LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 November 6 2011

samer
Admin

Battlefield - Game Thread

I have created this dedicated thread to avoid flooding the rest of the forum with the dozens of questions everyone has about Battlefield. From now on, please use this topic instead of creating a new one.

#2 November 6 2011

Firas

Re: Battlefield - Game Thread

Ok i have two problems.

1st i wanted to play battlefield 3 so bad so i got it from origin for 50 euro and i got a pirated copy from scc.

i don't want to download all the 11gb so if anyone please can help me with issue, like the steam one where i can copy files and save all the download.

2nd battlefield 3 seems impossible to play, i have a core i7 and 8gb ram with 8600GT and it plays so freaking slow( the scc pirated single player version) is it probably cause i have origin installed and it found out the pirated copy and made it slow, i remember some cracked games have issue with this like the gta4 drunk or the batman where you couldn't jump of that building both were pirated but later the made a better crack.

#3 November 6 2011

AvoK95

Firas wrote:

Ok i have two problems.

1st i wanted to play battlefield 3 so bad so i got it from origin for 50 euro and i got a pirated copy from scc.

i don't want to download all the 11gb so if anyone please can help me with issue, like the steam one where i can copy files and save all the download.

2nd battlefield 3 seems impossible to play, i have a core i7 and 8gb ram with 8600GT and it plays so freaking slow( the scc pirated single player version) is it probably cause i have origin installed and it found out the pirated copy and made it slow, i remember some cracked games have issue with this like the gta4 drunk or the batman where you couldn't jump of that building both were pirated but later the made a better crack.

Update your Nvidia drivers to 285.62 and also your graphics card is very absolete ,that might be the issue
but try updating your Nvida drivers you should be fine

#4 November 6 2011

Firas

AvoK95 wrote:

Update your Nvidia drivers to 285.62

it is 285.62 >_<

#5 November 6 2011

AvoK95

Firas wrote:
AvoK95 wrote:

Update your Nvidia drivers to 285.62

it is 285.62 >_<

Try a clean driver install.
download and install Driver Sweeper
uninstall your Nvidia drivers and other programs that came or are related with your graphics card.
Restart your system and go into safe mode (by pressing F8 several times before Windows boots up)
After you're in safe mode right click on Driver Sweeper and choose "Run as administrator" then choose yes, now tick all boxes that are Nvidia related and when it request a restart choose yes to restart your system.
Boot Windows in normal mode and reinstall your drivers on Custom and tick the box that says "Do a clean install" and continue with the setup , then restart your system.
Now update your cards BIOS, and download the latest version of its programs.
Your problem should be solved.
If by any means you have trouble doing what is above just PM me and I'll be glad to help.

#6 November 6 2011

Firas

Thanks i will try that might add this info to help others credit goes to Transporter

any other persons who wants to know which files to copy from the pirated copy to the genuine copy in order to skip the huge downloads and get to the end of the download quickly, first of all you need to pause the download , exit origin to do so, if you only pause the download without quitting origin it will not recognize the files and continue normally, so those are the correct steps in case I missed some in my previous post (Giving that you have Hotspotshield installed and know how you connect):
1- Pause the download
2- Exit origin
3- copy paste the files
4- start origin
5- Connect hotspotshield
6- Download

During the stage of "preparing" origin will notice that you have added the files and will skip them, it will jump to the 70, 80 or 90%
Now the files you should copy:
Code:

__Installer/directx
__Installer/punkbuster
__Installer/vc
Core/codecs
Core/imageformats
Core/lang
Core/EAcore.dll
Core/libay32.dll
Core/Qt***.dll  ====> This means everything that starts with Qt with an extention .dll
Data/   ===> All the folder and its the biggest
Pb/
Support/
Update/

#7 November 6 2011

AvoK95

Hey Firas,
I just watched this video, and what Linus (the guy in the video) said that anything below a 8800GT would make the game run slow,
he also mentioned to check The Battlefield 3 GPU analysis tool which checks if your PC and is ready for BF3
Now since we know that it isn't, it gives you a chart providing different graphics cards that show you what to upgrade to.
so good luck mate, you need a new graphics card.
I recommend you to get a 560TI or a 570 , so that you can have the best gaming experience with your PC :)

#8 November 6 2011

Firas

Your PC's NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT is below the game's recommended specifications.

guess its time for a new graphic card for bf3. Any idea where i can get 560TI or 570 and for how much

#9 November 6 2011

md1
Banned

Firas wrote:

Your PC's NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT is below the game's recommended specifications.

guess its time for a new graphic card for bf3. Any idea where i can get 560TI or 570 and for how much

pc and parts

#10 November 6 2011

trophyhunter

hey guys. i may get the game soon but i want to know if i get 120ms ping in cod how much will i get ping in BF3 .if i get higher pings than cod.by how much approximatly ?please reply soon

#11 November 6 2011

Firas

I managed to get in the game its amazing, but sometimes i get this message

Game got disconnected: your connection to the server timed out.

i have 512mb ogero

#12 November 6 2011

AvoK95

Firas wrote:

I managed to get in the game its amazing, but sometimes i get this message

Game got disconnected: your connection to the server timed out.

i have 512mb ogero

Ogero isn't good for gaming
they have high pings and their connection disconnects.
consider changing ISP-s

#13 November 6 2011

md1
Banned

trophyhunter wrote:

hey guys. i may get the game soon but i want to know if i get 120ms ping in cod how much will i get ping in BF3 .if i get higher pings than cod.by how much approximatly ?please reply soon

the the ping is the same on all games . But the the ping differ from a server to an other ,the best server for the game is the Germane servers .

#14 November 6 2011

Rody
Banned

Guys what is the best ISP for gaming ?
and what is the best and fastest that someone can get , let's for 4 or 5 pcs playing online at the same time ?

#15 November 6 2011

khalil13

there is a whole thread covering internet in lebanon, i would say you search the site, see what you get, if you didn't get what you were looking for, ask the question over there, before we get out of subject.

#16 November 6 2011

Rody
Banned

man i need to go through hundreds of opinions to find out, i just need straight answers on my two questions
thanks

#17 November 6 2011

WizaRd

Then I suggest you post in the correct thread in the first place...

#18 November 6 2011

trophyhunter

thanks dude helped a lot but i wish i am getting info from a guy who had played cod and bf3 on the same connection and made the comparison

md1 wrote:
trophyhunter wrote:

the the ping is the same on all games . But the the ping differ from a server to an other ,the best server for the game is the Germane servers .

#19 November 6 2011

khalil13

anyway, as far as i know, latency is affected by the quality of the line, as long as the users using this line, since ogero gives the same lines to all isp's, then they all have the same quality, but the traffic differs, so dont go neither with ogero nor with sodetel since they are the most crowded isp's. please correct me if i am wrong

#20 November 7 2011

Firas

I found some isreali servers with 80s latency, now if i played on em, will the mokhbarat be knocking on my door?

#21 November 7 2011

md1
Banned

Firas wrote:

I found some isreali servers with 80s latency, now if i played on em, will the mokhbarat be knocking on my door?

why you don't play on German servers ?

#22 November 7 2011

Raficoo

Firas wrote:

I must say I honestly lol'd with great extremity

If you were not joking, then no.. nothing will happen, I've played several online games where Israelis hosted the game and I'm still home :|

#23 November 7 2011

n00bPoWeR

The game runs much better on multiplayer than on singleplayer... not sure why but.

Servers where I have best ping are usually french. I tried an israeli server once but it wasn't better than a euro one..

#24 November 7 2011

ILIA_93

#25 November 7 2011

andy1123

Okay so battlefield 3 is not a true sequel to battlefield 2... No mod support, no squad voip, maps are half size, core features are simply not there... F#ck the gaming world nowadays... it's lost its creative space... now its more about blockbuster film-gaming and no effort at all in terms of creativity.

Board footer