LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 December 13 2011

Tarek
Banned

domain transfer

Hello
I have a domain with yahoo and a domain with 1and1.
I want to transfer the yahoo domain to 1and1 but i cant afford to stop my emails for more than 48 hours.
I dont have any experience regarding this matter . should i point the yahoo domain dns to 1and1 ?
any advice plz

#2 December 13 2011

BashLogic

Re: domain transfer

transfering the domain registra is one thing,  configuring the domain to change as where it points to is another thing.

you can change your registra without any interuption. as for swapping your mail service or whatever web server you might have, requires some attention.

at this point, its hard to give you any further advice before you state more specifically as what it is that you intent to do.

#3 December 13 2011

rolf

In theory you should be able to transfer without any effect on service. you can probably copy all the DNS records from yahoo to 1and1, no effect should be felt when the transfer happens.

PS: If you're transferring from one hosting to another, then it's another thing - and your post title would be misleading.

Last edited by rolf (December 13 2011)

#4 December 14 2011

Tarek
Banned

I have socimex.net and centralmotors.org with yahoo . i just use it for emails . and i have other domains with 1and1 ( like safrimex.net per ex )
I want to transfer socimex.net and centralmotors.org to 1and1 but i cannot afford to stop my emails more than 48 hours ( weekend )

i want to stop using yahoo and just 1and1 . what further explication should i provide ?!
please advise

Last edited by Tarek (December 14 2011)

#5 December 14 2011

rolf

Try repeating a third time maybe someone will help you - coz you know we're all a bit dumb here.

Board footer