;)

#71 April 5 2012

NuclearVision

Aly wrote:

NuclearVision what you just posted is a known iphone bug with speedtest.net that doesn't mean your ping to  Damascus is 45 ms (Or any other country), just do some pings and trace routes you will see the difference ;)

No man. There's no bug, with my ogero connection i get ~200ms to Damascus with the same app. I can't use pc right now.

Last edited by NuclearVision (April 6 2012)

#72 April 5 2012

Sup3r

belal wrote:

lol i've got like 100000 gb data to download

Cheers for my same central users

Last edited by Sup3r (March 26 2013)

#73 April 5 2012

NuclearVision

Sup3r wrote:
belal wrote:

lol i have something like 100000 gb data to download

Cheers for my same central users

I think you should leave the chance for people like me to finish their torrents ;)

#74 April 6 2012

amkahal

it's like a confirmation from Terranet, in a call yesterday, the customer care guy told me, that when ogero starts with this feature, they will start too.

#75 April 6 2012

cullinan86

I so envy you guys. At VISP cable, we get regular and stable 2Mbps for browsing. But when we use torrent, they degrade the connection to below 256kbps...It's their policy to discourage huge downloads.

Board footer