LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#51 November 15 2011

AvoK95

Re: Battlefield - Game Thread

bitsh-hunter wrote:

why does my bf3 keep crashing it says sometimes low on memory and then it shows me a dx error bla bla bla
and i hv 6gb of ram and a gtx 580 so wtf ?

Try:
-Updating your Direct X
-Updating your Video Driver
-Try checking/increasing virtual memory
-If you're running something else then Windows 7 then that's the problem.

#52 November 15 2011

bitsh-hunter

i already had  my direct x and video driver updated when i was getting that msg now im gona see if  increasing virtual memory works i will post the error when i get it ...
oh and i had origin running and chrome which i cant close  and my card is set to stock settings
i have a 2600k overclocked to 4.3 Ghz and asus p8p67 pro and also most of the times it happens when go to desktop i go back to the game and i get that error...

Last edited by bitsh-hunter (November 15 2011)

#53 November 15 2011

cmwic

try using internet explorer instead and see if the problem persists.

#54 November 15 2011

AVOlio

Hey Guys, i need your opinions about BattleField 3 and COD MW3.  Which one is better for me to get on PS3?
I know that in COD,you can do both Missions and challenges (like in mw2) but, what about battlefield 3? is it also missions and challenges? or you just play like against Bots in rounds. like in the previous battlefield games.

I think battlefield would be cooler because of all the vehicles,choppers,planes in it !!
So anyway.. tell me your opinion guys who played any of these new amazing games

#55 November 15 2011

Firas

CoD
=
Can't Own Dice

BF3: Above and Beyond the "call".

i was a CoD fan since the first ww2 game that came out of it, never liked the Battlefield series, but BF3 IS JUST SO FREAKING AMAZING, omg brb gotta play

#56 November 16 2011

mezin

AVOlio wrote:

Hey Guys, i need your opinions about BattleField 3 and COD MW3.  Which one is better for me to get on PS3?
I know that in COD,you can do both Missions and challenges (like in mw2) but, what about battlefield 3? is it also missions and challenges? or you just play like against Bots in rounds. like in the previous battlefield games.

I think battlefield would be cooler because of all the vehicles,choppers,planes in it !!
So anyway.. tell me your opinion guys who played any of these new amazing games

it depends on what you enjoy ...

mw3 is fast paced shoot whatever comes in your face type of game ...

bf3 is more realistic and team work is essential thus a bit slower paced due to some strategy involved

personally i prefer bf3

#57 November 16 2011

Firas

I read on the forums that a lot of players are being kicked out of the game dude to "connection to the server timed out" it seems to be a wide problem, i think this might help. didnt try it though

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/batt … d-out.html

#58 November 16 2011

Firas

I found a solution for this annoying problem, by going to the router settings via web and disabling the upnp, but whenever i restart the router it turns it back on, whats upnp anyway and can i disable it forever?

#59 November 17 2011

RyanAn

Sup guys,

my bf3 runs good on my pc but not on ultra mode, I've heard that bf3 on pc is better then ps3.

There's an online tool that tells you if your graphics card is compatible with bf3, mine failed.

I think the difference other then graphics is that the bf3 pc version online maps fits 64 players which is mega cool but if I will have fps issues and so I prefer to get it on the ps3.

What do you guys think ?

Thanks

#60 November 17 2011

Firas

RyanAn wrote:

Sup guys,

my bf3 runs good on my pc but not on ultra mode, I've heard that bf3 on pc is better then ps3.

There's an online tool that tells you if your graphics card is compatible with bf3, mine failed.

I think the difference other then graphics is that the bf3 pc version online maps fits 64 players which is mega cool but if I will have fps issues and so I prefer to get it on the ps3.

What do you guys think ?

Thanks

Not that im a pc fan and dislike consoles but check this.

edit: Actually i am a pc fan and i hate consoles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j36jFj3B … re=related

Last edited by Firas (November 17 2011)

#61 November 17 2011

RyanAn

Firas wrote:
RyanAn wrote:

Sup guys,

What do you guys think ?

Thanks

Not that im a pc fan and dislike consoles but check this.

edit: Actually i am a pc fan and i hate consoles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j36jFj3B … re=related

Just saw it, sound was in sync with the pc screen and not the ps3 so that gave a + to the pc for the viewers.

I know graphics are better on the pc then on the ps3 because the ps3 is simply made around 4 yrs ago but on the pc u have constant update of graphic cards and processors.

The thing that I'm afraid of is that my pc won't be able to handle it well with 64 players in the map and is the good graphics(the one before ultra) options on the pc same as the ps3 ?

a side note since it doesn't share multiplayer between pc and ps3, 2 of my frds got it on the ps3 :S

Thanks

#62 November 17 2011

yasamoka

Console graphics are almost equivalent to low mode, and that's probably a quote from DICE. What graphics card do you have? I have a GTX 260 OC barely running it on high @1080p. Minimum is 26 (lowest I have seen for a split second), average is low 30s. 30-33-34-35-40-up to 55 sometimes even. So that's great.

Last edited by yasamoka (November 17 2011)

#63 November 17 2011

AVOlio

Another question guys,   on one PS3, how many players can play these 2 games
Batllefield 3   and Call Of Duty MW 3 .  how many players on one ps3 ??     and if more than one player,will the gameplay would be on splitscreen or something ?

#64 November 17 2011

AvoK95

AVOlio wrote:

Another question guys,   on one PS3, how many players can play these 2 games
Batllefield 3   and Call Of Duty MW 3 .  how many players on one ps3 ??     and if more than one player,will the gameplay would be on splitscreen or something ?

Of course It'll be split screen. I think you can play up to 4 players and up to 64 players online.

#65 November 17 2011

AVOlio

both battlefield 3 and call of duty mw3 ? or just call of duty ?!   Any other  tried/proven/seen and sure answers about the # of players in these 2 games ?  and then the way of the game in multiplayer

#66 November 17 2011

omarmasri

dude battlefield 3 on Ps3 has no splitscreen modes only online but Mw3 has up to 4player split screen modes

#67 November 17 2011

AvoK95

There should be more videos with different games in order to shut those people up who think that consoles have better graphics.
Am I right or am I right ?

#68 November 17 2011

Firas

Real Games are played on the PC, period.

#69 November 18 2011

RyanAn

yasamoka wrote:

Console graphics are almost equivalent to low mode, and that's probably a quote from DICE. What graphics card do you have? I have a GTX 260 OC barely running it on high @1080p. Minimum is 26 (lowest I have seen for a split second), average is low 30s. 30-33-34-35-40-up to 55 sometimes even. So that's great.

Hey man,

Check my pc specs below to help me in choosing what to get it on:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/97/pcspecsj.png/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/221/pcspecs2.png/

Thanks,
Ryan

#70 November 18 2011

AVOlio

I just Got Battlefield 3 for ps3 Today.! Daamn its so cool, if only it could have supported mouse and keybord on the PS3. Im sucking in the game with a joystick !  But in the PS3 version, they should have like put in a training gameplay so that we could train a little bit,and get used to on playing with joystick. Or just they should have made the game support K/M on PS3 . Im now playing the part where im in the plane wiping out other planes in the air and the aircraft      (i should play it at least 2 years on PS3 before going online, with my joystick skills haha)

#71 November 21 2011

mezin

AVOlio wrote:

I just Got Battlefield 3 for ps3 Today.! Daamn its so cool, if only it could have supported mouse and keybord on the PS3. Im sucking in the game with a joystick !  But in the PS3 version, they should have like put in a training gameplay so that we could train a little bit,and get used to on playing with joystick. Or just they should have made the game support K/M on PS3 . Im now playing the part where im in the plane wiping out other planes in the air and the aircraft      (i should play it at least 2 years on PS3 before going online, with my joystick skills haha)

That happened to me when i first got my ps3, do note however that the learning curve is exponential. You're going to be playing much better sooner than you expect.

#72 November 21 2011

RyanAn

Hey guys, can someone please answer my above question about bf3 compatiblity on the pc ?

Also, where can I get it an original key or the original game from?

I have the cracked version on my pc, is it better to just get the original key ?

Thanks,
Ryan

#73 November 21 2011

md1
Banned

you can get the origin key and the original game from pcandparts.com.

#74 November 21 2011

AVOlio

Who here (generally in Lebanon) plays Battlefield 3 on PSN online ?!

#75 November 21 2011

Transporter

RyanAn wrote:

Hey guys, can someone please answer my above question about bf3 compatiblity on the pc ?

Also, where can I get it an original key or the original game from?

I have the cracked version on my pc, is it better to just get the original key ?

Thanks,
Ryan

You can try to play the campaign  if everything runs good it will run good in Multiplayer, I have a E8400 Core 2 Duo + GTX 260 VGA and I play it on Medium runs smoothly from the beginning of the match to the end, my brother have an E6600 + 9600 GT OC he runs on low graphics and resolution 1366*768 he also have no problem at all, those who have a "not so powerfull PC" like me and my bro you should forget about "high & ultra" and enjoy the game at low & medium setting which is not bad at all, in fact I am playing BF3 everyday, I come back from work and play it 2-3 or 4 hours and it is an awesome game, in addition my brother and I only play on 64 players server (We have Wise 4 Mbps) there is no "internet lag" at all, ping is constant (90-95 ms).
Now for those who still dont have the game and are in doubt about buying it I can tell you I have bought 4 copies of the game so far for me, my bro and my 2 cousins , 2 copies Limited edition (RU) and 2 copies standard edition (RU), there is no problem at all with the RU version so far, even after you convert it to english it runs as it is supposed to run.
Rayan you can buy a CD Key only from online stores and redeem it in origin and download the game, you can skip a lot of download time by copying some files from the pirated game to the origin folder, you can check older posts in this topic and the other topic describing the things that should be done, also you can buy it from PCandparts or if you have a credit card you can do like me and buy from where I bought it, I bought last saturday the 4th copy for my cousin for 28$ (RU version) using moneybookers.

Board footer