LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 October 26 2011

AVOlio

Playing various filetypes of videos,with subtitles

Hey guys, i need help. i want to know how am i going to be able to play a video with an Armenian subtitle. I have the subtitle, i made it with AHD subtitles maker pro, but i cant play it with the movie. Its giving me all this interrogation marks "???? ?????? ???? ???". I know its a codec/language thing but i just do not know how to fix it and make it work.  Any one has an idea ?

Last edited by AVOlio (October 26 2011)

#2 October 26 2011

eurybaric

Re: Playing various filetypes of videos,with subtitles

Just download separate sub file, and play with VLC media player ( it's free and it plays practicallly everything)

#3 October 26 2011

AVOlio

it didnt work man, im still getting  "???? ?????  ????? ???" as subtitles

#4 October 26 2011

shekvaL

go to the program proprieties and edit the subtitle default encoding and choose it as windows-1256, it should look like " Arabic (windows-1256) , anyway if this didn’t work please download another subtitles

#5 October 26 2011

AVOlio

it did not work either,  thank you for your help guys by the way.
Isnt there anyone who knows how to make this happen??

#6 October 26 2011

hussam

Try changing the character encoding till you find one that correctly displays Armenian characters. Try Western (ISO-something) or Western (Windows-something).
Edit: The font you are using needs to support the character set as well.

Last edited by hussam (October 26 2011)

#7 October 26 2011

Tigerheart.Hackers

OK, here's what you do. First, you go to your language settings and choose the subtitles' language as your default non-unicode. Restart your computer. Open the subtitles file with notepad, and save it as filename.extension, save as type all files, and use UTF-8 for encoding. Rename the subtitles file to be the same as the video's name, only with different extension. Now (presuming you're on Windows 7), if you simply open the video, your subtitles should play automatically and without errors.

#8 October 27 2011

AVOlio

man i changed the display language. but i didnt get you about saving the subtitle as..?!    my sub file's extension is .srt  i encoded it to UTF-8  but it still didnt work.

Board footer