LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 June 10 2005

samer
Admin

PC Case Made Completely of Fans

I work in a computer store building PCs all day. With every new case there are one or two 8cm case fans included. Most of the systems we build do not need any more cooling than is supplied by the CPU fan as most of our customers generally don't go in for all this "overclocking malarky".
Looking around the stock room I discovered two large boxes of unused 8cm case fans.

Surfing through case mod sites, the most popular mod you see (besides Lexan windows) is some form of whizzy cooling device, be it fan or waterblock. People go to great lengths to keep their PCs cool.

Now... putting these two things together... read the tutorial

it's actually a great idea  :lol: you'll never worry about cooling your computer again.

#2 June 10 2005

mahdoum

Re: PC Case Made Completely of Fans

well I don't want an airplane in my room

#3 June 10 2005

mahdoum

btw can you imagine trying to hold that pc with it on?? Instant minced meat (good for the kitchen as well) lol

#4 June 10 2005

rolf

Actually you may be surprised, but in reality, the more fans you have, the more you can make your PC silent.
It's simple really: more fans = you can run fans at lower speeds and have less noise.
Say you have only one case fan, you'll have to be running it at 4000 rpm to keep your case cool. But if you have TWO case fans, you can run them at 2000 rpm each and have a better result. And 2 fans and 2000 rpm are way more silent than one fan at 4000 rpm. It's the same principle for using bigger fans too.

#5 June 10 2005

karim soubra

also bigger fans such as 12cm create better air flow at lower speeds ie silence

#6 June 10 2005

mahdoum

ok but the minced meat still holds lol

#7 June 11 2005

rolf

ok but the minced meat still holds lol

yeah ;)

#8 February 11 2006

hisham88

lool this is so unpractical !!  and btw u guys ill give u an example : my processor fans are more silent than my VGAs ,, always check what is making the noise ( if ure curious i mean )  the secret is in the case and its cooling system !

Last edited by hisham88 (February 11 2006)

#9 May 12 2007

aboowissam

Enlight cases have been in the market here for more than a year and they are equipped with super silent fans and fair budget I always advise my customers to add supplementary fans wherever and whenever possible.
HDD fan, VGA fan, ets.  and water block cooling is also available the only problem is that cost is still too high.
A Dangerden set may cost up to $1000 I also recommend a real Power supply with minimum 300 watt (real) for desktop light office sets.

#10 May 15 2007

Chris

Looks fugly... and might chop your baby brother's finger while he's running around the house like a madman

Board footer