LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 February 15 2012

Brashen

Brashen's Digital Art.

Hey guys new here though I've been lurking for quite awhile, mostly to keep up to date with the internet situation in Lebanon.

Anyhoots, I'm a Concept Designer working in Downtown but my real passion is art. I paint digitally and I do a lot of freelance work for the great wide world.

(WARNING SHAMELESS PLUG)
To check out some of my work you can go here: http://brashen.deviantart.com/

Oh I'm a massive gamer...PC gamer that is. Sort of a massive elitist prat when I come to arguing about PC gaming and how it's obviously better than....see there I go again.

Would love to know if there are any people that love Digital art as I do on here.

Toodles.

#2 February 15 2012

Joe

Re: Brashen's Digital Art.

Hello Brashen and welcome to Lebgeeks :=)

#3 February 15 2012

Nabs

Welcome aboard, and those are some wicked wicked images!

Last edited by Nabs (February 15 2012)

#4 February 15 2012

yasamoka

Hey there Brashen. Welcome to Lebgeeks!

I see you have 2 x GTX 285's in SLI. I was wondering, I was planning to go SLI / CrossFire. Do you notice any input lag or microstuttering with those 285's on the NEC 30 inch?

And btw, really nice monitor! Where did you get it from? Are you in Lebanon? Was it a pain getting it to Lebanon?

#5 February 16 2012

Brashen

@rahmu: Thanks bud looking forward to sticking around for a long time :)

@Nabs: That's very much appreciated Nabs, thanks!!

@ yasamoka: Thanks dude. As for the query I sold off one of the cards when I realized non of the programs I use heavily take advantage of SLI. But I never noticed any microstuttering with the cards and I used to stress test and benchmark continuously back when I still had time to indulge in that past time. 

But for a 30 incher, and especially if you want to play at native res, you're better off getting a single card with mucho Vram.

As for where I got the NEC, I had to purchase it from an online dealer in the states. Had them check it for any defects while it was there. Your going to definitely pay a bucket load of money to get it over here shipping it with a reliable shipper like FED EX or DHL will probably run you upwards of 100 bucks and then there's the VAT that you pay here and extra shipping handling that the shippers charge you for some reason.

But I do know there's a NEC distributor here and from what I garnered talking to the Rep on the phone they seemed to have the 30incher. But it's obviously going to be priced ala Lebanese pricing.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

#6 February 16 2012

yasamoka

@Brashen: Aha thank you so much for the complete reply. I do understand what you're talking about. I bought a GTX 260 shortly after it released and I do know what you mean. And yes, VRAM is pretty important at such a resolution.

Enjoy your time here!

#7 February 20 2012

Brashen

Noproblemo yasamoka, glad I could help and thanks for the welcome!!

#8 March 16 2012

Brashen

Hey Geeks,

I just uploaded a video to vimeo that shows somewhat my process when I paint digitally for all who want to check it out. Ware that the video is 21 minutes long so those of you worried about your quota should think twice before clicking the link.

Hope you guys enjoy.

Link: http://vimeo.com/38629905

keira_knightly_painting_sketch_part_1_by_brashen-d4t0efj.jpg

Last edited by Brashen (March 16 2012)

#9 March 16 2012

xterm

It's so unfair, I want to be able to paint like that.

#10 March 16 2012

Nabs

Have you seen the movie Limitless? I think you get a free sample pill with every genuine purchase.

#11 March 17 2012

Brashen

Thanks lads stand by for part 2.

Also Nabs.....I haven't the slightest idea what you just said

Board footer