LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 October 20 2011

d3ad

Dongle for channels

hey guys

is there anyone using it? i got it for jsc but it stops to work every 4-10 mins :s in that normal is there any remedy!

#2 October 20 2011

AVOlio

Re: Dongle for channels

hey Dude.  which one do you have?  I have Alpha 2.  its working now (i dont kno which software it is) because i have 2 dongles,and i got lost between them while updating the softwares, 1 is working now but the second one i dont know. i'm actually watching HBO  now, The Facebook Movie i on now lol
And for the freezing, yea that is very normal. it freezes randomly. and sometimes it stops for about 2-3 hours or so, to update automaticly from the satellite but then comes back to working

#3 October 21 2011

d3ad

I have no idea about the name of it :s ill post a pic of it once i get back home, its attached via serial cable to strong receiver.

and its stopping like always specially on match days :(

#4 October 21 2011

Abou7meed

I have the ethernet one dongle (it connects to the internet) JSC is fine with no freezes it open Jsc HD too,
HBO HD is good...but Sky Italia SD & HD freezes every now & then :S

#5 October 21 2011

d3ad

abou i have the same, Ethernet one which receiver are you using with it, the tv i have has no HD input so I bought a normal one :)

#6 October 21 2011

Abou7meed

I have StarSat 1000HD , with Sony 32" HD Screen,
Maybe the freezes in the dongle due to low internet speed or something !!
What internet do you have ?
try connecting the dongle alone to the net without downloading or using net (from other devices: laptop,desktop)

As AVOlio said you may have some glitches between time to time ... but in general it is good !
What do you have other than Nilesat ? what does it open for you other than Jsc ?

#7 October 21 2011

AVOlio

hey Abou7meed.  would you post a picture of your receiver and dongle in here too ??  but as i know,ethernet (internet) dongles are called Dreambox,  and as i heard, they open EVERY SINGLE scrambled channel, NO exception. is that the one you have?   post a picture man

#8 October 21 2011

d3ad

AVOlio, Dreambox work on a different setup i used to own one in bahrain, it works on Sharing cards, or you can just use a server who has all the cards :)

internet could be an issue as its a shared building one :s

#9 October 22 2011

Abou7meed

here are the pics I found on the net, its exactly the same as mine,

21e21ictg
21e8nnqsk
21ebyqfs4

it connects to the internet to a card sharing server you are subscribed with, opening the scrambled channels depends on which original/P2P/hacked card the server has ( Jsc , Sky , Nova, ....)

A DreamBox is not a dongle its a whole receiver system, which has its own servers also !!

Edit: How can I post a pic ! I just upload it, put the URL inside the " Img " doesn't work! sorry for that

http://postimage.org/image/21e21ictg
http://postimage.org/image/21e8nnqsk
http://postimage.org/image/21ebyqfs4

Last edited by Abou7meed (October 22 2011)

#10 October 22 2011

d3ad

Abou  thats exactly the one i have also ..

#11 October 23 2011

AVOlio

Damn dongle. it stopped yesterday too when the match was on! (Barcelona vs Sevilla)
I only watched the first half.

#12 October 23 2011

d3ad

AVOlio wrote:

Damn dongle. it stopped yesterday too when the match was on! (Barcelona vs Sevilla)
I only watched the first half.

for me it was working when i restarted it again and again as always !

#13 October 23 2011

AVOlio

@Abou7meed and d3ad, the dongles that you guys have, ok i got it that they have to be connected to the internet and the receiver with Twin protocol,  but for the dongle is there a software that you have to update from time to time ? like microcox/Alpha ?  or its just like that,you just plug the internet cable and watch without updating any software at all ?

#14 October 24 2011

d3ad

AVOlio wrote:

@Abou7meed and d3ad, the dongles that you guys have, ok i got it that they have to be connected to the internet and the receiver with Twin protocol,  but for the dongle is there a software that you have to update from time to time ? like microcox/Alpha ?  or its just like that,you just plug the internet cable and watch without updating any software at all ?

I have been searching on the internet about it, but I cant find anything, I think it works on CCAM but i still havent been able to find a software/method to update or add additional servers manually.

#15 October 24 2011

AVOlio

d3ad wrote:
AVOlio wrote:

I have been searching on the internet about it, but I cant find anything, I think it works on CCAM but i still havent been able to find a software/method to update or add additional servers manually.

Well man tell us,how long you have had your dongle. How long did it work for you? and since you had it, did you update anything (softwares in it) or maybe gave it to the satellite guy and he updated for you ?!  Or you just had the dongle and you used it just like that till now without updating anything (if that is the case,was the dongle working all that time?)

#16 October 24 2011

Abou7meed

@ AVOlio
The dongle we have is not like Microbox or Alpha, you don't need to update anything,
inside there is your account info(when it will expire , usually accounts are for 6 months or 1 year)
its just a link to your server, and yeah I think its a CCAM one,

In general it is not bad, but actually you can't judge it right now coz it depends on your ping/internet speed and you know our net here in Lebanon !!
So by the new updates we can see if freezes are from the server or from our bad connection !

#17 November 1 2011

AVOlio

latest News... microbox/alpha has stopped working on W3 sats... !  i heaerd its working on Intel...

#18 November 1 2011

d3ad

well may be thats the reason my dongle keeps blinking and never a stable light for past 2 days :S

#19 November 1 2011

Louis40

Guys, get a clone dreambox and a sharing server cards and get all the chanels without freezing or updates..i have this and enjoying all the chanels..

#20 November 2 2011

AVOlio

Louis40 wrote:

Guys, get a clone dreambox and a sharing server cards and get all the chanels without freezing or updates..i have this and enjoying all the chanels..

Man, can you explain more? tell what more about the dreambox. and maybe if you can show us a picture of your's.  and then tell us more details like the price,where can you get it,and it works with internet right? and tell us more about these sharing server cards.

#21 November 2 2011

Abou7meed

Louis40 wrote:

Did you get Sky Italia full HD to open with Primafilla ?
Can you post us/PM me the link where we can subscribe...they must have a test line for 24-hrs to test their service !?

#22 November 2 2011

Louis40

As i said i have a DM800 HD Clone from China. And i contracted 2 Clines from a guy from a website.. google for DM800HD and you will find many pictures. It is a small receiver but very powerfull. It has a processor of 300Mhz ..Everything is open ecxept OSN and Primafila.. but Sky Calcio is always open..It all depends on the dish and the LNBs directions.. i have Hotbird, Nile, Astra ..All the frech chanels + HDs.. Nova, Sky Italia some Sky germany + the Polish chanels.. i mean any channels that can speak in English or French..

#23 November 3 2011

AVOlio

And how do you open the scrambled channels? with Internet ? and man tell us more, what are these sharing cards? are they like physical cards, and perhaps you insert them in the receiver? where do you get them, and would you specify more where you got it from? and who came installed it for you? (with the installation of the dishes up in the roof etc...)

#24 November 3 2011

Louis40

Ok, the DM800HD is an internet receiver. You will connect it to the net and get access to it through the ip address from a computer. Once connected you will upload the C-Lines that the supplier of the sharing will provide through email. No physical cards. Once you have done that,  your DM800HD will open the scrambled chanels immdiately. You can do it yourself. There are so many tutorials on the net.. It is really easy.
Concerning the DM800HD and the Sharings C Lines, PM me i will give you the suppliers.

Board footer