LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 May 24 2005

rolf

Ways to advertise the site

- Post on the computing message boards in universities - Free!
- Linux "installfests": linux users get together and help each other install and configure the system - Have to find lots of linux fans.
- Network games tournaments - Have to find a location and needs promotion.
- Beach party! - Can be expensive, may not be adequate for the promotion of a geeky website (geeks beach party???), but so much fun if it works.

#2 May 24 2005

samer
Admin

Re: Ways to advertise the site

also, by spreading the word (telling friends and family, including "www.lebgeeks.com" in your IM nickname...)

and once we start making meetings, we'll come up with several ideas on how to promote the website, and interesting stuff for the site.

#3 May 24 2005

rolf

If you come up with a nice design, I'll try to put them on message boards at my university. Dont make them too big though, A4 maximum, even A5 is better IMO, since whe only want to put the name, a slogan and some graphics.

#4 May 24 2005

mahdoum

I've advertised the site a bit, but it seems that only people who like message boards will even think of signing up =P so advertise in other message boards.

#5 May 24 2005

rolf

Well I wa thinking if we put advertisements on the message boards in the computer science faculty we could catch some potential members.

#6 May 24 2005

mezin

maybe send an email to all aub ... i can get an email  address that spreads it to all aub imails ... talk about free commercials

#7 May 25 2005

rolf

So samer, what do you think?

#8 May 25 2005

rolf

So samer, what do you think?

#9 May 25 2005

samer
Admin

also, here's a little banner:
lebgeeks_ad.gif

Well I wa thinking if we put advertisements on the message boards in the computer science faculty we could catch some potential members.

it's a good idea, we should inform computer science and CCE students about it.

#10 May 25 2005

rolf

All we need to do now is design the poster and write the mail.
I could do the poster but next week because of all the exams this week.
nice banner by the way.
Actually we could use the banner (the part with the guys in glasses) as a "poster" (I'ts not really a poster because it's small, but I dont know how to call it).

#11 May 25 2005

mahdoum

oh yeah I also have that little image I created, bas i need a good pixel font does anyone have one.

#12 May 25 2005

rolf

#13 May 25 2005

mahdoum

Ok check it out lebgeeks1.jpg lebgeeks2.jpg lebgeeks.gif

#14 May 25 2005

rolf

neat, I like the 1st one, but the head is a bit too chopped off, makes it hard to realize that it is a head.

#15 May 25 2005

samer
Admin

they're nice, but not attractive enough, i'll try to work on a pixel button tonight.

Board footer